Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57748 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND FIVE: GILGAMESH VS TERRA BRANFORD]
« Reply #510 on: July 30, 2010, 08:34:17 am »

she can do magic from the sky
At the speed she's flying, I doubt she can target properly. And if she was firing in front of her and the spells moved at a reasonable pace, she'd just hit herself.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:45 am »

Just because she CAN move extremely fast doesn't mean she can't slow down. She could just fly out of range while raining firagas down on him.

ok... that's not impressive. So he has a stupid amount of blood(which must be under a lot of pressure... cutting him would cause a fountain of blood), how does this help him in a fight?
You don't have to be impressed, you have to try and stay afloat in the lake of blood. In the text, Gilgamesh is just fine afterwards, and as strong as ever. Therefore, he can't be killed by tiny cuts. You would have to hack him apart to disable him, and the parts connected to his brain would still have blood! I assume that the hacked off sections would still be shooting out blood at insane velocities.
Being incinerated doesn't cause bleeding anyway. And Terra is used to fighting things that don't lose strength until Spontaneous Existence Failure. And she can do the same thing with even one HP.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 30, 2010, 08:54:04 am »

Gilgamesh is immune to her fire-based spells, as he is immune to fire. (In tablet 12 of the epic, he is not harmed by the fire that spurts out of the underworld at him when Enkidu's ghost leaps free.)
Considering that he withstood a "torrent of fire, brighter than the sun itself", I doubt burning will be an issue.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 30, 2010, 09:10:03 am »

he is almost impossible to kill, immune to fire, wouldn't tire even if the battle took weeks and incredibly strong.

Gilgamesh wins!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 30, 2010, 09:15:23 am »

Also, he's a blood fountain.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 30, 2010, 09:26:50 am »

Well, immunity to fire is an annoyingly specific advantage, but I still think Terra would win. As strong as he may be, he can still be decapitated, and Terra is quite skilled with a sword and far faster than Gilgamesh.

Also, he's a blood fountain.
Which does not help him win. It will make his defeat quite spectacular though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 30, 2010, 09:51:41 am »

All that blood does is give Terra a fantastic chance at a Fatality.

Gilgamesh is immune to fire? Terra can whip out her more icy spells.

Gilgamesh needs to be hacked apart? Terra has a sword, my friends.

Terra doesn't learn icy spells? Use the Dissidia version, because that one is strong enough to fight on her own. I seriously suggest this.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 30, 2010, 10:01:21 am »

Why the Dissida version? Terra isn't a Squishy Wizard, she is as tough as everyone else in the game, just with more innate magic. Also, she learns flare, which only LOOKS like fire, it's actually non-elemental.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:34 pm »

But the Dissidia one's all I really know  :(

That, and she has Tornado. That's more or less an instant win.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 30, 2010, 01:37:21 pm »

But the Dissidia one's all I really know  :(

That, and she has Tornado. That's more or less an instant win.
Tornado is useless in FF6. It hurts EVERYONE. Including your party.

Also: How dare you have never played the greatest RPG of all time! Go get an emulator and start playing! Now!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2010, 02:08:49 pm »

Should terra have enhancers? (Swords that give lots of magic power) or what. Plus at low health she can use a desperation attack that does lots of damage.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2010, 02:55:55 pm »

I'd say she should have the Atma Weapon(grows stronger the more health you have), Soul of Thamasa(allows duel-casting), and minerva bustier(...no comment. It's the best armor in the game for some reason). Not the best setup, but good without being overpowered(overpowered would be a genji glove + offering)

Gilgamesh might be unbeatable in a contest of strength, but Terra can destroy him from afar and is far faster. The battle might take a while, but Gilgamesh won't be able to land a single blow.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2010, 07:22:54 pm »

That assumes Gilgamesh doesn't start throwing rocks at Terra.

And I've played FF6.  Throwing a rock at somebody is an instant-kill if it works.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2010, 07:37:28 pm »

Terra also has vanish, which makes all non-magical attacks miss... and makes all magic attacks hit. vanish + x-zone FTW!!!

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2010, 12:30:57 pm »

Gilgamesh uses Babylonian Blood Cannon no Jutsu!  It's not very effective...
Winner: Terra. 

Next round:  Tex VERS Dr. Clef
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66