Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it  (Read 37342 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.4 - Zoras, ikana, dekus
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2010, 04:44:38 pm »

So now that we have night creatures, I made a quick modmod that adds proper stalchildren.
From reading the description that is, of course, exactly the implementation I planned myself (possibly along with bubbles and maybe some others), so at some point that modmod may go obsolete at some point.

Unfortunately, starting pop seems to no longer be respected
It has in fact been removed with the release of the entity populations.

Does anyone know a better way to do unique monsters?
It might be possible to use a fake night creature - try to add the spouse converter and converted spouse tokens to the same caste/casteless creature. The dark masters in Direforged do not seem to go out of the way to convert spouses, though that may be a function of the power tag instead.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.55 - Shadows over Hyrule
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »

A small release, with the most important addition being the new night creatures. I was hoping to use the discussion regarding unique creatures to create hero's shadow night creatures that don't convert and drop (at first) an adamantine longsword, but that didn't work out.

For future plans, I'm looking mostly at additional creatures and entities - perhaps wizzrobes and the thief keatons (folded with the tinsuits - perhaps renamed keafos?). I might experiment with a tool-based adventure magic system (expensive bombos medallions could grant several bombs per use) as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2011, 06:48:58 pm »

I'm in the process of making an update that has master sword guardians.  As of now it works good.  The various guardians last through 105 years of world gen pretty well (although the master sword guardian is ironically the weakest), don't convert spouses, and aren't completely unkillable (although you pretty much have to swarm them with companions).  The biggest problem is actually FINDING them in adventure mode.

I also did some work on the stalchildren from GregHayes, so that they act more like the ocarina of time stalchildren (ie, easy to kill).
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2011, 07:25:52 pm »

Did you remember to buff chickens?

Also, will this work with 31.18?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sabin Stargem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2011, 10:02:31 pm »

Hm.

Gorons:  They do eat, and prefer to eat stones that are tasty to their palette.  I forget the exact kind of stone, but I think it was named in Ocarina of Time.  Reproductive age is about 80 years according to Zeldapedia, and they do not need to breath while underwater.  Apparently they prefer green rocks, and can eat gemstones.  They can curl up in order to roll around, with some varieties producing Menacing Spikes while doing so.  Occupies mountainous regions, including Glaciers and Volcanic areas.  They use Gold Dust for some of their weapons, including the Gilded Sword.

Kokiri:  They should use Dekudeku nuts with their slingshots, which ought to have a blinding effect.  Each Kokiri traditionally comes with a Fairy companion, who most likely offers advice, be it wanted or not.  Hey! Listen!

*Come to think of it, fairies can be consumed to regenerate a fair bit of health.  Hyrule also has recuperative hearts that can be unearthed by cutting down planets...er, plants.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:10:34 pm by Sabin Stargem »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 08:50:58 am »

don't convert spouses,
I thought mine didn't, either, but it turned out they did after all. What method are you using?

Did you remember to buff chickens?

Also, will this work with 31.18?
Cuccoos should have tough skin and a powerful attack.

The raws use quite a lot of things added in 31.19 either from the stock raws or my quick additions (such as eggs). As such, they won't work with 31.18 without some work.

Hm.

Gorons:  They do eat, and prefer to eat stones that are tasty to their palette.  I forget the exact kind of stone, but I think it was named in Ocarina of Time.  Reproductive age is about 80 years according to Zeldapedia, and they do not need to breath while underwater.  Apparently they prefer green rocks, and can eat gemstones.  They can curl up in order to roll around, with some varieties producing Menacing Spikes while doing so.  Occupies mountainous regions, including Glaciers and Volcanic areas.  They use Gold Dust for some of their weapons, including the Gilded Sword.

Kokiri:  They should use Dekudeku nuts with their slingshots, which ought to have a blinding effect.  Each Kokiri traditionally comes with a Fairy companion, who most likely offers advice, be it wanted or not.  Hey! Listen!

*Come to think of it, fairies can be consumed to regenerate a fair bit of health.  Hyrule also has recuperative hearts that can be unearthed by cutting down planets...er, plants.
I guess I forgot to change the description of the gorons - they now do eat and can cook rock. The no-eating was because you can't quite control what they eat yet, as a bit of a placeholder. The spikes use magic, and that's something that isn't quite in yet. The gold dust is used by human smiths though. I don't quite remember whether it's mentioned what significance it has to the gorons themselves (spice?).

With the kokiri companions, cutting grass, and recovery hearts, that's another thing that doesn't really work in DF (yet), though I guess the fairy companion could work as an additional body part. ;) Actually, that reminds me, I've also considered adventurer reactions for breaking jugs, pots, and pumpkins for random items.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2011, 02:19:27 pm »

Quote from: Knight Otu
I thought mine didn't, either, but it turned out they did after all. What method are you using?

Make the night creature like normal, but make the converted_spouse caste genderless.  I suspect it works because there are no genderless creatures with spouse_conversion_target.

My original hope was that the creatures would convert spouses but be unable to reproduce with them.  But this works too.
Mods I've done:

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2011, 04:40:11 pm »

That's maddingly obvious. ;D Especially because one of the thoughts I had regarding a worldgen crash back when night creatures were introduced were the cause of a then-genderless caste of a conversion target.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 11:39:58 pm »

I've put up version three of my modmod

The DFFD page has details, but the cliff's notes version is as follows:

v3: For DF .21. Further reactions added to differentiate between hyrule civs in fortress mode. Master Sword guardians have been added to adventure mode. Night creatures tweaked from Knight Otu's version to make them more easily killable, much like the stalchildren from OoT.

To install:
1)install Knight Otu's Zelda mod
2)extract this mod into the raw/objects folder, overwriting existing files when prompted.

Mods I've done:

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 11:50:28 pm »

So will Zoras actually go into the water and do stuff there or does Dwarf Fortress still have the bug where everything in fortress mode fears water?

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2011, 12:16:45 am »

Pretty sure the bug still exists, so Zora are limited to land dwellings in fortress mode.  They can swim in adventure mode, of course.

If you manage to tick the zoras off, their sieges may swim.
Mods I've done:

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 12:46:56 am »

I figured as much. I think I remember reading that swimmers can path through water now but still won't build or hand out in it.

Dalndox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:29 am »

Sorry to pop this topic up after a month of inactivity, but I have a question/request.

I played this mod a significant amount of time ago. I had (barely) managed to convert Ikana in to a playable civ, with one small issue.

Much of the problem involved the issue with things that didn't actually have organs or things to destroy. If one of my Stalfos decided to berserk, there wasn't much I could do about it because they would not die. Is there any sort of workaround for this? Playing as Ikana was an absolute blast and it's the only thing keeping me from downloading this mod and jumping back in to DF. :(

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »

In the mod-mod stalfos/ikana should die if they take sufficient damage to the head, upper body, and lower body, making them very killable. 

In the original mod, stalfos/ikana are extremely resilient, but can still be killed by cutting off their heads, so if your military goes to town on the target with large slashing weapons they should be able to kill it.
Mods I've done:

Dalndox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2011, 01:13:38 am »

Awesome to hear.

Unfortunately, I have a strange new issue.

Things work fairly well, up until the point where suddenly 1 or more of my Ikana suddenly melt, often causing rampaging fires across the landscape. Any idea what might cause this?  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9