Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it  (Read 37313 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.55 - Shadows over Hyrule
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »

I forgot to mention before, but one thing you might want to use is the attribute mod descriptor ranges,
Good point. While the noses and ears are set up to be longer usually, the descriptions don't always say that.

I wonder what kind of control we'll have over secrets and what they're transmitted by.  It would be neat if we could make actual triforces as secret-granting items, but probably not...
Yeah, secrets from artifacts won't be in outside the slabs the gods create, and even so, that would have to wait for us to be able to place stock artifacts anyway. On the plus side, with attribute modification as syndrome effects, items like pieces of power or pegasus seeds (along with speed changing syndromes) should be possible. Maybe with recuperation-changing and tissue-value (vascular, healing rate) changing syndromes, some kind of recovery heart could be created.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2011, 07:10:50 pm »

Mod mod bug, ammo bundles that you get through the "search for items in the grass" reaction don't have a defined metal type and so don't go into any ammo stockpile. Not sure if they're used for ammo or not, haven't gotten that far.

EDIT: Also Iron Throwing Mace is showing up as a material you can forge things out of at the metalsmiths forge.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:13:17 pm by Seriyu »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2011, 04:21:29 pm »

Mod mod bug, ammo bundles that you get through the "search for items in the grass" reaction don't have a defined metal type and so don't go into any ammo stockpile. Not sure if they're used for ammo or not, haven't gotten that far.

EDIT: Also Iron Throwing Mace is showing up as a material you can forge things out of at the metalsmiths forge.

I've fixed both bugs in my raws now, thanks!

How does the sun drying clay reaction work? Says I need two fired_mat producing stones and yet I still can't do it.

Edit: wait, sun dry clay BRICKS hurpadurp. My bad.

Actually, it takes stones and produces bricks.  The trouble is that it actually wants 31 fired_mat producing stones:  one to make a brick out of and 30 more to sit there "drying."  For some reason DF doesn't display this last bit of info.

Finally, I'm now pretty sure that the world-gen crash is due to something in the mod-mod, but I have no idea what.  The error log seems to be non-informative.  I'll try to track that down soon, but if anyone has any ideas they would be welcome.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2011, 04:33:41 pm »

Ah, so it's a way to make bricks out of clay without fuel, I see. That'll come in handy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2011, 12:36:22 pm »

I've moved some stuff from D_E's mod-mod over to my main mod - dwarves, hyruleans, and ikana get a tweaked version of roqi's sawmill (creating five blocks rather than ten; I also tested the waters of requiring a large circular disc, but that was too expensive, and I didn't want to experiment too much with other options). Gorons get the option to create stone beds, at the craftsman's workshop. Finally, under the hope that they get traded in world gen in the next version, zoras get the animal part furniture workshops and the associated reactions. If it does work, you might see the occasional fishbone table or shell chair in hyrulean towns.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2011, 02:28:51 am »

This is pretty cool. Maybe I'll download this and give it a shot after I finish my current fort.

Too bad Spouse_Converter only works with Night Creatures. Gerudo's kidnapping men and forcing them to be their spouses would fit them. (A Gossip Stone in OoT does mention this.)

Hey, can you make a Gossip Stone creature? Immobile, Immortal, and Intelligent enough to speak. That way you can get leads and quests from the Gossip Stones. :P J/K

Seriously though, I'd like to see how this mod evolves.

Edit:
Finally, under the hope that they get traded in world gen in the next version, zoras get the animal part furniture workshops and the associated reactions. If it does work, you might see the occasional fishbone table or shell chair in hyrulean towns.

Fishbone Guitars FTW!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:30:44 am by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2011, 05:15:21 am »

Too bad Spouse_Converter only works with Night Creatures. Gerudo's kidnapping men and forcing them to be their spouses would fit them. (A Gossip Stone in OoT does mention this.)
Something like this might become possible in the next version, perhaps. We'll see if I do anything there.

Hey, can you make a Gossip Stone creature? Immobile, Immortal, and Intelligent enough to speak. That way you can get leads and quests from the Gossip Stones. :P J/K
Actually, I suppose there are some ways to make them work right now (genderless hyrulean caste, verrrrryy slow speed, simple stone body), but there's no way to do make them work well right now. They'd just say the same things as everyone else, for starters.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in a New World - Legend of Zelda 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2011, 07:43:41 am »

Update! Version 0.75 - A Wizzrobe did it
Among other things (such as some stuff mentioned a few posts up), it includes:
Introduces a basic rendition of the wizzrobes, the keaton/tinsuit thieves, several new creatures, a bulblin caste for the 'blins.
Pumpkins are a new plants. In adventure mode, you can break them and other stuff for minor items.
Canes of Byrna and Somaria as well as Bombos medallions can be bought in hyrulean towns, for use in adventure mode reactions.

The zora reactions won't impact trade yet. They might in the upcoming version for which I added them.

