Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57518 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #930 on: September 03, 2010, 04:29:18 am »

They have a slow projectile speed compared to a bullet, they would be difficult to aim with a fast moving target like Tex. And I think that telekinesis can be discounted, it is always slow and only on inanimate objects. Vader throws a bit of furniture about, but that has little effect. Vader also chokes people via telephone calls, but that could be mental manipulation as much as telekinesis. There is nothing that even remotely resembles throwing someone against a wall with sufficient force to kill them. Tex just keeps moving and shooting, eventually Luke succumbs...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 03, 2010, 04:42:20 am »

Heh, and I don't think Luke can force choke over the phone, in the movies anyways
(I'm no Star Wars fan, so idk)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 03, 2010, 05:58:26 am »

They have a slow projectile speed compared to a bullet, they would be difficult to aim with a fast moving target like Tex. And I think that telekinesis can be discounted, it is always slow and only on inanimate objects. Vader throws a bit of furniture about, but that has little effect. Vader also chokes people via telephone calls, but that could be mental manipulation as much as telekinesis. There is nothing that even remotely resembles throwing someone against a wall with sufficient force to kill them. Tex just keeps moving and shooting, eventually Luke succumbs...

So much wrong thing

Tex is not faster than a blaster bullet, te only thing that protect jedi is precognition and intense training. You dont see anybody else dodging them, since they simply can.

Force choke works on anything you see, distance is  not really important unless it's huge. Throwing into a wall would pin her down, and he could close the gap and finish her with the saber.

Telekinesis is not slow, unless what is being telekinesedextremely heavy, wich is not the case.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 03, 2010, 06:42:05 am »

WINER:Tex

FINAL ROUND: Roy Mustang VS Tex

Guts

Ajax

Sollux Captor   

Snikrot         
                             +----+
Roy Mustang -------+         |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Problem Sleuth          |    |    |
                        +----+    |
Isaac                             |

Jonathan Gabriel                  |
                                  +--Winner
Don Kanonji                       |
                                  |
Sam Vimes                         |
                                  |
Luke Skywalker                    |
                                  |
Canis Wolfborn                    |
                             +----+
Terra Branford               |
                             |
Gilgamesh                    |
                        +----+
Tex ---------------+    |
                   +----+
Dr. Clef

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 03, 2010, 08:22:03 am »

After the final, I think we should take a few requests for matchups that were never made. Gilgamesh vs. Ajax, for example.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 03, 2010, 08:37:52 am »

Yes, I would like to see this.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 03, 2010, 08:56:59 am »

Certainly. List any you would like to have, and we will do those after the final.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 03, 2010, 03:13:36 pm »

Oh yeah, the exhibition matches will be great fun.

As far as business goes, I really don't know which way to call this. Given the location of a tropical island, I think I have no choice but to hand this one to Mustang.

Hear me out before you start shouting, Terra's fire was at least as powerful as Mustang's, but the reason it wouldn't have worked against Tex is because she has to aim it specifically, and could easily miss. Mustang's fire is far more wide-sweeping, and on such a flammable island it's almost certain that Tex would be caught in the fire. Not only would this cost her her camo, she would also likely take enough heat damage over the course of ten seconds to bring down and keep down her shields, allowing Mustang the ability to roast her flesh (or circuitry).
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 03, 2010, 03:22:53 pm »

Roy can't simply incinerate everything in sight, though - If the entire island goes up in flames, he would be in danger himself.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 03, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »

Roy can't simply incinerate everything in sight, though - If the entire island goes up in flames, he would be in danger himself.

That brings up the question, how the hell are people getting off this tropical island? Wasn't it specified they had to leave the arena by their own power? You don't expect some of these guys to swim for twenty miles, I hope.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 03, 2010, 04:27:11 pm »

Magic. A doorway appears out of thin air, and the characters are told that they have to fight one of several people, and that they have three days to go through. They can take whatever will fit through the doorway in one trip (No going back and forth to transport multiple items). The two doorways link to a pair of doorways on the island. The characters emerge from their respective doorways simultaneously, and they are sealed until the character can kill the other. The survivor must then return to their doorway (so suicide attacks are not allowed) to win.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 03, 2010, 04:36:15 pm »

Okay, cool. As for the "don't die" option, Mustang could simply make his way to the lowest point on the island and launch his attacks from there. I would say highest point for the advantage, but the smoke would kill him.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 03, 2010, 04:48:40 pm »

Well, I expect that Tex could Stay alive by keeping trees between her and Mustang. How many walls of fire does she have to dodge before she gets a chance to shoot at Roy?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 03, 2010, 05:41:55 pm »

Well, I expect that Tex could Stay alive by keeping trees between her and Mustang. How many walls of fire does she have to dodge before she gets a chance to shoot at Roy?

Well, assuming he uses walls as opposed to an all-consuming wave, I'd guess about four.  And I don't know a lot about tropical trees, but I imagine they'd burn quickly enough with that kind of power being thrown at them.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 03, 2010, 06:26:41 pm »

Setting living trees alight is rather hard - Although the peripherals like the leaves will go up easily, getting the main body of the tree to set alight is damn near impossible, espiecially in a environment with so much moisture.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66