Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57790 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND THREE: ROY MUSTANG VS PROBLEM SLEUTH]
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2010, 08:04:05 pm »

Are you any good with a sniper rifle? Pistol?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2010, 08:05:17 pm »

It's earth TO THEM. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

So is PS imaginary realm.

That's why I specified "within their own worlds". Seriously. Get that, it's simple.

PS's imaginary realm is within his own world.

Here's a thought: Your guy is already DRACULA WITH THE POWER OF AN ATOM BOMB CONTAINED IN A SCYTHE. YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE THIS A FAIR FIGHT.

And by your exceptions you want to make him a guy with a revolver.

Didn't I agree at some point to stop talking and wait for the judgment? When did you start up the insult-flinging again?

What? How is that name calling? Also I think we are doing quite a bit better than we would be if we had not chilled out.

Let me lay out my idea for the neutral ground IN EXPLICIT DETAIL so that you can't make any of these damn confusing questions:

Okay I read it and only have two complaints.

If you need special conditions to unlock it, such as Problem Sleuth's imaginary powers

He needs no 'special conditions' to do those things.

summons for Final Fantasy characters

That does not seem fair, what if they are a summoner and that is all they can do?

What? Does that have to do with
...Okay. Go on go. Go try to do alchemy like they do in the show. Go I said.

Is it working?

Because there is quite a bit of difference there.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »

What?
I was talking to CJ.
He said his friends compare him to Church.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2010, 08:07:53 pm »

That's not what I meant, but no I suck with guns. Now then, editing to respond to Criptfiend.

It's earth TO THEM. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

So is PS imaginary realm.
No, it's his imaginary realm. Hence the term imaginary. I suppose I get your point, but still.

That's why I specified "within their own worlds". Seriously. Get that, it's simple.

PS's imaginary realm is within his own world.
I'd say it's more parallel to his world. He wasn't born in the imaginary world, and his powers don't cross over from real to imaginary (or rather, vice-versa).

Here's a thought: Your guy is already DRACULA WITH THE POWER OF AN ATOM BOMB CONTAINED IN A SCYTHE. YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE THIS A FAIR FIGHT.

And by your exceptions you want to make him a guy with a revolver.
No, I want to make this a fight, not a "Deus Ex Machina vs. Mustang". Do you seriously not think that's enough?

Didn't I agree at some point to stop talking and wait for the judgment? When did you start up the insult-flinging again?

What? How is that name calling? Also I think we are doing quite a bit better than we would be if we had not chilled out.
Meh

Let me lay out my idea for the neutral ground IN EXPLICIT DETAIL so that you can't make any of these damn confusing questions:

Okay I read it and only have two complaints.

If you need special conditions to unlock it, such as Problem Sleuth's imaginary powers

He needs no 'special conditions' to do those things.
Being in another world is a special condition in my book.

That does not seem fair, what if they are a summoner and that is all they can do?
...Sucks to be them? Allies are allies, this is a one-on-one fight. Maybe I'd make an exception, but only for people who do literally nothing but summon, with no combat ability of their own.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:13:39 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2010, 08:08:32 pm »

Ah okay then.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »

Not to mention summons in FF are pretty weak. They look impressive, but don't actually do much. Besides, the only FF character in this, Terra, would technically be disqualified by that rule... well, half of her anyway.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2010, 08:10:50 pm »

ok, guys, I'm only gonna say this once, so listen carefully:

LIGHTEN UP

seriously, both of you are taking this way to freaking seriously.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2010, 08:14:45 pm »

Not to mention summons in FF are pretty weak. They look impressive, but don't actually do much. Besides, the only FF character in this, Terra, would technically be disqualified by that rule... well, half of her anyway.

I don't know, Summoners in FFTA are not half bad. Give me a fighter over them any day but still not half bad.

LIGHTEN UP

Obviously you do not have fun arguing, I know I do and I suspect that CJ does as well.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2010, 08:15:44 pm »

ok, guys, I'm only gonna say this once, so listen carefully:

LIGHTEN UP

seriously, both of you are taking this way to freaking seriously.
We're nerds, it's what we do. That said, you two are going a bit overboard... but not too much, carry on.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2010, 08:16:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm enjoying the back-and-forth as well, especially since arguing a character's strong points is the whole point of this thraed.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2010, 08:17:28 pm »

We she doesn't really count seeing as the 'Not summon world' is her home.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2010, 08:31:18 pm »

Mustang needs to be in another world as well. Pretty much everybody does.

No, I want to make this a fight, not a "Deus Ex Machina vs. Mustang". Do you seriously not think that's enough?

Vampire and others only work in imaginary realm as well. Also it is not a Deus Ex Machina if he has a really strong attack. Truly if he is stronger he should win not have artificial constraints put on him until he can not win.

...Sucks to be them? Allies are allies, this is a one-on-one fight. Maybe I'd make an exception, but only for people who do literally nothing but summon, with no combat ability of their own.

Maybe in some cases I would agree with you but I think FF is a bad example. Their summons only come attack and then leave. If the summons stayed forever then yes it would not be fair... for them to start with any.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2010, 08:40:41 pm »

Mustang needs to be in another world as well. Pretty much everybody does.
What I meant was "a world besides the one they live in".

Vampire and others only work in imaginary realm as well. Also it is not a Deus Ex Machina if he has a really strong attack. Truly if he is stronger he should win not have artificial constraints put on him until he can not win.
True, it is an imaginary power, but like I said I don't want this to be a curbstomp. I am a PS fan, remember. Now here's the hard part for me. PS is TECHNICALLY stronger than Mustang, but the problem is a lot of his powers are hilariously contrived to the point that it's hard to tell if they're overpowered or not. I'm trying to come as close as I can to the line between "fair" and "unfair" by giving him his most useful powers for direct combat, but denying him his super-heavy hitters.

Maybe in some cases I would agree with you but I think FF is a bad example. Their summons only come attack and then leave. If the summons stayed forever then yes it would not be fair... for them to start with any.
True. But when I thought "summons" Final Fantasy was the first thing that came to mind, so I used them as an example.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2010, 08:42:15 pm »

How is this about fairness? One will die and one will live. The strongest will live.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »

Yes, but if PS is given all of his powers, he will win everything without even trying, simply because he is fueled by the power of PLOT.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 66