Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it  (Read 37314 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.55 - Shadows over Hyrule
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2011, 04:05:12 am »

I'm kind of torn between my original plan to wait for the next DF release, and the idea to update in a few days. The updates that are almost definitely in are these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Among the assorted raw tweaks are improved descriptions of some creatures, though there is more work to be done for people who don't know much about the games. Honeycombs will give three portions of honey. Mining skill gain is reduced to 1/4 for dwarves and gorons, and 1/20 for other civs (not that it means much for them) - thus reducing the amount of boulders you have to deal with. The boiled leather I think I gave stats comparable to wood.

There's still some things I might do, some cosmetic and some not. I'm considering making bombs tools that can be bought legitimately in adventure mode, but I need to do some tests there.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2011, 04:33:24 am »

U could, if u wanted to? Make a little wiki section for the mod? Or you could put the manual, explaining what each thing is, in amongst the DL?

But thanks for the reply, and I know that if you post things too often then ppl wont ask, but if you dont post at all then the thread will get lost amongst the forums of doom, time and despair haha :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2011, 04:42:27 am »

There's a readme in the raw/objects folder that contains the same info as the first post in this thread. I really should have moved that readme into the main directory for the graphics download. An improved readme is probably necessary, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2011, 04:52:14 am »

There's a readme in the raw/objects folder that contains the same info as the first post in this thread. I really should have moved that readme into the main directory for the graphics download. An improved readme is probably necessary, though.

Woops never noticed u already had a readme saying what each thing does :P

But yeah an Improved, or easier to find, readme might be better ^_^

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »

If u wish to know Knight I will be uploading a new Zelda Fortress video tonight at some point ^_^

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:45 am »

Thanks for the heads-up!

While I'm typing away on the Direforged manual, hopefully fast enough to move on to the Zelda manual, I notice that I haven't given my thoughts on what to include in the version after the next version. So, in no particular order -
Proper gleeoks - When you fight the gleeoks in the first game, you attack their heads, severing them - and then the heads continue to attack you. That should become partially possible with the next DF version through custom interactions. If the heads'll be able to fly and breathe fire still, and it works properly in world gen, bonus.
Metals of Evil's Bane - Several of the ingredients are in the mod already, and with the upcoming material strengths/weaknesses, this becomes almost mandatory to include, so that Ganondorf and cohorts are properly protected against certain metals and weak against the metals of evil's bane. Also, I'm sure cuccoos should benefit from becoming nigh-invulnerable against all materials. :p
Secrets of Dark Power - A secret to increase the power of creatures obtaining it, and granting transformation abilities into demonic creatures. Perhaps also a Biggoron secret if it is possible.
Wizzrobes - The recent DF talk makes me think that teleportation might become a reality due to the stalkers, and ghost transformations as well, both of which would fit the wizzrobes well (walking through walls, phasing out, teleporting around)... If they can do this in fortress mode, that should be Fun.
Ghosts - speaking of ghosts, if they do become moddable, the Zelda series has a slew of them - one-eyed ghinis, lantern-bearing poes, eye-likee moas, so it should be interesting what can happen there.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2011, 07:30:23 pm »

Hi Knight Otu!

I just put up another version of my mod of your mod.  I also put up a full bundle with some pre-generated worlds.

Obviously, you can fold as much or as little of it back into your mod as you want :).

It now includes a Twili civ, Shadow Beast night-creatures, as well as a bunch of enemies from Zelda II, replacing many of the creatures from vanilla DF.  It also includes an Iron Knuckle underground civ, and a body and b_detail plan for making armored humanoids with severable armor plates (body is ARMORED_HUMANOID, body detail plan is HUMANOID_ARMOR).  I may also have fixed the spontaneously-combusting Ikana undead.  It also has gibdo night creatures, but I think those debuted in v3... ???  ...er, gibdos are from Knight Otu, I just copy pasted them... AND did that in v3, so doubly not a new feature...

I also included a guide to getting started with the various races.  All the races are playable using a default embark, but several (Kokiri and Twili especially) demand that the starting wood (from the wagon) be used in a specific way.

