Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57787 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND THREE: ROY MUSTANG VS PROBLEM SLEUTH]
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2010, 08:45:18 pm »

How is this about fairness? One will die and one will live. The strongest will live.
But the whole criteria for entering this contest was "no god-modding", and Problem Sleuth kind of straddles the line.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2010, 08:47:48 pm »

Not really. He is more powerful than Roy but he is not all powerful.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:33 pm »

He wields the power of an atom bomb. In a scythe. And is also a vampire. That's only the start.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2010, 08:50:01 pm »

Will all his powers? He's about as close to all powerful as it gets. As I said, if PS gets everything he can do, Roy should get a false philosophers stone. It's only fair.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:10 pm »

Humm that may be fair. Although obviously if he gets the stone PS gets to final flip out.

And PS would still win that one.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2010, 08:53:41 pm »

Sepulcritude vs stone is fine, but Final Flip Out requires allies. He has to fuse with the weasel king to do it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2010, 08:55:10 pm »

What? He summons his essence and fuses with it. You may as well say that fire is a ally.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2010, 08:58:34 pm »

...what? Fire is not a creature living in another world. The king is.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2010, 08:58:49 pm »

Will all his powers? He's about as close to all powerful as it gets. As I said, if PS gets everything he can do, Roy should get a false philosophers stone. It's only fair.
Fine. Since we never even see what he could do with a Philosopher's stone, he'd probably be a step above Kimbley, who was already kind of all-powerful, so it'd be about a fair fight then.

Let me give an idea of how I think that would go down.

Problem Sleuth lands on one side of the battlefield, scythe in hand and vampire powers at the ready. He charges forward, only for a tidal wave of flame to come at him. He swings the scythe, stopping the flames, only for another flame to slice across his hands, forcing him to drop his scythe. He runs, more fire peppering him as he runs before hopping inside a building for protection. He leans out and tries some DIPLOMACY, only for Mustang to dodge the volley. As he tries again, Mustang simply burns the gun to a crisp, detonating the bullets and hurting Problem Sleuth enough to make him run. He leaps out the building just before Mustang detonates it, turning it into rubble and sending our noir-ish hero rolling right back up to the scythe.

He takes it and leaps at Mustang, taking a swing as Mustang sends a small bolt of fire. The scythe cuts into Mustang's abdomen, but as a result Problem Sleuth is blinded, his eyes burned to cinders. As he swings wildly around, Mustang cauterizes the wound, sending him to his knees as a lucky blow from the scythe lands on him, getting stuck as Mustang grabs a hold of it, ripping it out of the detective's grip. He snaps his fingers as a wave of fire incinerates the poor detective.

Mustang rips out the scythe and limps off the battlefield, nearly broken but still alive. In the afterlife, Problem Sleuth escapes as he always does, though by the time he's out the battle has been declared a victory for the Colonel.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »

PS can have Final Flip Out.
It won't do anything though.
Unless he has an ability that can reveal Mustang's health bar.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2010, 09:02:35 pm »

True. It doesn't really do anything to boost sepulcritude's power. It just removes the already flimsy forth wall.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2010, 09:05:30 pm »

Wow. Okay then. If you feel that way. PS can be all powerful without letting RM get the stone fine.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2010, 09:10:30 pm »

Wow. Okay then. If you feel that way. PS can be all powerful without letting RM get the stone fine.

If you're trying reverse psychology, it's not working...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2010, 09:20:43 pm »

It is what they say.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2010, 09:22:05 pm »

Moleg Reppoc would kick both of their asses.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 66