Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57635 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #765 on: August 24, 2010, 05:57:07 pm »

Bah, Isaac is being bossed around by the one thing in his world that could beat Roy. Mechanics-wise Dullahan and Star Magician are tough, but story-wise... they're some ancient animated armor and a rouge mage of somewhat above average skill.

That rogue mage is Saturos, thank you very much. No, I have no source for that. I'm just assuming so because they are the only ones who use that music.

And think about it, though. That ancient, animated armor is the guardian of one of the most powerful spells in the game, set there by a long dead civilization. He is the Necrons, except not omnicidal.

You think Mustang can't beat one Necron with subpar weaponry?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 24, 2010, 05:58:53 pm »

Bah, Isaac is being bossed around by the one thing in his world that could beat Roy. Mechanics-wise Dullahan and Star Magician are tough, but story-wise... they're some ancient animated armor and a rouge mage of somewhat above average skill.

That rogue mage is Saturos, thank you very much. No, I have no source for that. I'm just assuming so because they are the only ones who use that music.

And think about it, though. That ancient, animated armor is the guardian of one of the most powerful spells in the game, set there by a long dead civilization. He is the Necrons, except not omnicidal.

Frankly? Yes. Regenerating biometal, dude, and the Gauss Flayer is far worse than anything in any universe.

Now if we're talking about Dullahan, still yes. He has huge resistance (or was that sentinel) to elemental attacks, implying that he'd be resistant to whatever alchemical shit Roy pulled. And then Formina Sage. Or Charon. Bam, the world is over.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 24, 2010, 05:59:33 pm »

Frankly? Yes. Regenerating biometal, dude, and the Gauss Flayer is far worse than anything in any universe.

Now if we're talking about Dullahan, still yes. He has huge resistance (or was that sentinel) to elemental attacks, implying that he'd be resistant to whatever alchemical shit Roy pulled. And then Formina Sage. Or Charon. Bam, the world is over.

But fire isn't an element. It's fire

EDIT: And we're not even talking about Isaac at this point. Seriously, if this is the shit he fights I call shenanigans on his even being in the contest  :P
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 24, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »

Yes, it's an element. And anyway Roy can't burn something that contains no phlogiston.

(This is a neutral ground. Of course phlogiston exists here)
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 24, 2010, 06:01:57 pm »

Dude, fire gets pretty damn hot. He burns buildings with that fire, man. Stone buildings. I think a suit of armor that isn't a part of this contest is within his abilities.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 24, 2010, 06:03:54 pm »

Dude, fire gets pretty damn hot. He burns buildings with that fire, man. Stone buildings. I think a suit of armor that isn't a part of this contest is within his abilities.

Does he turn them into magma? No. You'd need to be able to magmatize a building in a flash to destroy a suit of steel armor with fire.

Also this contest is now Dullahan v. Roy Mustang.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 24, 2010, 06:04:54 pm »

Does he turn them into magma? No. You'd need to be able to magmatize a building in a flash to destroy a suit of steel armor with fire.

Is this Roy Mustang...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If so, it just went from "Mustang Wins" to "This was a contest? I thought we were just here to admire this smoking crater"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 24, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »

EDIT: And we're not even talking about Isaac at this point. Seriously, if this is the shit he fights I call shenanigans on his even being in the contest  :P
Dullahan is not all that much more powerful than the animate suits of armor in Full Metal Alchemist. The difference being it has no weak point, so Issac basically just has to bash it to pieces. Fire wouldn't do much to it. Still, this has nothing to do with the current fight. Roy controls fire, Issac controls earth, probably to similar extents. I say the fight would go like this:
Issac: Stand down! I don't want to fight you!(or something or the sort. he is a hero after all.)
Roy: *snap*
Issac: *explodes*

Issac would hesitate before attacking, and so he would die. He's a kid who hardly ever fights humans, while Roy is a battle-hardened veteran who wouldn't blink at killing him.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 24, 2010, 06:08:33 pm »

Dullahan is not all that much more powerful than the animate suits of armor in Full Metal Alchemist. The difference being it has no weak point, so Issac basically just has to bash it to pieces. Fire wouldn't do much to it. Still, this has nothing to do with the current fight. Roy controls fire, Issac controls earth, probably to similar extents. I say the fight would go like this:
Issac: Stand down! I don't want to fight you!(or something or the sort. he is a hero after all.)
Roy: *snap*
Issac: *explodes*

Issac would hesitate before attacking, and so he would die. He's a kid who hardly ever fights humans, while Roy is a battle-hardened veteran who wouldn't blink at killing him.

I tried that argument with Gabe/Isaac, but someone ruled in favor of Isaac.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 24, 2010, 06:10:23 pm »

But Gabe can't set things on fire. Gabe has to run like a motherfucker, displaying his intentions. Roy has to snap his fingers.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 24, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »

Is this Roy Mustang...

If so, it just went from "Mustang Wins" to "This was a contest? I thought we were just here to admire this smoking crater"

What, the one who can't even control his own power anymore?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 24, 2010, 06:12:48 pm »

But Gabe can't set things on fire. Gabe has to run like a motherfucker, displaying his intentions. Roy has to snap his fingers.
Exactly. Gabe is fast, but he still has to attack at melee range. Issac's hesitation doesn't mean as much when he can just throw up a stone wall in his enemy's way. Roy wouldn't give him the chance.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 24, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »

Is this Roy Mustang...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 24, 2010, 06:13:49 pm »

Is this Roy Mustang...

In that case no it is not.

Anyway, where is ed boy?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 24, 2010, 06:14:50 pm »

Is this Roy Mustang...
No, that would be stupid. And besides, then Isaac should get the Golden Sun for the fight. There wouldn't even be a fight. With that thing Issac IS alchemy. If he doesn't want it to work, it won't work.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66