Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it  (Read 37331 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »

Yeah, I know, no problem with giving suggestions. :)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.4 - Zoras, ikana, dekus
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 10:42:42 am »

Version 0.4 is up, notably including zoras, dekus, and ikana. Since you now start in towns no matter what, zoras can safely be played without being teleported into the caverns below.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 12:34:47 am »

I've been playing this mod for the last couple of weeks, and it's really neat.

I ended up making some additions, and posted the results on DFFD as a mod of your mod (hope you don't mind  :)).

I added a Sheikah civ, spellcasting, and some other stuff centered around Adventure mode.

Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »

There's something wrong with either the mod or the patch to the mod by D_E, as the deku don't actually bring anything to trade. Just an empty window on their side. :o Since I'm using his patch I'm playing as the gorons.

Edit: While I'm here I may as well mention that fire keese are dying on embark too.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:22:23 pm by Seriyu »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 09:39:11 pm »

Weird.

I don't think I did anything that would have broken trade, but I have to admit I never played either the original mod or my patch in fortress mode (I can tell you that adventure mode works fine, though  ;)).

Looking at the Deku entity, nothing jumps out at me as being wrong. I take it the Goron traders were alright?

Edit: While I'm here I may as well mention that fire keese are dying on embark too.

I bet I can fix these.

I'll take a whack at Fortress mode, too.  I'll set all the races to playable, make sure they aren't missing any jobs, that kind of thing.

I may make a "Hyrule" civ with all the races included as castes, as well, specific to Fortress mode.  I think I can turn off childbirth by removing the CHILD tags, so such a civ wouldn't have head scratchers like a gerudo and a zora marrying and popping out a goron kid.  Your fortress would grow through immigration alone.

...Hmmm...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:42:30 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 11:51:06 pm »

I actually just got a second caravan and it's fine now.  ???

The only thing I can think that was different was that my trade goods got to the depot before theirs did, but I dunno if that would do anything.

I like the idea of all races being playable in fortress mode, though. The Hyrule civ sounds awesome too. :D

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 06:54:20 pm »

I've been playing this mod for the last couple of weeks, and it's really neat.

I ended up making some additions, and posted the results on DFFD as a mod of your mod (hope you don't mind  :)).

I added a Sheikah civ, spellcasting, and some other stuff centered around Adventure mode.
I haven't quite delved into your modmod yet, but if it is fine with you, I might at least use your bombs. You've already noted the big problem with natural skill (I prefer skill learn rate for playable civ creatures). I'm not quite certain about why you made some changes you made (the hylian changes seem more fitting for the Sheikah), and you are more generous than I would be, but good job.

There's something wrong with either the mod or the patch to the mod by D_E, as the deku don't actually bring anything to trade. Just an empty window on their side. :o Since I'm using his patch I'm playing as the gorons.

The deku problem is likely very simple - all traders that came to you were business scrubs, who can fly, which sort of disrupts their link to their pack animal so they don't unpack. If you want the full trade, just remove the flier tag from the business scrub caste.
I'm aware of the fire keeses dying, but I've also met living ones. I haven't checked yet where the problem is, though.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 08:15:11 pm »

Ahhhh, that was probably it. I seem to recall only seeing business scrubs there. Thanks. :D

Edit: and yeah, while I haven't seen any fire keese, I've only seen two dead fire keese over like, three years. I'd imagine there'd be more if all of them were dying.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:16:42 pm by Seriyu »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »

but if it is fine with you, I might at least use your bombs

No worries.  The problem with my bombs, though, is that they're pretty useless unless you specifically mod targets to be vulnerable to them, by lowering the SPEC_HEAT of their body materials.  Which could be done globally, so :shrug:.

(the hylian changes seem more fitting for the Sheikah)

The global learn rate bonuses and attribute mods are because I was basing the Hylians off Link's abilities :).

Mods I've done:

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 01:43:16 pm »

No worries.  The problem with my bombs, though, is that they're pretty useless unless you specifically mod targets to be vulnerable to them, by lowering the SPEC_HEAT of their body materials.  Which could be done globally, so :shrug:.
Yeah, I noticed the change to the ikana.

