Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: This is DWARF fortress, not TURTLE fortress.  (Read 16006 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: This is DWARF fortress, not TURTLE fortress.
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:23 am »

I'm alright with goblins tunnelling ONCE there's a feature to re-fill mined rock and soil. I don't care if it's magical or whatever, but I'm sick and tired of running out of ground!  >:(

Umm... what?  How can you be sick and tired of running out of "ground"?  Considering that "ground" doesn't dissapear right unless you specifically tell your dwarves to mine it, the only way you could run out of it right now is if you seriously were just mass-strip-mining your fortress down to the magma sea... which is an almost incomprehensible engineering feat that would produce hundreds of thousands of stones with which you could rebuild your "ground".
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: This is DWARF fortress, not TURTLE fortress.
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2010, 07:41:37 pm »

Probably echoing what others have said. But I do like the caravan ambushes, though with the goblins it's likely that they forced the elves/human traders to smuggle them into your fort. The digging of tunnels I already put my 2 cents in on the main thread for that. And removing the brook tile wouldn't do anything anyways... I think. I haven't seen anything path through a water aqueduct unless it was a fish, fb, some other aquatic animal, or hfs.

On the other things like bad thoughts for not meeting the siege, not too thrilled with that one. As I am quite prone to ignore them for the first year or 2, until my various killing chambers are completed (Gobbos siege at 30 dwarves here, very low pop cap to save fps). But I suppose it would get me to kick my military training priority up a few notches hehe. It'd also kinda be silly as I sometimes collapse a section of my entry tunnel behind me, thus leaving no trace that my dwarves were ever there on the surface. So how would my citizens even know that the gobbos were lookin for them up above.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]