Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57627 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #750 on: August 24, 2010, 12:38:30 pm »

So, Isaac or Roy? It looks like we're not going anywhere fast.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 24, 2010, 03:12:49 pm »

Well, that depends. If we acknowledge that Isaac is only resistant to spells symbolized with fire, as opposed to actual OH GOD IT BURNS fire, then Roy has this one in all sorts of bags.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 24, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »

I think it will be close, since their power levels seem pretty even, but I've gotta give it to Roy because of his combat experience. Isaac is powerful, but he's just a kid, with very little actual experience fighting.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 24, 2010, 04:49:22 pm »

Actually that's pretty much what he is doing all the time....

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 24, 2010, 04:58:02 pm »

Has he ever fought in a large-scale war, where Everything Is Trying To Kill You? Has he ever taken on superhumans that have the ability to shrug off death like it was a minor cut? (And I mean SOLO, not with a party at his back or some bull.)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 24, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »

And the Golden Sun games together take what, a month? A year maybe? Sure, he's getting better, but he just hasn't been fighting for long.

Now, after the end of the second game he would presumably crush Roy, but I'd say having a part of the Golden Sun and all the godlike powers that come with it would be a bit unfair.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 24, 2010, 05:23:31 pm »

BAHAHA I just realized that both series use the term "alchemy".

Anyway, I say Roy wins this one. I want to see Vimes/Skywalker.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »

Has he ever fought in a large-scale war, where Everything Is Trying To Kill You? Has he ever taken on superhumans that have the ability to shrug off death like it was a minor cut? (And I mean SOLO, not with a party at his back or some bull.)

Is it a large scale war : No. That's irrelevant in a duel. He's mostly running around resolving puzzles and killing enemies. And yes, i would say that killing things like the doomdragon or the Sentinel armor is pretty much killing things that shrug off death like a minor cut.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 24, 2010, 05:26:51 pm »

Or Dullahan.

Wait, you know what? The things Isaac has killed are worse than what Mustang has faced.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 24, 2010, 05:33:32 pm »

Or Dullahan.
So... many... HP... It's probably stronger than a Homunculus, but nothing Isaac faces has regenerative abilities anywhere near what they have.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:06 pm »

Or Dullahan.
So... many... HP... It's probably stronger than a Homunculus, but nothing Isaac faces has regenerative abilities anywhere near what they have.

Yeah, but he does have, what, 15k HP? That makes him practically a god. And Formina Sage is just the Devil. Jesus, that's the sword that could crack the world.

And Star Magician has the potential for unlimited healing if you don't figure out that keeping the thunder balls around is actually your best bet.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 24, 2010, 05:42:44 pm »

Or Dullahan.

Yeah, but he does have, what, 15k HP? That makes him practically a god. And Formina Sage is just the Devil. Jesus, that's the sword that could crack the world.

And Star Magician has the potential for unlimited healing if you don't figure out that keeping the thunder balls around is actually your best bet.

But none of those had the ability to heal themselves back to full health upwards of 50 times. Pretty much everyone Mustang faces does that as their schtick. You know, if Isaac has this kind of game-breaking power, I can't help but ask why the suspicious eyes are looking at Mustang.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 24, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

Or Dullahan.

But none of those had the ability to heal themselves back to full health upwards of 50 times. Pretty much everyone Mustang faces does that as their schtick. You know, if Isaac has this kind of game-breaking power, I can't help but ask why the suspicious eyes are looking at Mustang.

Star Magician did, actually. And Dullahan doesn't need to heal himself because his "shtick" is instant murder. I don't care how skilled Roy Mustang's alchemy is, he got shot by Archer (I think). He can be hurt, after all.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 24, 2010, 05:53:29 pm »

Bah, Isaac is being bossed around by the one thing in his world that could beat Roy. Mechanics-wise Dullahan and Star Magician are tough, but story-wise... they're some ancient animated armor and a rogue mage of somewhat above average skill.

Amusingly, trying to determine a battlefield for these two would be a mess. Issac is from a world where alchemy is sealed away, only usable by a select few, and if brought somewhere it worked fully he would be like some sort of god.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 24, 2010, 05:55:11 pm »

Bah, Isaac is being bossed around by the one thing in his world that could beat Roy. Mechanics-wise Dullahan and Star Magician are tough, but story-wise... they're some ancient animated armor and a rouge mage of somewhat above average skill.

That rogue mage is Saturos, thank you very much. No, I have no source for that. I'm just assuming so because they are the only ones who use that music.

And think about it, though. That ancient, animated armor is the guardian of one of the most powerful spells in the game, set there by a long dead civilization. He is the Necrons, except not omnicidal.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 66