Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57847 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: What other thread? [ROUND ONE: GUTS VS AJAX]
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2010, 09:35:38 am »

Oh, in the absence of any alternative accepted suggestions, I believe that my idea of battles occurring at the Smithsonian has won by default...
You are wrong on several levels. A neutral, open ground with the occasional cover has already been suggested, and I believe accepted. And if I'd even seen your Smithsonian idea I'd have objected. I don't want Colonel Mustang burning down a museum I haven't visited yet.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2010, 11:41:00 am »

I'd say Ajax wins this.  Gut's sword, while cool looking, is immensely impractical in single combat.  The fact that the only person better at combat than him in the Illiad is Achilles, and Ajax doesn't have his invincibility hax implies a lot of combat skill - Achilles can't be injured, Ajax won't be injured.

If Guts starts using anime physics, then Ajax gets to use Rho Aias as some sort of giant flower energy shield thing ala fate stay night, which pretty much negates that advantage

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2010, 11:44:59 am »

A dragon cannot dodge a sword, whereas a shield can be moved with a blow. A shield of steel is thus far harder to break than an equally thick wall of steel.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2010, 12:07:05 pm »

Ah, but the man behind that shield could be broken.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2010, 12:18:40 pm »

Once, there was a ship. That ship had a gale tugging at its sails, born of Apollo's will, summoned by the prayers of its sailors. The sailors were attempting to get away as quickly as possible, paddling with hands and oars, as well as throwing up full sails. With one arm, Ajax held back this ship. With the other, he impaled the cowardly sailors who were attempting to flee him.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile

Well, that was DAMN close.  Ajax wins, but barely.  He limps off of the field, his shield in tatters, his broken spear left lodged in the heart of his foe.  (Yes, he'll have them fixed by next round)

Next round:  Sollux Captor VRS Snikrot, leader of the Red Skull kommando.
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Well, in the case Sollux tastes the Mind Honey the Ork is screwed.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Snikrot, I'd have to say. Sollux doesn't seem to have much power other than telekinesis, and I believe someone said earlier in the thread that Sollux wouldn't use the mind honey on himself.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Sollux. Stealth doesn't mean much against someone with clairvoyance, and Sollux also has telekinesis to finish them off with.

Well, in the case Sollux tastes the Mind Honey the Ork is screwed.
Well that goes without saying(Giant eyebeams FTW!), but you never eat the mind honey. At least not on purpose.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I couldn't figure this one out from the articles on both of them, so I've a question. Can Sollux stop X-TREME DAKKA with his mind? I'd imagine he could stop a few bullets, but Snikrot has lots and lots of DAKKA to use.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile

When it comes to arsenal Snikrot's page only mentions him wielding 2 human arm length knives. It mentions no other powers or weapons. Sollux has been shown to be able to use his telekinesis to basically levitate himself, so he could just float out of the range of those. As for bullets, I don't think he could stop all of them, but I think he could use the levitation I mentioned earlier to aid in dodging the rounds.

As for mind honey, we established that the combatants get bios of the other combatants and 3 days to prepare. I don't find it too far fetched to think that, after looking over the other bios, Sollux may decide to bring some mind honey has a last resort. I doubt he would use it right off the bat, but if all else fails, he could turn to it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Doesn't Sollux have quite a few Throwing Stars? Those might help to a degree. Uh, throw them in the Orks eyes or something. That's basically the only thing closest to a physical weapon I can think.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Throwing stars? Those were bit more than that. He chopped his world's equivalent of a server in half with those giant things on accident. And embedded them in the wall behind it for good measure.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

And one more thing, wasn't he able to see the future in a way?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

And one more thing, wasn't he able to see the future in a way?
Stealth doesn't mean much against someone with clairvoyance
Yes. He has "vision two-fold" meaning he can simultaneously see the present and the future.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66