Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Default" material  (Read 906 times)

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Default" material
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:38:13 am »

It would be nice, if we could define a "Default Material" (repeatable) . So the first entry in choosing any build would be this "Default Material". Would save us a lot of scrolling and searching when we build multiple things from the same stuff.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Default" material
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:46:40 am »

You could set all stone types you don't want to use as economic, or forbid them in stocks, which would help this problem a certain amount.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 11:43:47 am »

make alle stones economic does not really help, there are some hundreds of stones you have to allow/forbid also there are block, bars wood ...
Forbidding all materials i do not want at the moment is also impractical, (again all blocks,logs,stones,bars...)
And if there are other projects at the same time with different materials, they are all cancelled.

Nah ...
Defining a "Default Material" before I do a couple of construction with the same stuff would really help, and should be quite easy to implement. It just changes the sort so ONE Material  comes always first when defined.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:57:52 am »

Another way would be just to select the building stone somewhere else, and not select one at all when you actually make constructions. Add a menu item in construction menu that is "select building material", choose your stone type there, and you save the extra key presses. Be a pain for people trying to make mosaics and such like though.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:14 pm »

Yeah i agree. I just thought, selecting the material elsewhere and then having it as First Choice in Build might be a easy to implement.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:24:45 am »

Be a pain for people trying to make mosaics and such like though.

It would be less so, unless they're going to stupidly create their mosaic in a linear fashion.  They select one "color" and drop down all the tiles for that color, at once, then select the next color.

It would actually make their job easier.

KillHour

• Bay Watcher
  • One of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 12:33:58 pm »

Well, it could just default to the last material you used in that particular workshop.  Seems like a good enough solution.  Would also be useful if it applied to building constructions, too.  Would need an option between "Closest" and "Last Used", though.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:23:50 am »

"Last Used" should be quite oke. But i must appear as first material on every built (if usable of course). Maybe optional so you can turn that feature on/off.
But it would help me big time, as i do a really lot of floors.