Getting Started guide

Hyrule World-gen parameters (generates a small world with all the civs.  The idea is that, like hyrule, adventurers should be able to walk to all the civs.

I'm looking forward to your next version, as well!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:23:36 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

Man. I started a succession fort (sorry for the crossposting? still not 100% sure what Toady thinks of it, we do have some user overlap after all) that I'm working on updating right now using this mod and Genesis, but now I wish I had waited 'til D_E's latest modmod.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2011, 01:01:05 am »

Looks like the mod mod has a bug that is preventing the zora's from doing anything with wood.

Woodcutter, carpenter, and boyer are missing the first bracket.

Unless that was intentional. :P

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

It was intentional :).  They can do pretty much everything other races can do with wood using their custom workshops (Bone workshop, Shell workshop, and Horn workshop (and Pearl workshop, but I don't think you can get pearls from anything ???)).  If you do a default embark, you'll still get a starting carpenter, who can then build the custom workshops.  If you do a custom embark, you should bring along a few pieces of stone to get the ball rolling.

The zoras seem to use shell to decorate the inside of their homes, and seem to live primarily in natural stone caves. (concert hall) (zora entry, note the organic weapon)

In DF, living in caves is pretty dangerous, of course, so you'll probably end up inhabiting a bone and shell fortress on the surface.

On a related note, zoras are slower than average on land, but much faster in the water.  So in adventure mode you'll want to fight from the water whenever possible.  You may be able to figure out a way to use this in Fort mode also, but I haven't.  The DF AI thinks that water is dangerous, even if your creatures can swim innately, but you may be able to rig it so they can't flee.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:53:11 am by D_E »
Mods I've done:

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2011, 12:26:58 pm »

Man. I started a succession fort (sorry for the crossposting? still not 100% sure what Toady thinks of it, we do have some user overlap after all) that I'm working on updating right now using this mod and Genesis, but now I wish I had waited 'til D_E's latest modmod.
I'll try to follow this, of course. Just a quick warning in case you didn't pick it up from the thread (I thought I had updated this in the first post, but apparently not) - gorons do eat now, and can create food from stone in the kitchen.

It also has gibdo night creatures, but I think those debuted in v3... ???
Yeah, you multiplied the gibdos in the previous version. Not quite certain yet how I'll update them for the next version - from the recent DF talk, they'd probably act as light cyan independent undead, rather than yellow mummies, but I'll have to see how things are working. Maybe I'll put off updating them to the version after the next version.
With the potential of secrets, I might make male gerudos less supernatural, or add a less supernatural male caste in addition to the "Ganondorfs".
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2011, 03:07:24 pm »

Yeah, you multiplied the gibdos in the previous version.

:-[  Thanks, I'd forgotten where those came from...
It also has gibdo night creatures, but I think those debuted in v3... ???  ...er, gibdos are from Knight Otu, I just copy pasted them... AND did that in v3, so doubly not a new feature...

I forgot to mention before, but one thing you might want to use is the attribute mod descriptor ranges, which are now set so that the Hylians will always be described as having long ears, and the Gerudo as long noses.  Kokiri also have fairy companions with randomly selected colors.

With the potential of secrets, I might make male gerudos less supernatural, or add a less supernatural male caste in addition to the "Ganondorfs".

Yeah.  In Zelda lore the Gerudo kings are definitely special, but most of Ganondorf's powers come from the triforce rather than being innate. 

I wonder what kind of control we'll have over secrets and what they're transmitted by.  It would be neat if we could make actual triforces as secret-granting items, but probably not...
Mods I've done:

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2011, 03:46:47 pm »

I'll try to follow this, of course. Just a quick warning in case you didn't pick it up from the thread (I thought I had updated this in the first post, but apparently not) - gorons do eat now, and can create food from stone in the kitchen.

That... is awesome. I'll definitely be using stone as my primary food source in the future. Thanks for the save though, I'll edit that post there.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2011, 07:30:01 pm »

How does the sun drying clay reaction work? Says I need two fired_mat producing stones and yet I still can't do it.

Edit: wait, sun dry clay BRICKS hurpadurp. My bad.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:48:11 pm by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9