Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57770 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND FOUR: DON KANONJI VS SAM VIMES]
« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2010, 04:14:49 pm »

Sam Vimes. He's just too badass to lose.

These and Ochita's reasons are of no use and are little better than votes. I'm still researching the characters, though it seems to me that it's about even. Each can kill the other in a single hit, it just comes down to who will make first contact.
Agreed, but after looking through their pages, Vimes wins. Don is a star, killing his foes with as much style as possible... which means he would be dead in an instant as Vimes starts the fight by just shooting him while he tries to make some big flashy entrance.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 27, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »

True. However, after reading Don's page he does get better over time. I don't get where the "never killed" thing comes from, as he is described as killing or orchestrating the deaths of dozens of Hollows. Weird. We also have to decide whether or not Don would be killed by the first shot. While flashy, I doubt he's stupid.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 27, 2010, 05:40:34 pm »

I'd also have to point out that Vimes, though totaly capable of it, does not kill.

ever.

cus once you start killing people for the right reasons, it's all too easy too kill them for the wrong reasons.

he would, however, be able to come up with any number of reasons to arrest the anime guy.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 27, 2010, 05:42:46 pm »

Disturbing the peace (Of mind?)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 27, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »

Maybe if a character doesn't kill like Vimes or Batman, we make the rule that if they can knock out their opponent and leave the battlefield with the opponent in tow, they win. It's harder, but not killing is a harder path to take, so it fits.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 27, 2010, 05:53:03 pm »

Sam Vimes.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2010, 06:01:27 pm »

Sam Vimes.
The votes! They do nothing!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2010, 06:03:39 pm »

Well lets consider that Vimes could lt his inner watchman out. I wonder what would happen...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2010, 06:39:08 pm »

I'd also have to point out that Vimes, though totaly capable of it, does not kill.

ever.

cus once you start killing people for the right reasons, it's all too easy too kill them for the wrong reasons.

he would, however, be able to come up with any number of reasons to arrest the anime guy.

Fair enough, fair enough.

I was assuming that he had no choice; I agree that he would exaust all other options first.

In point of fact, I suspect that Vimes would ignore this frilly wizard and go to the real criminal- the guy organizing the fights.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 27, 2010, 07:40:03 pm »

I know precisely Dick about this Don anime guy.

But I know Sam Vimes.

Strengths:
- Has fought bloodthirsty werewolves with naught but his barehands. Lots of them. Sure, he ran and hid and sneaked about a whole bunch, but that just leads into-
- Does not play fair. Ever. He has precisely one rule in combat, and it's that he does not kill. Himself. He may find himself distracted at a critical momement and unable to deflect a killing blow from a source he himself did not personally deliver, however.
- He carries within him an alternate, dark personality that relishes in bloodshed and carnage. The Beast is kept caged by-
- The Watchman, a Vimes-Within-A-Vimes. The Watchman ensures that Vimes takes no action that would make him a monster. This makes him completely resistant to mind control effects, as the Watchman simply unleashes the Beast it anything attempting to do so.
- At 5pm, every night, Sam Vimes reads "Is That My Cow?" To Sam jr. Sam Vimes will ignore any injury, defeat any foe, and force himself through any Hell in order to come home and complete this task. On the one occasion he was unable to be there in person, he yelled the words out loud enough to be heard from several miles away. Sam jr heard the story.
- Incredibly creative when looking for a reason to charge someone with a crime. This also aids him in giving himself excuses in order to do anything he would normally not be allowed to do.

Weaknesses:
- He will not kill an opponent, no matter what they have done. Therefore, any enemy he defeats will have to be rendered unconscious, convinced to give up, or be otherwise incapable of preventing Sam from taking them into custody.
- Though he posseses an incredible strength of will, body, and stamina, he is still a mortal human being, and susceptable to physical damage.

That should be enough of an argument. :D

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 27, 2010, 07:41:55 pm »

Lets remember that he knows about improvised weaponry.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 27, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »

I believe that falls directly under the category of "does not play fair".

But I applaud your point.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 27, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »

In addition, is completely unable to be assassinated.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:06 pm »

for a while, he had the record for the highest price of anybody in the city if you wanted him assassinated, until he got put onto the list of people that the assassin's guild just won't even consider.

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »

Maybe if a character doesn't kill like Vimes or Batman, we make the rule that if they can knock out their opponent and leave the battlefield with the opponent in tow, they win. It's harder, but not killing is a harder path to take, so it fits.
That works.  LET IT BE SO! 
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 66