The global learn rate bonuses and attribute mods are because I was basing the Hylians off Link's abilities :).
He might not be your average hylian. ;D
Of course, we have no real idea of the average Sheikah, so my comment that the changes are more fitting for them is a bit baseless...

From some of the changes (especially the maximum number of civs except moblins and dekus, though that also helps the fortress spam in check), I take it that you generally play more on small maps?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 10:07:24 pm »

I was thinking about stuff that could be added to the mod, and for some reason all I could come up with stuff for chu's. The first idea was to have a semi random item in them, but then there isn't a % chance for an item drop. (I don't think.) And the last one was chu jelly, as an extract/trade good. Maybe process it into alcohol. (Health potion/Magic potion, if a particular alcohol can have two "parent materials".)

And as a question, can helma steel from helmasaurs be processed into weapons and such?

The only other thing I've seen do something like this so far were gargoyles in the genesis mod, and the marble they left behind was useless, I think. Not sure if there was any way around that.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 11:48:25 am »

I get a definite ninja clan vibe from the Sheikah, whereas I ended up with a chosen one/holy man feeling about the Hylia (Possibly because of the way they were talked about in the Link to the Past manual?).  This runs counter to Twilight Princess, for example, where the Hylians are mostly just townspeople.

At any rate, I was aiming for the Sheikah (and the Gerudo) to be more highly skilled/trained, but for the Hylians to have greater natural potential.

You guessed it about the Small maps :).  When I'm playing the Illithid mod, I usually go for a Medium or Large map, but when I was playing this mod I wanted a Hyrule I could walk across (that said, I don't think I ever managed to walk across one any of the maps...).  Also, in OoT, each race had one homeland and one leader, so that played into the decision to limit the races to one civ each, also.  For the Fortress mode thing that I'm working on I made the leader of each entity be the appropriate Sage, so that's another reason to keep it at one of each entity.

I was thinking about stuff that could be added to the mod, and for some reason all I could come up with stuff for chu's. The first idea was to have a semi random item in them, but then there isn't a % chance for an item drop. (I don't think.) And the last one was chu jelly, as an extract/trade good. Maybe process it into alcohol. (Health potion/Magic potion, if a particular alcohol can have two "parent materials".)

And as a question, can helma steel from helmasaurs be processed into weapons and such?

The only other thing I've seen do something like this so far were gargoyles in the genesis mod, and the marble they left behind was useless, I think. Not sure if there was any way around that.

You can't easily do a random drop, but you can have it drop a useless item and make a reaction with random products, which sorta works.  I believe a truly random drop can be done with multiple, otherwise identical castes.

You may be able to melt-designate the helma steel corpse pieces and get helma-steel bars like that.  Otherwise, I think butcher_special would work.
Mods I've done:

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 04:23:22 pm »

Hmm, I never thought about the singular item that could convert into other item types, that's a good idea. And I had no idea the "butcher_special" tag even existed, so. :P Learning experience.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 04:43:27 pm »

Don't the chus have one of the most consistent set of drops in the games, anyway? Random drops would be more fitting for the other creatures. Anyway, I think I had the chu jelly set to be cookable already, but you probably can't extract it easily - that's something I need to test again. Magic and health potions I could do if animal drinks work, but since they wouldn't actually work as advertised...

Helmasaur steel is supposed to come in bar form already, but that seems like it is bugged. I believe that it came up as a building material, though.

I get a definite ninja clan vibe from the Sheikah, whereas I ended up with a chosen one/holy man feeling about the Hylia (Possibly because of the way they were talked about in the Link to the Past manual?).  This runs counter to Twilight Princess, for example, where the Hylians are mostly just townspeople.
They were also mostly townspeople in Ocarina, I believe. The ninja vibe on the Sheikah is definitely there, though :)

You guessed it about the Small maps :).  When I'm playing the Illithid mod, I usually go for a Medium or Large map, but when I was playing this mod I wanted a Hyrule I could walk across (that said, I don't think I ever managed to walk across one any of the maps...).
Have you experimented with reducing the variance of the various world gen parameters for more unified terrain types?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »

Yeah, I keep forgetting cage traps exist, and the one chu I caught, I couldn't tame (without modifying the pet_exotic tag), what with the dungeon keeper bug. My mistake.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9