Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57655 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #720 on: August 21, 2010, 09:21:12 pm »

Judgment

The thing that makes those knives so deadly is that they are sacred to Mork, the (other) Orkish god! Therefore he technically has divine assistance - which seems a little unfair. He still has his Stikkbombs, of course. Stikkbombs are fragmentation grenades by default, and several arguers have mentioned Ajax's big shield. Stikkbombs, being frag grenades, would not have the penetration to beat that, making them moot. +1 to Ajax

CJ argues that Snikrot has this one in the bag, because Ajax cannot penetrate his skin. This has been refuted several times by ed boy and others. Orks are tough. They do not, however, have armored skin. No points for Snikrot or Ajax.

Dragnar argues that Snikrot is bigger and stronger. Snikrot is definitely bigger; warbosses are at the very least 9' tall with the possibility of getting bigger. Ajax is, at most, 7' tall. Barbarossa points out that his larger size does not necessarily mean he is stronger, however, as Ajax is capable of hurling chariot sized boulders with great regularity. Chariots are big. On the other hand, Snikrot is STR 5, which makes him quite strong. No points for either.

Barbarossa argues that Snikrot's stealth advantage would be negated by Ajax's proficiency for dealing with ambushes. However, many have pointed out that if Snikrot does get the first hit in, the fight is over. +1 to Snikrot.

Dragnar argues that Snikrot's healing factor easily surpasses any damage swords could do to him. Barbarossa refutes this; Orks are not Trolls and do not have a healing factor anywhere near the level Dragnar is positing. On the other hand, Snikrot's alien biology would make it a little harder to kill him. No points.

Okay, these points have already been decided, but we need one more to break the tie. Any new arguments in favor of Snikrot or Ajax can't use the already decided points.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 21, 2010, 09:32:49 pm »

Isn't it one A plus (1+1/2)A for every extra order of magnitude?
So WAGH! is one ork, and clearly lame...
WAAGH! is 10, Functional, but not enough...
WAAAAGH! =100 = might mess up a small village someplace.
WAAAAAGH! = 1000 = The guards can handle it.
WAAAAAAAGH! = 10000 = Call in the marines.
WAAAAAAAAGH! = 100000 = This could be a problem.
WAAAAAAAAAAGH! = 1000000 = starting to worry.
WAAAAAAAAAAAGH! = 10000000 = Nuke the planet.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! = 100000000= Nuke the planet until the shattered fragments glow.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! = 1000000000 = Nuke the system.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! = 10000000000 = "Game over man! Game over!"
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 21, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »

Mork's teeth are each the length of a human arm, which would give Snikrot enough reach to win a swordfight.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 21, 2010, 09:42:22 pm »

Skill: Space marines have a Weapon Skill of 4, who have trained for hundreds of years in all forms of the art of combat, to better fight the xeno, the heretic, and the mutant. Snikrot is WS 5. By comparison are the Eldar Exarch , who have trained for thousands of years training in their aspect. Orks are born with the knowledge of fighting, and only get better while they get older.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 21, 2010, 09:53:25 pm »

Ajax fights champions of gods all the time in his home lore. There is nothing unfair about the enchanted daggers.

And they're really not daggers. They're closer to bastard swords in the hands of regular humans.

I back up what Luke said.  I think we can all agree Ajax couldn't take a Space Marine in melee combat. And yet, Sniktrot is superior to a Space Marine in that aspect. Unless Ajax actually had boulders to throw, he's at a major disadvantage. And to refute the boulder thing here and now, if explosions aren't deadly to Sniktrot there's no way rocks are.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 21, 2010, 11:04:58 pm »

Mork's teeth are each the length of a human arm, which would give Snikrot enough reach to win a swordfight.
Xothos swords were three or four feet long, about the same length. Greatspears, on the other hand, are between eight and twenty feet, a HUGE advantage, even just using the haft as a club.

If there were any hills and such, Ajax could hold Snikrot at bay with the spear for quite a while.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 22, 2010, 01:30:08 am »

I have yet to see any consensus about Ajax being unable to defeat a space marine. At range, obviously the space marine would have the advantage, although if Ajax were able to ambush one I don't really see that a space marine would have the mobility to resist Ajax...

