Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57714 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #555 on: August 04, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »

What are you talking about? People die from single gunshots all the time in that show, and all of them are wearing the same kind of armor.
I kind of tried explaining that before but no one heard.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #556 on: August 04, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »

Alright, I've got it.

Clef's gonna win this one, no matter what.

Ready?

Clef hides, then authoritively states that Tex, and her advanced AI, is SCP-048.

Terrible things happen to SCP-048. Of course, terrible things also happen to researchers assigned to SCP-048 as well. Which is why Clef will immediately draft Tex, give her an honorary doctorate, and assign her to herself.

Checkmate.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 04, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »

To be fair, Red Vs Blue is a comedy series, and in a war comedy either someone dies in one shot or hilariously over killed

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 04, 2010, 11:10:19 pm »

Well, by the rules of a war comedy universe, Tex will die in as hilarious and specific a way as possible. Or Dr. Clef. It could swing both ways.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 05, 2010, 02:40:39 am »

Alright, I've got it.

Clef's gonna win this one, no matter what.

Ready?

Clef hides, then authoritively states that Tex, and her advanced AI, is SCP-048.

Terrible things happen to SCP-048. Of course, terrible things also happen to researchers assigned to SCP-048 as well. Which is why Clef will immediately draft Tex, give her an honorary doctorate, and assign her to herself.

Checkmate.

indeed
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 05, 2010, 09:43:21 am »

Oh my GOD, it has been torture reading this thread while I was muted! You blokes are all crazy, every one of you! Give me a minute to collect my thoughts and I'll explain in detail why the very notion of Tex losing is outrageous!

Tex is a soldier. Not just a soldier, a super-soldier. She is the only cast member on the show capable of standing up to the Spartans whose armor they use. If memory serves, she has lifted and thrown massive crates great distances, and is capable of moving a tank with her bare hands. Even without her super-strength, she has proven capable of annihilating the combined forces of the Red and Blue noob teams single-handedly, which before was only done by a team-up from Sarge and a very rage-fueled Caboose, who is even stronger than Tex apparently. And when Tex managed to beat the shit out of the entire Red team and most of the Blues, including the semi-competent Sarge and Tucker (who happened to be wielding a one-hit kill weapon)

This is partially without her more recent upgrades. Being an AI, she is resistant to any mind games Clef can use, not to mention immune to many conventional weapons. Her new armor has yet to be seen in action, but being the CQB model it can be assumed this would enhance her astounding close combat abilities. Really, Clef may or may not have the advantage at range, but that's assuming Tex lets him keep it at range.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:58:36 am by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #561 on: August 05, 2010, 10:09:46 am »

I fail to see how any of that would allow her to survive the arcane and mystical forces that have cursed SCP-048.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:36 am »

You can't just identify something with a word. You need to fill out a bit of paperwork, and I doubt Clef will carry a pen and the necessary forms to the battlefield. Even if he did, Tex would just smash his head in while he wrote. And as a last resort, if Clef did label her SCP-048, she'd just hug him and explode. Tie.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:18 pm »

This is partially without her more recent upgrades. Being an AI, she is resistant to any mind games Clef can use

Logic. Bomb.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:47 pm »

This is partially without her more recent upgrades. Being an AI, she is resistant to any mind games Clef can use

Logic. Bomb.
Logic bombs don't work on sentient AIs

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 05, 2010, 08:14:46 pm »

I meant that he should bomb her goddamn logic. With a bomb.

I've actually never seen Clef display the level of trickery it would take to pull an actual infinite loop in an AI. I think the closest thing I've seen is in one of the joke entries, where Dr. Bright attempts to disprove 343 to himself by asking him to create a rock that is too heavy for him to lift. The resulting rock breaks physical laws.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 05, 2010, 08:17:13 pm »

Isn't there some sort of SCP computer virus that causes the hardware to explode?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 05, 2010, 08:23:22 pm »

Doesn't that require Tex to be an SCP? Which she, you know, isn't? Honestly, that whole damn site is confusing to me. Could somebody explain the premise behind it?

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 05, 2010, 08:40:00 pm »

No, I mean the computer virus itself is a scp, and it actually causes computers to explode.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 05, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »

Tex isn't a computer, though. She's as much a computer as your copy of Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66