Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A dwarf died today  (Read 3658 times)

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A dwarf died today
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 04:59:17 am »

I always build a combined graveyard/hospital. In my current fort, the hospital is a few tiles away from the main fort, because that's the only place with some water. The hallway is lined with 12 open 3x5 rooms, each with 6 coffins for a total of 72 resting places (currently 2 occupied). I can still expand it to 180 coffins if some unfortunate accident should ever happen... mhuahaha! Oh sorry, where was I...
I used to line the hallways near the dining hall and bedrooms with coffins and also the walls of the barracks, but since hospitals are in the game, I find it much more fitting  :P
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 11:43:46 am »

I wish I could just cement coffins together vertically, so I could build the entire fort out of dead dwarves.  Then when we get digging seigers, my fort's walls would have an odd consistency.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »

I wish I could just cement coffins together vertically, so I could build the entire fort out of dead dwarves.  Then when we get digging seigers, my fort's walls would have an odd consistency.
This must be done, and it will be amazing. Just like the Great Wall of China.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 04:21:15 pm »

Encase your coffins in magma + water.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 05:51:59 pm »

I can just imagine...
"Ye dead yet?"
"No"
"Close enough, budge over."

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »

I just declare my refuse pile is also a graveyard, all corpse problems are promptly dealt with. Some useless hauler decides to take offence to his wife being thrown on top of the mangled corpse of a kobold? He suddenly finds himself grafted to the military and stationed in front of the main gate to watch out for goblin ambushes. After a few months on that job I think he'll be quite happy with the resting place of his beloved. In fact, he'll be so happy with it I doubt he'll ever leave her miasma-spewing side.

I thought this was going to be a eulogy.

Oh dwarf ma' boy: The rocks, the rocks need minin'.
From stone to stone, all down the mountain side.
The well is dry, and all the goblins are a-bleedin'.
'Tis you, Tis you must go and elves must bide.

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 04:40:00 pm »

He suddenly finds himself grafted to the military

I... think you mean "drafted". I hope you mean "drafted".

Then again, dwarves ARE known to use crossbows and artifact axes made from bones and such  ???

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 10:36:11 am »

He suddenly finds himself grafted to the military

I... think you mean "drafted". I hope you mean "drafted".

Then again, dwarves ARE known to use crossbows and artifact axes made from bones and such  ???

Gand D are somewhat close together on the keyboard >.<

Then again, I had seen some of my soldiers in the older versions running around with *Dwarf Bone Bolts* in their quivers, so...
Pages: 1 [2]