Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57657 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2010, 03:35:51 pm »

You're talking about Orks like they're flimsy balloons ready to pop. Do you not remember that these guys regularly receive blows from armor piercing exploding machine guns and keep going? The chainsaw swords? The power weapons?
Exploding bullets, power weapons, and chainswords are mere bludgeoning (in the case of explosions) and slashing weapons. A piercing weapon would be more effective at piercing the skin. Asides from that, the ability to keep going doesn't necessarily dictate the strength of an injury. As I said before, it doesn't matter if you don't feel pain if you're bleeding out.

You say that like Orks are unable to cauterize or clot their wounds. Space Marines do that in mere seconds. I imagine an Ork wound wouldn't be bleeding for more than ten to twenty seconds. And I don't know what strange land you come from, but a slashing wound is far more likely to cause far more bleeding than a stab in the gut. And Power Swords are capable of piercing, depending on the design. Really now, you're trying to tell me that a chainsaw is less effective than a bronze spear on flesh. That's just not true.

And another thing about explosions: They're explosions. Ajax took swords and spears like they were nothing, but when you start bringing rocket propelled grenades into the equation he's goop.
You say that like Orks have built in flamethrowers to burn their wounds shut on command. I didn't say that a slashing weapon would cause less bleeding, I said it would cause a deeper wound, which would be harder to heal, and would more likely penetrate muscle. Rocket Propelled Grenades are moot though, because neither side has them.

Also, I think there was a ruling earlier about technologies meeting halfway. So it's possible that Ajax could be wielding a Chainsword and Power Lance instead of a bronze Xothos and Greatspear.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 21, 2010, 04:21:02 pm »

I brought up the grenades to give you an idea of the kind of insane things Orks can survive. Remember, these guys love to fight. Even if you inflict a fatal wound that's no guarantee it's going to stop him.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2010, 04:27:09 pm »

Even if you inflict a fatal wound that's no guarantee it's going to stop him.
Now I'm confused. They can fight after a wound that causes death?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2010, 04:41:53 pm »

I believe he means a fatal wound for a human. An ork wouldn't die from simply having an organ or two pierced, not for a while at least.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2010, 04:54:49 pm »

Even the lowest Shoota Orks can sustain pretty immense punishment. Snikrot is an Ork Kommando Boss, who survived fifty years on a hostile planet armed only with a pair of swords. Orks get bigger and stronger and tougher as they age, meaning Snikrot could well be up to boulder throwing levels.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2010, 05:57:14 pm »

Snikrot is an Ork Kommando Boss, who survived fifty years on a hostile planet armed only with a pair of swords.
And a a gang of Kommandos to help him do it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2010, 06:33:39 pm »

Considering the Might is Right mentality of Ork hierarchy, having other Kommandos around him is just a formality

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2010, 06:34:19 pm »

Snikrot is an Ork Kommando Boss, who survived fifty years on a hostile planet armed only with a pair of swords.

A gang of Kommandos also armed only with swords or similar.

Against Imperial Guardsmen with tanks and autocannons.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2010, 06:39:14 pm »

A gang of Kommandos also armed only with swords or similar.

Against Imperial Guardsmen with tanks and autocannons.
And Space Marines, with rapid fire minture armor piercing explosive rocket gun and chainswords.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2010, 06:44:12 pm »

I would expect orks to clot their ooze pretty quickly, although, bear in mind, that the orks are supposed to be the ultimate weapon with the WHAAAAAGH!. Optimising them for that would leave them being a touch impractical without it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 21, 2010, 07:37:13 pm »

Does anyone want me to make the decision now, or would you rather keep arguing?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2010, 08:07:53 pm »

Lets take a vote for it. If you want the argument to end, just post "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2010, 08:54:15 pm »

We could keep arguing forever, just do whatever you feel like...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 21, 2010, 09:08:24 pm »

No no, Luke. It's five A's, then add one A for every extra 100 Orks present beyond the first 1,000. So in this case, it's just "WAAAAAGH!"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 21, 2010, 09:14:31 pm »

WAAAAAGH!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 66