Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57576 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: Actual combat edition [ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS]
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:06 pm »

That's a bit narrow. Gilgamesh, King of Uruk, is clearly far above tenth level.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:10 pm »

Let put all char on a power scale useing DnD levels and than ban any that are above... say five or so, ten at the most.

What we have in place works well enough. Your methods would remove pretty much every character ever.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:40 pm »

Here be Gilgamesh's Epic.
Are we allowed more than one submission? If so, here is Asmodeus, Lord of Baator. (D&D's version of 'hell'.) According to the article linked, he is 13 feet tall and thus fits.
Asmodeus can cast Wish, I believe. That makes him a god. Not to mention his ridiculous damage reduction. Would he be a fair entry?
Actually, no. Godhood requires Wishes from at least two beings, and I highly doubt anyone would join him in wishing him to be a God. Considering that he was wounded by the fall to Baator, I assume he can be harmed by other means.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:44 pm »

Let put all char on a power scale useing DnD levels and than ban any that are above... say five or so, ten at the most.
That's just boringly low. We would have to pick nothing but skilled, yet ordinary, humans.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2010, 10:57:30 pm »

40 would be a good cutoff level.  ;)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2010, 10:57:50 pm »

Are we allowed more than one submission? If so, here is Asmodeus, Lord of Baator. (D&D's version of 'hell'.) According to the article linked, he is 13 feet tall and thus fits.
Asmodeus can cast Wish, I believe. That makes him a god. Not to mention his ridiculous damage reduction. Would he be a fair entry?
Actually, no. Godhood requires Wishes from at least two beings, and I highly doubt anyone would join him in wishing him to be a God. Considering that he was wounded by the fall to Baator, I assume he can be harmed by other means.

Theres also the fact that his blood which falls on the ground, spawns pit feinds, so, any fight against him would pretty quickly become one-sided as he would have allies. Unless that only applies to his home plane or something.

@Barbarossa, not everybody would understand how the DnD power levels work.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2010, 10:58:10 pm »

True, the remember the Pact Primeval? Asmodeus basically blackmailed the gods into giving him souls as food, but trickily.

Asmodeus is a background chessmaster, but he's still by far the most powerful of the 9. I'm pretty sure he could hand Bahamut his ass in a straight-up fight, for example. Wouldn't being able to wipe the floor with a deity technically count as godlike?

That's just boringly low. We would have to pick nothing but skilled, yet ordinary, humans.

I dunno, tenth level wizards and sorcerers are terrifying already, especially to ordinary humans.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2010, 11:00:27 pm »

The system in place works. Remember: Executive Meddling is VERY rarely a good thing.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 11:01:06 pm »

True, the remember the Pact Primeval? Asmodeus basically blackmailed the gods into giving him souls as food, but trickily.

Asmodeus is a background chessmaster, but he's still by far the most powerful of the 9. I'm pretty sure he could hand Bahamut his ass in a straight-up fight, for example. Wouldn't being able to wipe the floor with a deity technically count as godlike?

No, I don't remember, I don't even know about it. I only know a little bit about DnD, and I'm going off of what was said on the wiki page for him.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:24 pm »

What we have in place works well enough. Your methods would remove pretty much every character ever.

A quick skim though the list and the only chars who looks like they can be over even level five are Colonel Roy Mustang and Terra Branford.

Is that a smack at me or Barbarossa?

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:47 pm »

That's a bit narrow. Gilgamesh, King of Uruk, is clearly far above tenth level.
Not really.  You could make him pretty well at tenth.  Assuming low optimization, of course.

No, it's that everyone was a collective idiot for several thousand years except for him.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2010, 11:04:19 pm »

Yes, the gods were idiots.

No, I don't remember, I don't even know about it. I only know a little bit about DnD, and I'm going off of what was said on the wiki page for him.

Essentially, the reason Lawful Evil souls go to Baator is because Asmodeus persuaded the gods that they needed terrible punishment when he was still an angel. He's a devil now. Baator uses souls as currency and power.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2010, 11:05:32 pm »

Cause you know if gods did not get instant "I Win Buttons" they would have a CR of around 30 for the lower level ones.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2010, 11:05:39 pm »

A quick skim though the list and the only chars who looks like they can be over even level five are Colonel Roy Mustang and Terra Branford.

The fact that your rule is more or less specifically aimed at my character makes this feel more like a personal attack than a real suggestion. And even if it is it's restrictive to a stupidly high degree.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

Suffice to say that 40th level cannot be attained easily. In fact, it is the 'max' level covered in any rulebook. A 40th level character could begin and end worlds with a spell, and flatten gods.

I'll do some research to see how Asmodeus would fare against Bahamut.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66