Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: FireBridgesI (Finished)  (Read 18025 times)

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Hour Succesion Take 2!! All slots free Resumes Midday GMT
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2010, 05:34:58 am »

So who's next? I'll do an hour then in 14 mins if there's no takers.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:46:19 am by Kalrirr »
Death before dishonour

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2010, 06:57:55 am »

By all means take over.
Join the new Hermit Succession

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2010, 07:16:49 am »

21st Obsidian
"Fair day". Were the words spoken to me by the first dwarf I encountered on my journey to Firebridges.
"Greetings woodcutter, I am Kalrirr of the mountainhomes". I informed him.
"I see". He said with an odd grin on his face. "You must be the new administrators wife".
"No". I replied with a deepening frown. "I am the new administrator".
"Oh"? He seemed to ponder about that. Armok knows why, I certainly didn't. "Well then I must welcome you to FireBridges, my name is Cappstv, former administrator and current woodworker"."Hmmm". I had no proper response to that, my mind was filled with questions, why he resigned for one. And why several other administrators had preceded me but yet, resigned their positions. I'll find out anyways, there was no need to further question this... woodcutter.
"Perhaps you would like a tour through our new but fine fortress"? He mused.
"There will be no need for that". I figured it would be better to start working immediatly. If I wanted my questions answered with haste, that is. "Show me where my office is".
"Office"? He asked with a confused glance. It seems the former administrators did their work crosslegged on the ground or in the cramped dining room. "Nevermind then cappstv, I'll manage". I said with a sigh.

As soon as I wander down into the fortress my eyes fall on an odd looking blacksmith. "What is your problem" I ask her. "Unngh mfffllllmhhhh"! She said and rushed off to claim the magma forge. Great. I thought. I've been sent to the fortress of the damned and possessed. Within moments she rushed past me again, clutching on to a copper bar. I hope she finds everything she needs. It would be a shame if we lose our blacksmith to melancholy.

27th obsidian
The blacksmith rushed over to me as I was enjoying my daily ration in the dining room. "Look look"!! She shouted with beaming eyes. "I made an artifact! I have named it Galleynotch". I glanced down at the copper animal trap in her hands. It seemed rather worthless to me. "Why have you engraved an image of itself on it"? I asked her, although I was sure the answer would be as worthless as the artifact. "It seemed appropriate, I even made the image in donkey bone!" She replied with great pride in her voice. Yep. Worthless.

29th obsidian

As I feared, this whole fortress was one big failliure. Pointless corridors, lots of them. Messy stockpiles. Supplies are scarse and these dwarves seem to be lazier than a two legged donkey.
"You"! I shouted to the first miner that crossed my path.
"Me"? He asked as he leaned on his pickaxe.
"Yes you, come with me. You will dig out an office for me".
"But ma'am, the previous administrator instructed me to dig a-" I cut him off. "I don't care what he told you, I'm the adminstrator now and I want an office. You either begin now or I'll cut your rations in half, is that clear?" He gave me a look, a look that said he had plans to use his pickaxe on my skull and dump what's left of me in the magma pool, I stood up straighter and challenged him to try whatever he was thinking, effectively I might add, as he resigned and picked his axe up. " Very well, ma'am, lead the way". I allowed HIM to lead the way actually. I am no fool and I thrust no one here.

25th Granite
The dormitory is the maze of all mazes. Whatever the administrator was thinking when he planned this out I do not know. I've ordered the miners to dig out some more rooms. In a more organised manner this time...

3rd Slate
Sand. Sand...and more sand. The previous administrator must have had a sand fettish or something. Because all I see when I wander arround are bags of sand. I'm sick of it. I've ordered the workers to stop collecting sand for now. It's all they do and nothing else gets done...

12th Slate
A knock on the door startles me from my well deserved rest, I rub my eyes and stretch before allowing whomever to enter, this had better be important. "Come"!
"Good morning administrator".
"Onol, what can I do for you"?
"I have an invitation for you, administrator".
She said cheerfully. "I'm getting married"!
I was stunned. Not in a *happily shocked way*. No. Stunned in a *where the hell do you find time for such trivial things when there is so much work to be done, way*. "Who are you marrying, Onol"? I asked, pretending to give a damn.
"My beloved Lorem ofcourse"! She said with dreamy eyes.
"The herbalist and the miller... How.. appropriate, thank you for the invitation, now off you go". Weddings. Psh. Weddings mean parties. Parties means lots of drinking and eating. Our supplies are scarse as it is. "Maybe I'll send them off to work at the magma forges on the surface, that should be a nice honeymoon". I muttered and rested back down with a smile on my face.

1st Felcite

I am stood outside to oversee production at the forges when I notice a huge group of dwarves heading straight for us. As they come closer I walk up to them and approach the first one in the long line. I ask them about their presence here and they inform me that they are migrants from the mountain homes. Seeking refuge here to rebuild a new life. Migrants. Great. 22 of the bastards aswel. I suppose it will be good to increase productivity. But I can not be bothered to deal with 22 more of the possessed, damned and lazy ones that live here. Therefor I have decided to resign my position as adminstrator and continue my duties as the Militia commander of this fortress. I've always had a thing for smashing skulls in. Plus I'd be happier with an axe in my hands when one of these possessed fools finally snaps. Which inevitably will happen one day...

What I have done:
-Made proper bedrooms for everyone
-Built more farms
-Built an office
-Built a larger dining hall
-cancelled sand collection

Things to do:
-Rooms for the 22 fuc- migrants.
-Proper job assignement for them, lots of milkers etc
-Dig out more stone
-Not getting me killed
-Have fun :)
http://rapidshare.com/files/408378339/region2.rar

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:22:21 am by Kalrirr »
Death before dishonour

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2010, 07:24:30 am »

oh can you name the Hunter Oidip

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry already uploaded :( I'm sure the next person can do it :)
Death before dishonour

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think there is anybody else lined up/online..

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Hour Succesion! All slots free jump in now!
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:50 am »

Why don't you go again then?
Death before dishonour

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2010, 08:07:49 am »

Yeah might aswell.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2010, 08:33:25 am »

Holy crap, Its actually alright. No problems. Food water DRINK. I actually don't know what to do...
Mega project?

After I finish my royal bedroom of course

Edit:
Never Mind:

Also just before I found a magma sea!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:36:18 am by oidip »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2010, 08:44:17 am »

Holy crap, Its actually alright.
That surely came as a shock  ;D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2010, 09:09:42 am »

Sorry I couldn't jump in like I thought I was going to. Turns out that I had work to do and an uncooperative child.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2010, 09:16:27 am »

Its fine. Whoever wants to go nex here is the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2774

Press F3 to go to where i am bridging across to the admantine

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:40 am »

i would like to go again
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:23 am »

Ok im starting right now
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2010, 10:31:06 am »

I'm not really that good at managing fortresses of ~30 dwarves. Especially as I have a very estranged play style.
So you may notice that not much actually has changed since the last go :P Execpt from a more direct shaft leading straight to the Magma sea and underground lake. Also the bridge to the adamite is mine.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:34:37 am by oidip »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27