Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: DARKSPORE  (Read 11448 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: DARKSPORE
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 08:58:15 pm »

This reeks of crap.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »

I'm probably going to get it a few monthsto a fear years post release, but IMHO the RPG-like part(creature stage) in spore was teh second best(behind the cell stage)
Hello Hunam

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 09:30:19 pm »

This game isn't trying to immitate WoW and not really Diablo

It is trying to immitate from what I can gather League of Legends

Check the screenshots and their 4 skill wonder

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57:57 pm »

League of Legends..? Huh.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 12:21:29 am »

What I'm afraid of it being is "DARK" in terms understood by the guys that Will Wright and Ocean Quiggly had to smack down from putting sneakers on the Spore creatures.  I.E., it'll be dark on the level of a Disney villain-song.

I'm waiting to see it though.  An RPG relying on body-customization has a ring going for it.

Disney villains are diabolically evil and more unrepentable than villains from most other sources.

Aladdin? Jafar is a dick who is destroying Mesopotamia in a bid to control the entire universe.

Snow White? The witch wants to murder a little girl because she's prettier than her. No other reason. Just that.

Rescue Rangers? Just watch that movie, there is nothing pleasant about the villains in any way.

The Lion King? Scar is the worst king ever. Also, he's a dick who murders little kids (or tries to, anyway).

Atlantis? This is even worse because the villains spend two thirds of the movie being best buddies with the hero and then betray him out of malicious greed, triggering a short war (of sorts) where dozens of innocent people die.

Disney Villains are more hardcore, evil, and terrifying than anything in any of the video games I have played.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 12:30:54 am »

Actually your getting some of the motives wrong...

The Wicked Queen in Snow White wanted to kill Snow White because if she died SHE would be the Fairest (most beautiful) one of all. Frankly though Snow White's appearance is very outdated, in reality her skin would be quite scary.

Jafar didn't destroy squat, he was just trying to become king (because I can't spell saultan) and suddenly found that he could bid for more power. Though not said in the story Jafar has a lot in common with Aladin in that he had to fight to have everything he wanted in life but unlike Aladin he was bitter.

Also you forgot one of the greatest Disney Villain... Malefacent who cursed the princess to DEATH because she wasn't invited to a party.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 12:45:22 am »

Jafar later comes back during the Disney's Hercules TV Show and joins forces with Hades to conquer the world in exchange for the Underworld.

Sounds pretty diabolical to me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 01:20:59 am »

You're mistaking "diabolical" for "childishly inane".

Also, why is that bear telling me to stay thirsty?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 02:00:05 am »

It's like Spore, but Dark!
that should be either a "customer review" or the official slogan.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 02:54:02 am »

Jafar later comes back during the Disney's Hercules TV Show and joins forces with Hades to conquer the world in exchange for the Underworld.

Sounds pretty diabolical to me.

That was a nice episode. Lilo and Stitch the TV show still holds the record for the most Crossovers though (Kim Possible, Proud Family, and Recess)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 07:38:18 am »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 07:49:13 am »

It doesn't sound bad in itself. I liked Diablo 2. I like roguelikes in general.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 09:08:57 am »

Have you noticed that nobody dies in Disney? Snow white, for example, didn't entirely eat the apple, she just choked on it, and removing it brought her back to life.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 09:12:28 am »

Have you noticed that nobody dies in Disney? Snow white, for example, didn't entirely eat the apple, she just choked on it, and removing it brought her back to life.

That's actually what happened in the original, except she "almost dies" thrice - first from poison, second from magical strangling garters, and the third is an apple enchanted so one half is good and the other half is poisonous.

Also, did you watch Tarzan? I watched it with my niece. Clayton's death fucking terrified her. What with the whole falling from a great height - just like most Disney villains - only to have his neck audibly and visibly snap in silhouette.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 09:51:02 am »

This thread is now about Disney villains, since they are better than this piece of crap.

Judge Claudius Frollo from Notre Dame was my favourite.

King Mufasa from Lion King.
Bambi's mother from Bambi.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10