The idea that WH40k has stronger heroes than Greek myth just isn't founded, think about all the monsters that get torn apart by a single hero? Things like the Hydra are little different from the likes of a Squiggoth...

I think that Ajax has the advantage of discipline while Snikrot has the edge in ferocity...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 22, 2010, 01:34:03 am »

I think that Ajax has the advantage of discipline while Snikrot has the edge in ferocity...
If the early roman empire is an example, Ajax would win, then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 22, 2010, 03:58:22 am »

On the other hand, I really know nothing about Snikrot except that it is from Wahammer 40k and doesn't have a meaningful gender...
Read the First Post!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 22, 2010, 04:22:21 am »

Ajax fights champions of gods all the time in his home lore. There is nothing unfair about the enchanted daggers.
The idea that WH40k has stronger heroes than Greek myth just isn't founded, think about all the monsters that get torn apart by a single hero? Things like the Hydra are little different from the likes of a Squiggoth...

Good job Cj, you have just managed to sabotage your own guy by equating his weaponry to shit Ajax is used to, conflated with RAM's post about Greek monsters gives the final point to AIAS TELAMONIDES, (Greek Myth).

NEXT ROUND: Isaac from the Golden Sun series VS Colonel Roy Mustang

ed boy, back to you.

Guts
                   +----+
Ajax --------------+    |
                        +----+
Sollux Captor           |    |
                   +----+    |
Snikrot         
                             +----+
Roy Mustang -------+         |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Problem Sleuth          |    |    |
                        +----+    |
Isaac -------------+    |         |
                   +----+         |
Jonathan Gabriel                  |
                                  +--Winner
Don Kanonji                       |
                   +----+         |
Sam Vimes ---------+    |         |
                        +----+    |
Luke Skywalker ----+    |    |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Canis Wolfborn               |    |
                             +----+
Terra Branford ----+         |
                   +----+    |
Gilgamesh               |    |
                        +----+
Tex ---------------+    |
                   +----+
Dr. Clef

i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 22, 2010, 04:54:32 am »

*mocks Snikrot's corpse*
*wonders why there are so many mushrooms everywhere...*
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 22, 2010, 07:54:46 am »

I must debate that decision and say that shit means nothing, because it was a tie until I mentioned that he had stronger than normal weaponry. WTF.

To be more on-topic, Isaac is burned to cinders the second Mustang snaps his fingers. And Mustang always snaps first.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 22, 2010, 09:06:42 am »

I'm afraid that I don't know very much about Roy's abilities, but it seems that he has an "I win" button in the form of "everything within an arbitrarily large radius (except myself) is incinerated". This seems overpowered (and thus against rule 9 in the original post). Of course, if I'm wrong, point it out, but otherwise a limitation will need to be imposed on his abilities.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 22, 2010, 09:10:41 am »

I must debate that decision and say that shit means nothing, because it was a tie until I mentioned that he had stronger than normal weaponry. WTF.

It's called "shooting yourself in the foot".

Anyway, down to the business at hand. Is Roy Mustang overpowered?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 22, 2010, 09:17:01 am »

I'm afraid that I don't know very much about Roy's abilities, but it seems that he has an "I win" button in the form of "everything within an arbitrarily large radius (except myself) is incinerated". This seems overpowered (and thus against rule 9 in the original post). Of course, if I'm wrong, point it out, but otherwise a limitation will need to be imposed on his abilities.

He's human. If you're faster than him, or you take more than one hyper-fire to take down, then you have pretty good odds. Isaac happens to be neither of those things, hence why Mustang would take it. I'll see if I can give a detailed explanation of his powers.

Roy Mustang is the Flame Alchemist. He wears a pair of special gloves that allow him to make fire, explosions, all that sort of thing. He is noted as being extremely accurate; his right hand is used for "sniping", while his left hand makes more sweeping, all-consuming flames. His fire has demonstrated the ability to entirely incinerate humans, and vaguely super-human creatures called homunculus. There is no limit to how much fire he can produce. However, when his gloves become wet they lose their ability to produce a spark, and thus are useless. However, if he has a sharp enough object on hand he can carve the circle into his own hand, and use a third-party flame source to continue as normal.

He has the durability of an average human, but seems to be particularly efficient at staying conscious when by no rights he should be.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66