Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: FireBridgesI (Finished)  (Read 18081 times)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Hour Succesion! All slots free jump in now!
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2010, 03:36:39 am »

The hour is an hour real time. Whether it means you play for 2 weeks or 2 years is up to you.
Also what is the fort called?
Join the new Hermit Succession

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2010, 03:42:20 am »

lol, i put a solid 3 hour turn in when no1 else wanted to pick it up and saved the fort from having 4 dwarves who wanted to kill eachother to having 40 with a fully working hospital, jail, food system, and a completely miasma free fort..... Sorry if i removed the levers.

I'm actually hoping shit hits the fan and i have to come back and try to restore it to its former glory... just dont kill my dwarf with an axe again damnit

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2010, 03:45:09 am »

Dont go tempting me now, heh.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:26 am »

Its called Tombchannels....
No wonder people were going crazy.
King: "Hey, You there peasant! Migrate to Tombchannels"
Peasant: "*sniff* ok *cry*

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2010, 03:56:17 am »

Uploading in a min. I'm sorry but having to upload the entire game would take me forever. You're better of with getting the game from here.
I played for lots of hours aswel since no one was on to take over. It payed out in my opinion though. See for yourselves soon. :)
Death before dishonour

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2010, 03:58:10 am »

Uploading the entire game?
I only asked eclipse to do that because I had a glitchy DF.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:16 am »

17th timber
A year has passed after I decided to leave the fort temporarly and visit my brother to the south. Now upon my return to Tombchannels I fear the worst. Will I be the only living soul in the area? Or will I be attacked and massacred by remaining inhabitants which have gone insane? My first clue to what awaited me within was a cheerful woodcutter. Odd I thought, he must either be insane or a miracle happend... The second clue was the stench, or better yet, lack thereof. No miasma, no piles of corpses, no blood. By the gods! The fortress survived. And it's blooming with activity. This isn't turning out to be such a bad day after all. I wandered through the halls and soon found myself lost in the maze that is the dorms. Correction, okay the day isn't so great... But all is not lost. This fortress needs some serious reorganising and I'll be the one to do it!

18th timber
The dwarven traders must have followed me here. Whatever the case, they're more than welcome. Drinks and food in exchange for the stacks and stacks of clothes that we have. Clothes of the dead probably. But what they don't know won't hurt them.

17th moonstone
A miner informed me that the forgotten beast Zospu Uxulod has come. It's an enormous feathered tick according to the rumours. Yuck, I thought, well let's hope it's stays down there. For now I have other concerns than this abomination.

18th obsidian
Our carpenter wanders the halls in a possessed mood. I wish him luck.

1st Granite
I adress a crafter on my way to stockpiles and ask him why the carpenter has not completed his artifact yet.
"He wants shell, ma'am". She tells me. I check my list. Not a damned shell in the whole fortress. So basicly he's doomed and everyone knows it...

25th granite
Another miner rushes into my office without knocking. I need a sign. "Administrator! The forgotten beast Gosmer has come! It's an enormous three-eyed kingfisher". He informs me. "Perhaps he'll run into the feathered tick and they can share stories over crumpets". I mused. The miner was confused at my calm demeanor. I didn't care. The last beast didn't show up in our fortress and neither will this one. Of that I am sure.

3rd slate
It took alot of planning but finally the miners have done their digging and the masons their building. We now have 2 rooms that will serve as barracks for our future military.

5th slate
As if I didn't have enough to do with all the reorganising, now I have to deal with a whole flock of migrants aswel. 20 of them even. Well they can wait. I'll give them jobs soon enough. But they can fight over their own beds for now. Most of them seem to be sleeping in the hospital anyways.

7th slate

The possessed carpenter finally left the workshop. He looks depressed though. I wonder how long he'll wander these halls emptyminded. All I hope is that he doesn't take his clothes off.

3rd felsite

Today we celebrate the initiation of our first military squad. I had to go over our list several times but I finally selected 10 recruits that seem fit enough for the job. I have a feeling that we'll soon find out.

27th Felcite

"Administrator". Said the sherrif as he abrubtly slammed my door open. Yep, I definatly need a sign on it.
"It's outrageous, I've been here for 2 years now and still no one has bothered to provide me with the things I require". Great. One of those demanding types. "What exactly is it that you want"? I asked with a sigh.
"I must have an office, a dining room, a bedroom and several other items". I frowned. "It says here on my list that you already own those things".
"I do ma'am. But I have no idea where my room is. Besides, it's not nice enough for my standards anyways". That made me frown again. "If you do not know where your room is, then how do you know that it's not good enough"?
"I just do".
He said.
"Fine, I'll plan something out for you". With that he left, no thank you, nothing. I heard he spent some time in jail recently. I'll definatly have to keep my eye on this one.

4th hematite
At last, the poor possessed bastard succumbed to dehydration. Not a pleasant ending. But atleast his suffering is over now. His clothes are scattered about outside the dining room. Thank the gods that I was to busy to leave my office to see that. As I write these last notes I am preparing to take some time off.
Reorganisation has drained me from the will to continue. For now I'll aid the workers in whatever needs to be done and relax in my chambers afterwards.

Things I did:
-Reorganised alot
-Built barracks
-Assigned 2 squads to train in each
-Met the sherrifs' requirements. Although he has a room with armor , weapon, bin somewhere in the fort but I can't find it for the life of me. Now he has 2.

Slightly urgent things:
-Better gear for the squads. For now they have leather to train with, construct more if possible
-Drink supplies are dropping

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2785

Death before dishonour

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2010, 04:09:36 am »

2010, thats v0.28.181.40d, if i'm correct?

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2010, 04:13:17 am »

Nope its the latest version.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2010, 04:14:56 am »

I just realised. Heh.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2010, 04:18:52 am »

Ow.. my butt hurts. I think I just played for 4 hours in a row...  :o
Death before dishonour

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2010, 04:19:44 am »

Heh,
I think that'll be the last longer than 1 hot turn we will have ever. UNLESS there is an emergency....

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2010, 04:21:13 am »

Heh,
I think that'll be the last longer than 1 hot turn we will have ever. UNLESS there is an emergency....

I'm sure someone will come along soon enough and somehow restart all the chaos. If not we can still count on dwarfelf.
Speaking of which. Were the humans / elves and gobbos extinct when you genned? Haven't seen either of those yet. Just dwarves. Or maybe the site isn't accesible to them.
Death before dishonour

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2010, 04:22:52 am »

Alright, i've seen the basics. Plans are to do what you suggested and get that depot in the fort, the fortification of the entrance, defensive walls for the magma areas. The rest, i'll wing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:24:30 am by nuker w »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2010, 04:25:13 am »

I didn't gen. It was breadbocks. So I dunno maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27