Many of my upcoming plans for this mod want the interaction framework to come in, so updates to this mod could be slow while waiting on the next version. That's also where most likely the new manual will come in, replacing the current readme.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2011, 11:07:18 pm »

Yay!  Glad you're still working on this!
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2011, 07:00:43 am »

The Phoebus version is up and linked in the first post.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2011, 02:46:52 am »

Decided to try adventuring with this mood. Very fun. I traveled around looking for forts and doing quests.

All the Hyrulean forts were abandoned. Most of the quest were for Blue Octoroks. Get a quest to attack a bunch of Gerudo camped out in the desert. Finally find a fort with someone in it. A Olive Demon law-giver. At first he seems like a nice guy and the Bulbins and Bokoblins are talking to me and even join my cause. Then all the sudden, they are like "WTF a hyrulean!" and start to attack me.

Then the demon shows up again gives his speech and opens my head like a tin can with a can opener. Very nice. It's interesting to play a mod with characters from the LoZ series. I'm reading through Legends mode. I found a great molderm that was defeated by a Nabooru. I also found the demon who killed me. Seems that he is the final boss of my world. He's basically the driving force behind the civ that was destroying everything else and seems to be directly related to every major battle in history.

Also here's a thought for an improvement. Add a Sound to the megabeasts and certain other creatures. Make it a sort of a roar. In the original LoZ on the NES boss's roars could be heard from nearby rooms and this would kind of create the same effect I think. I think it can be small improvement if you add it with the creature variations. Not sure though if that's how variations work, but its a thought.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

Yeah, the forts empty over time for some reason, in vanilla as well. Starvation may be a factor here, which could be why the moblins survived (there are other factors as well, though). I've seen some delay in creatures becoming enemies, too, not sure what exactly is going on there.

I have some sounds for appropriate creatures (I think they're in the released version already - stalfos and lizalfos and such), and I'm sure I'll add more as I get the chance to do so. A generic roar could work there, though a variation for it would probably be overkill.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2011, 12:00:04 am »

I have some sounds for appropriate creatures (I think they're in the released version already - stalfos and lizalfos and such), and I'm sure I'll add more as I get the chance to do so. A generic roar could work there, though a variation for it would probably be overkill.

I was thinking using the variation template you already have for Bosses to add a generic roar to all creatures using that variation would make it easier on you.

As for the other stuff I was just recounting the interesting adventure, I realized most of the stuff was probably usual DF weirdness. Though the empty forts seems to be caused by that one demon and his civ going in all out war against pretty much everybody. The starvation helped, but this guy has a lot of kills under his belt and his army more than 100 times that combined. This demon personally wiped out a small Gerudo settlement by himself.

As for them attack me at random, I think that was my fault... I'm not sure but I think I attacked one of my companions trying to walk down a tower. I guess because they saw me a hero for my deeds they were okay with me despite my civ being an enemy. I think because they were listed as a hostile civ my character auto-attacked (instead of asking if I was sure) when I pushed a direction.

Too bad for them though, I was planning on spending my time serving them since they were my only leads to high level quests.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »

I may have bad news for the fans of zoras. More testing is needed, but they appear to be at the heart of a consistent worldgen crash around after the year 200 (yeah, yeah, nobody is genning past that currently :P). If it is the zoras, I suspect it is due to a zora necromancer trying to build a tower in the ocean.

If the theory that the zoras are responsible holds, I'll try to reduce their start biomes to lakes and rivers, and to rivers only if necessary (remember, don't call them river zoras even then). If worse comes to worst, they'll have to be removed if I can't stick them near water.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2012, 04:38:36 pm »

What I'm working on for this mod:

Seems that I can get dark beast transformations for dark lord to work with the difficulty of the fight for the dark lord, at least in arena mode. Legends call the dark lords dark beasts though, as it seems the counter is disregarded in worldgen (but it pretty much has to, so I guess that's expected), so confirmation will have to wait until I face one in adventure mode.

It seems still likely that the zoras are the source of the worldgen crash. With lake/river start biomes, the crash seems to be rarer, though. If it gets too worse, I guess there's still the outsider possibility.

In theory, gleeoks can animate their heads now, and they will shoot fireballs. In practice, they seem to ignore the IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE tag, animating everything dead. Also, they seem to leave tons of remains when attacked, that's something else I need to look at.

Gibdos and redeads have their piercing scream, but they need some more testing, as do the sorceresses of ice. The undead also have some fitting material force multipliers (skeletals take more damage, zombies less), and since the ikana can be encountered below town, their natural skills are lowered a bit. Gibdos can also be the result of divine curses, though those keep their non-transformed spouses.

Male gerudos are now more or less equal to the female gerudos in ability, with the dark lords arising from divinely-given secrets.

I think armos statues aren't in the posted version yet. They also still need some love, I think.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9