Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: DARKSPORE  (Read 11466 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: DARKSPORE
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:29 am »

Are you talking about just good guys?  Because the bad guys die all the time.
Shoes...

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:55 pm »

Hey guys maxis here with the new release of darkspore, you see the major thing we did was just take spore, make it cost 50$ and then on top of that have a monthly fee.
But what is different about the gameplay?
Well all we really did was take the lighting and just remove most of it.

We also plan another 10 creature part pack that costs 30$ called the light pack, it just adds 10 new items that when used make the game as bright as the normal spore so you don't get scared and piss your pants, thus spilling your chocolate milk.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2010, 01:27:42 pm »

Where did you get a monthly fee out of all that?
Shoes...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »

Where did you get a monthly fee out of all that?
The monthly fee is for their defence buget after the game is sold
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2010, 03:00:53 pm »

Also, why is that bear telling me to stay thirsty?

Because, sadly, I appear to have started a meme. We can only hope it stops here. The last thing we want to see is a cybear-penguin with rock glasses.

And yeah, Darkspore's going to be worse than Spore, that I can promise, and it's also going to be worse than just about every big game in the past decade.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

I don't expect Darkspore to be good.  If it gets really good reviews I might try it though.

However, I still think you guys set yourselves up on the whole Spore thing.  Everyone took that one video in 2005 as gospel, and then cried havoc and let slip the dogs of war when a lot of things from an early alpha demo had been cut out.
Shoes...

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2010, 03:28:39 pm »

Given that the cutesy team behind Spore made Will Wright quit, I don't have high hopes for this, as his vision was the sole reason Spore was *supposed* to be so revolutionary.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2010, 03:48:36 pm »

Given that the cutesy team behind Spore made Will Wright quit, I don't have high hopes for this, as his vision was the sole reason Spore was *supposed* to be so revolutionary.

Er, they did? I recalll Wright riding Spore for all it was worth, and only quiting after the game pretty much collapsed a few months after release.

I'd like to respect him for quitting and all...but I would have respected him more if he'd quit when they saddled him with an army of Disney animators.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2010, 04:55:21 pm »

This just screams of EA going "look, I can do Diablo too! And let's rip off Starcraft's setting because that's popular right now!"

I'm, getting serious "Armies of Exigo"(the fact that it shares it's acronym with another famous strategy series is very intentional as the word "Exigo" is never used in the game at all) vibes from this game, in the "Rip off the setting of one Blizzard game and the mechanics of another" sense.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2010, 04:58:54 pm »

What I want out of Spore's mechanics and visuals: An actual evolution sim that's fun and thoughtful and RPGish.

What we're getting out of Darkspore: Ripping off arms to put on bigger and more scary looking arms on, so we can beat up stuff, and eventually hug our children with nuclear arms.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:03 pm »

meh, can't be much worse than space stage.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:43 pm »

Probably not. Just so many missed opportunities to take what is honestly a good start and make it something closer to what was promised. They could hack out the Creature stage, spend a year with it, and do something amazing.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:05 pm »

Probably not. Just so many missed opportunities to take what is honestly a good start and make it something closer to what was promised. They could hack out the Creature stage, spend a year with it, and do something amazing.
actually i'd be fine with the first two,.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »

Also, why is that bear telling me to stay thirsty?

Because, sadly, I appear to have started a meme. We can only hope it stops here. The last thing we want to see is a cybear-penguin with rock glasses.

And yeah, Darkspore's going to be worse than Spore, that I can promise, and it's also going to be worse than just about every big game in the past decade.

I didn't realize you had a bear avatar.

Also:

The Firefly in The Frog Princess.
Over 200 people in Atlantis, one of which burns to death inside a truck while we watch.
The thief at the beginning of Aladdin.
One of the two Chinese prisoners in Mulan, who was murdered for sport.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2010, 05:20:06 pm »

The guy from Pocahontas too.

Plus, we have to count some of those villain deaths in there.  Clayton getting hanged was traumatic as hell, they even showed his shadow.  Thankfully I was old enough not to develop any neuroses from it.  Ursula's death terrified me too.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10