Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57694 times)

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #615 on: August 12, 2010, 03:09:49 pm »

I've just never watched Bleach. No elitism on my part.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 12, 2010, 03:42:11 pm »

I've just never watched Bleach. No elitism on my part.

Ah... buh... wha...

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 12, 2010, 03:50:36 pm »

I don't want to see this thread die, so I'm taking it over (partially). If anyone objects to me doing it, I'll stand down. Of course, I will want someone else to adjudicate on the matches involving Ajax, since I suggested him.

With the current round, I'm going to declare Tex the winner. Details on Dr.Clef are too few and far between for me to be able to see him winning.

NEXT ROUND: Isaac from the Golden Sun series VS Jonathan Gabriel

Guts
                   +----+
Ajax --------------+    |
                        +----+
Sollux Captor           |    |
                   +----+    |
Snikrot -----------+         |
                             +----+
Roy Mustang -------+         |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Problem Sleuth          |    |    |
                        +----+    |
Isaac -------------+    |         |
                   +----+         |
Jonathan Gabriel --+              |
                                  +--Winner
Don Kanonji                       |
                   +----+         |
Sam Vimes ---------+    |         |
                        +----+    |
Luke Skywalker ----+    |    |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Canis Wolfborn ----+         |    |
                             +----+
Terra Branford ----+         |
                   +----+    |
Gilgamesh               |    |
                        +----+
Tex ---------------+    |
                   +----+
Dr. Clef

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 12, 2010, 05:00:36 pm »

I have no problem with this.

Ya know that thing on so many cartoons, where a kid is stopped from fighting by the adult just putting their palm on the kids forehead? Issac will do that to gabe. Then impale him on a giant stone sword.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 12, 2010, 05:06:44 pm »

Isaac is actually younger than Gabe. Your suggestion would be reversed. And I STILL say that the Cardboard Tube Samurai is better suited to this.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 12, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »

Isaac is actually younger than Gabe. Your suggestion would be reversed. And I STILL say that the Cardboard Tube Samurai is better suited to this.
I didn't mean physically, they're pretty much the same size. Isacc's weakest power is a hand of force he can push things around with.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 12, 2010, 05:30:59 pm »

I didn't mean physically, they're pretty much the same size. Isacc's weakest power is a hand of force he can push things around with.

I dunno, Gabe is willing to kill with every blow. Isaac's gonna be all like, oh a fellow human, I'd better take caution not to crush him *OH GOD MY FACE*.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 12, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »

Bah. Isaac never kills a single human in the games. That doesn't stop him from impaling them on giant stone swords. People are only saved by the power of plot.

Cardboard Tube Samurai might stand a chance, but normal Gabe is doomed.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 12, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »

You see, the fact that a human being can survive Ragnarok and Great Gaia certainly seems to imply that Isaac's powers are less than lethal.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 12, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »

You know, Gabe does seem capable of inhuman strength. If we were to assume he'd bring a weapon for a REAL fight, particularly a hammer, then it would be far more even.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2010, 06:10:39 pm »

You see, the fact that a human being can survive Ragnarok and Great Gaia certainly seems to imply that Isaac's powers are less than lethal.
Not really. Ordinary guards are handwaved as "you were going easy on them" and Satoros and Menardi(probably spelled wrong...) only survive their defeat because they were only killed in dragon form.
/
One major question for this fight: Should Isaac have any Djinn? And if so, how many/can he summon with them?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2010, 07:21:59 pm »

Any number. Since his biggest summon (Judgment; Charon doesn't count) deals percentage-based damage, he won't be able to take Gabe out with even one of those. Using the Djinn means that he can't use Odyssey and is stuck with the weaker Ragnarok, and Gabe's ridiculous rage fueled strength means fatality if he closes.

Remember, we've never seen Gabe take more than one hit to kill something.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 12, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »

Any number. Since his biggest summon (Judgment; Charon doesn't count) deals percentage-based damage, he won't be able to take Gabe out with even one of those. Using the Djinn means that he can't use Odyssey and is stuck with the weaker Ragnarok, and Gabe's ridiculous rage fueled strength means fatality if he closes.
Actually Iris is the biggest, but it wouldn't count for the same reason Charon doesn't. Too overpowered due to being post-endgame.(I've never managed to earn it, but it's apparently 9999 damage and heals/revives your whole team to full) Anyway, there are plenty of non-percentage based summons, and odyssey isn't his best attack, especially not if turned into a ronin.

My argument remains that even the weakest synergy could keep Gabe out of melee range, so he wouldn't stand a chance. Not to mention, no RPG character goes without instant-death blocking equipment. And getting sliced in half rarely seems to do much more than any other attack.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 12, 2010, 07:50:21 pm »

Actually, Golden Sun doesn't have any anti-insta-death equipment (which is the reason insta-deathers like Menardi, Karst, and Dullahan were so damn nasty). The only thing that keeps Isaac up and running is frequent healing or revival, and he has to rely on Mia, for example, or his own healing powers to keep that up. Having to constantly Potent Cure from the brink of death - even assuming Gabe doesn't kill him with the first shot - will drain his PP to the point that his big spells like Grand Gaia and Ragnarok no longer function, especially as he has no way of restoring PP without any of the other adepts.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 12, 2010, 07:56:02 pm »

Actually, Golden Sun doesn't have any anti-insta-death equipment
Really? Huh, I was sure there was some... oh well.

I'd say this fight will probably be over fast. Gabe is probably stronger than Isaac, but isn't nearly as tough. One or two hits will take down either one.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66