Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57531 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #915 on: September 02, 2010, 05:56:36 pm »

and then she would be force pushed. dead.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 02, 2010, 05:59:01 pm »

1,000 pounds means nothing to you? Luke's powerful, but he's not moving Tex with a wave of his hand.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 02, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »

1000 pounds is not that much. really, at the least it would bowl her over. That would not end well for her.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 02, 2010, 06:03:39 pm »

1,000 pounds means nothing to Luke. Yoda is quite clear: Size means nothing. Luke moves his x-wing early on in his training, though he doesn't believe he can so he ends up dropping it. By the last movie Yoda says his training is complete, so presumably he has mastered Yoda's simplest lessons.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 02, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »

1,000 pounds means nothing to Luke. Yoda is quite clear: Size means nothing. Luke moves his x-wing early on in his training, though he doesn't believe he can so he ends up dropping it. By the last movie Yoda says his training is complete, so presumably he has mastered Yoda's simplest lessons.

Of course man, what I'm saying is that Luke would require a bit of effort to move Tex, not just a flick of the wrist force push sort of deal also really sorry but I'm a bit jittery right now oh god oh god need coffee
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:44 pm »

As i said, flick of the wrist as you say it would be more than enough to bowl her over. the force used is enough to trow robot on wall at high speed.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 02, 2010, 06:19:31 pm »

Tex is fast, and can probably taunt Luke enough to mess with his concentration. Besides, do we ever see the force being used to move anything other than an inanimate object?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 02, 2010, 06:20:45 pm »

Tex is fast, and can probably taunt Luke enough to mess with his concentration. Besides, do we ever see the force being used to move anything other than an inanimate object?

Well yes, but not by Luke.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:06 pm »

Tex is fast, and can probably taunt Luke enough to mess with his concentration.
Maybe someone else, but Luke resists the emperor's corruptive influence in the movies, and doubtless the emperor was pulling some subtle force shennanigans at the time.

Also, the like given for information about Tex shows Tex unarmed fighting someone who appears to have technology not unlike a lightsaber, and beating the other person brutally without getting harmed.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 02, 2010, 06:34:36 pm »

Tex is fast, and can probably taunt Luke enough to mess with his concentration.
Maybe someone else, but Luke resists the emperor's corruptive influence in the movies, and doubtless the emperor was pulling some subtle force shennanigans at the time.

Also, the like given for information about Tex shows Tex unarmed fighting someone who appears to have technology not unlike a lightsaber, and beating the other person brutally without getting harmed.

That is correct ed boy. Tucker isn't on the same level as Luke obviously, but he got owned regardless.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 02, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »

And yeah, that sword is basically a lightsaber...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:30 pm »

And he does not have Lukes power, making it a moot point. Luke can kill stormtrooper easily. That's about the same as you.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:37 pm »

And he does not have Lukes power, making it a moot point. Luke can kill stormtrooper easily. That's about the same as you.

No, a Stormtrooper is about the same as Tucker, or maybe Sarge. Tex is more on par with "Darth Vader fused with Rambo and a hot Texan chick".

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 02, 2010, 10:26:52 pm »

I think that Tex can outrun Luke and that Luke cannot reflect bullets, although Luke probably gets a blaster...
Read the First Post!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 03, 2010, 03:32:31 am »

Ed boy, you want to call this one, or should I?

Also remember that if Luke gets a blaster, you're technically allowing him handheld artillery. Movie blasters are ridiculously powerful.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66