Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57583 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: Actual combat edition [ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS]
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:00 pm »

Cause you know if gods did not get instant "I Win Buttons" they would have a CR of around 30 for the lower level ones.

Yeah. I think the lower level ones were around CR 20 - 25. Not sure, though.

Garl Glittergold was like CR 27 though. What the hell.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 11:08:38 pm »

CR?

Anyways, this Asmodeus pratically qualifies as a god and the OP does not want gods or godlike characters (which Asmodeus IS) in this.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »

I thought this was going to be a debate about who would beat who in a fight, not who is more min-maxed?

Pre-Post EDIT: This is all about Asmodeus? Even I could have told you that guys' a no-go.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 11:10:15 pm »

Cause you know if gods did not get instant "I Win Buttons" they would have a CR of around 30 for the lower level ones.

Are you thinking of the Avatars of the gods? Although I do not put it past WotC to put out contradictory info that makes any non home brewed god really weak.

Also I may have got my maths wrong (Although I think that would up their CR...)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 11:10:51 pm »

Asmodeus would be utterly crushed by Bahamut. With more than twice the HP and AC, not to mention far superior saves, Bahamut with could simply crush Asmodeus as he fled in terror. (NOTE: Literally. Bahamut projects a Fear Aura that Asmodeus's Fortitude bonus can't meet the DC of.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »

Oh shit. Well, I was using Deities and Demigods, where Bahamut is a lesser deity.

Are you thinking of the Avatars of the gods? Although I do not put it past WotC to put out contradictory info that makes any non home brewed god really weak.

Also I may have got my maths wrong (Although I think that would up their CR...)

No, the actual gods, I'm pretty sure. The avatars were much lower level/CR. Unless I'm thinking about the Elder Evils.

I thought this was going to be a debate about who would beat who in a fight, not who is more min-maxed?

Pre-Post EDIT: This is all about Asmodeus? Even I could have told you that guys' a no-go.

Technically, "who is more min-maxed" between two equal level characters would probably win in a fight.

Asmodeus fits the size limit, but not the "must not be a god" limit.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 11:13:55 pm »

Asmodeus would be utterly crushed by Bahamut. With more than twice the HP and AC, not to mention far superior saves, Bahamut with could simply crush Asmodeus as he fled in terror. (NOTE: Literally. Bahamut projects a Fear Aura that Asmodeus's Fortitude bonus can't meet the DC of.)

Although I do not doubt that in a fight Bahamut would win, you may wish to not compare two guys from different additions.

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:26 pm »

Quote from: discussion
Asmodeus

Rejected:  Too powerful, too hard to harm, Wish is HAX. 

If in doubt, assume that any major ability to warp reality is overpowered.   

Also, D&D is too limited to adequately represent a wide variety of fictional characters such as this.  (Without custom rules/classes) 
There will be no arbitrary level cap.  Instead, there will be arbitrary decisions by an unchecked judge.  :colbert:
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2010, 11:15:00 pm »

A quick skim though the list and the only chars who looks like they can be over even level five are Colonel Roy Mustang and Terra Branford.
well, after removing the one I know nothing about:
# Sollux Captor- powerful telekinetic that could slice most DnD characters in half with a thought
# Luke Skywalker (As he appeared in the movies)- well... yeah, as awesome as he is, luke isn't that strong
# Jonathan Gabriel- meh, he's doomed
# Canis wolfborn- from 40k. therefore: powerful
# Snikrot, leader of the Red Skull kommando.- see above
# Dr. Clef- kills nigh-unstoppable beasts on a regular basis.
# PS- has killed a  god. That is all.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2010, 11:17:28 pm »

I wouldn't call Gabe doomed quite yet. He's killed a giant monster with his cardboard tube (as Gabe, not as the CTS), so he could probably take Luke at least. Maybe not RotJ Luke, though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »

How is wish HAX? It can not really do anything that impressive.

well, after removing the one I know nothing about

Maybe ps is above level 5... maybe. Power in DnD is (suppose to be) exponential.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2010, 11:18:44 pm »

I wouldn't call Gabe doomed quite yet. He's killed a giant monster with his cardboard tube (as Gabe, not as the CTS), so he could probably take Luke at least. Maybe not RotJ Luke, though.

I'd vote for Gabe if he went up against Luke. Luke may have the Force but Gabe has sheer nerd rage on his side. That, and he probably knows every one of Luke's moves, being such a Star Wars nerd.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2010, 11:19:09 pm »

Derp, here's a 3.5 Asmodeus.

Also, in all the sources I've found, he is a blackguard (fallen paladin) or similar prestige class. They do not get Wish.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2010, 11:20:39 pm »

*Ahem* I said JEDI Luke, not farmboy-jedi-apprentice-Luke. Since the others are pretty powerful, how about we include some of his abilities from the books.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »

No he gets wish because when it comes to gods WotC do not follow their own rules( 20 levels of cleric do not hurt). See 3.5 Dragon god Vs 3.5 Gnome god... Yah...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66