Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57736 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2010, 12:50:39 pm »

Dr. Clef is terror. Every day, he works with multiple Cuthul-level demi-gods and their various artifacts. He is a legend.

He is naturally quite insane, but it is that special kind of insanity that comes from halucinating that one is sane. He is unpredictable and violent, but at the same time, he's able to make outthink gods and outfight superhuman killing machines.

Tex, being an AI-controlled super-soldier, is right in Dr. Clef's specialties. Clef will destroy Tex, then lock up the armor as a new SCP.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2010, 01:52:46 pm »

Clef. The simple fact that he is still ALIVE is a testament to his skill. And he is insane enough to be totally unpredictable.

Also, his head cannot be photographed. Not sure if that has any bearing on this, but it's odd enough to mention...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2010, 02:54:59 pm »

Dr. Clef. He is a goddamn 1 man intergalactic army, and even more full of terror if he is complimented by Kondraki or Dmitri or something.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2010, 05:55:57 pm »

Clef does not appear to carry any weapons or SCPs as general practice. Possibly Tex would not be able to properly identify Clef's head, which could make shooting it difficult, but looking at it, it seems to be a charismatic and lethal individual versus a soldier. Given that it is a fight to the death, about 95% of the advantage of charisma is ineffective. Tex knows that this is a fight to the death and won't stop to talk. In the absence of SCPs and weapons I can't see a way for Clef to get within striking range of Tex. I dunno, maybe if there were opportunities to hide and build traps, but the ground of the battlefield is indeterminate and probably impervious. There is mention of cover but no obfuscation, so presumably they know where each other are. Just no way around it, Tex is too disciplined, Clef has no mechanism by which to win this...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2010, 06:41:24 pm »

Clef is probably a better marksman than Tex, given the massive amount of field experience he has. And as for not usually having any SCPs, that was the purpose behind giving the combatants 3 days to prepare. He would most likely bring at least one of the gun-like SCPs.

Besides, it's Clef's JOB to take down things much worse than some mere soldier.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 02, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »

Let's see...
He killed 100 Reality Benders, 99 during his work with the GOC...
Killed 3 Chechens and a bunch of GOC members...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 02, 2010, 08:01:16 pm »

Their equipment is quite specifically only what they usually carry. Preparation isn't 'loot the Foundation for whatever you need to give yourself some form of invulnerability' but rather 'Shine up your armour and roll the 1s out of your dice'... *sighs* I specifically asked for his gear in advance so that we could avoid this. There is nobody here to take advantage of, I didn't find any evidence of Clef 'usually' carrying anything useful, though I am happy to admit that I haven't checked exhaustively, and the terrain is unresponsive. Clef, quite simply, has nothing to work with...

I suppose someone should go on an archive binge and see if there are any emotional triggers that Tex responds to, it is what Clef would have done with all the competitors. For Tex's part she will have seen enough of Clef''s profile to not give him any chances. She sees him, she shoots him, he goes down, she shoots him again and then shoots behind herself, shoots the scenery, generally shoots stuff and dodges until the round ends...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 02, 2010, 08:15:40 pm »

Jesus christ, Clef doesn't carry goddamn equipment all the time because a lot of time he is researching. When he is actually terminating something he prepares a shitload, and I'm pretty sure the Foundation will give him what he needs, due to his really high security clearance.

And his personnel profile doesn't really give much light on how to fight him and his skills. Tex is just a an AI-Driven soldier that shoots stuff. Well actually it is kind of different when Omega ain't controlling her, she's a mercenary that could cloak and has reasonably fine aim, and gets angry about half the time. Without a gun she's pretty much useless. Clef can shoot reasonably well, prepares reasonably well, and beats up people reasonably well.

EDIT: Woah I remembered what Clef can do with Telekill.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:31:38 pm by Phantom »

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 02, 2010, 08:34:30 pm »

Given his batman-like levels of preparation, victory should go to Chowderclef.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2010, 08:38:44 pm »

I have no idea how he was able to make enough Telekill weapons in a short amount of time before going to Site 17. Jesus he is strange. Wait what the hell he can regrow his retinas?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:42:36 pm by Phantom »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 02, 2010, 08:46:45 pm »

Ahem, Phantom, Tex is more like Masterchief than Clef is, join the Dark Side!
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 02, 2010, 08:47:59 pm »

Um, Master Chief?
Ew.

I kind of like the Genre Savvy Doctor more than the Female Super-Soldier from that Machinama. At least he has a little heart, just enough to save some guy like Dr. Gerald.

EDIT: Let's see, killed quite a few Foundation personnel during that raid, survived getting part of his face burned off, incapacitated 336 and terminated 547 during the assault, killed a Kondraki clone, jesus christ what is wrong with that man...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:55:54 pm by Phantom »

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 02, 2010, 11:32:22 pm »

I have no idea how he was able to make enough Telekill weapons in a short amount of time before going to Site 17. Jesus he is strange. Wait what the hell he can regrow his retinas?
The Foundation has an excellent medical plan. 

With dental.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 03, 2010, 10:13:08 am »

Upon reviewing the available data, I have concluded that Clef largely falls within the bounds of a human male, and will therefore forfeit rather than risk an engagement...

On a more serious note, unlimited access to SCPs is beyond the limits of this contest, the limited scope is standard armament, which in Clef's case, is apparently nothing. Tex is a mercenary and typically carries an automatic rifle, pistol, and probably sniper rifle. Clef might have a pistol if he is lucky, against probable sentient body-armour and probable cyborg, that won't do much. "occasional cover" is not conducive to hiding and sneaking up on people. It is a sparse assortment of rocks large enough to hide behind. The options for Clef to infiltrate into effective range are negligable, Tex has been provided with sufficient data to know that Clef is exceedingly Lethal and manipulative, she will identify him and fail to provide him with an opportunity to talk his way into a favourable position. You brought a bamboo pipe, some diamonds, and gunpoweder, spread out across an alien environment, to a gunfight. Yes, Clef is dangerous, but has no opportunity here...
Read the First Post!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #539 on: August 03, 2010, 11:41:26 am »

However, Clef does not rely on opprotunities, he makes them.

I think it's only fair to say that he will at least take one or two small, portable SCP items with him when he prepares for something, so if he's going to be provided with a chance to prepare, then he should have them. Assuming one generic portable SCP item, he will certainly win, but I will conceed if the OP deigns that he does not have one.

Even with something as mundane as a handgun, I wouldn't put it past him to figure out a way to survive- but he almost certainly wouldn't use it in a straightforward way. He would presumably take the weapon apart, use the components to make a set of timed traps, and use them as distractions to sneak up on Tex, tear her helmet off*, and then... well, it's hard to know for sure with Clef, but a rock is most likely in Tex's future.

And that's the thing with Clef, the ultimate reason why he'll win; he's a completely unconventional fighter and a survivor. Tex is merely a very skilled and powerful soldier, but one that will, at least initially, expect a normal confrontation.

*For all that he never takes it off, the Master Chief's helmet isn't attached very well- it's been blown off by accident at least once, and other times he's been able to slip it off and on like a greased trilby. Clef should have no trouble removing a similar helmet, even in combat.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66