Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Utilizing blood  (Read 1464 times)

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Utilizing blood
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:19:47 pm »

So I did a little searching beforehand and seem to have found that blood as a liquid is not usable in reactions.

HOWEVER, I'm under the impression that if I change the properties of blood to make it a glob I could use it in reactions.

Keeping in mind that I'm a modding noob, how could I:

1) change blood to a glob
2) make a reaction to convert said blood to booze or food (a link to a generic DIY reaction guide would be fine)
3) make it so that butchered creatures give globs of blood that can be used for 2)

On a side note, is there a simple way to make dwarf corpses butcherable? Also, has anyone ever successfully made conveyor belts? Search came up null on this.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Utilizing blood
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 06:27:59 pm »

1 - I'm not to sure if you can turn all blood into a glob, so I don't think this is possible unless you replace it with something... I don't know for sure...

2 - Check my sig, the wiki version has a ton of reaction stuff.

3 - Again, I don't know...

4 - I have not seen any efficient type of conveyor belt. One would assume water, but that's extremely dangerous and doesn't seem to push stuff all the time. I would assume retracting bridges, but those just fling stuff. Maybe drawbridges? You'll have to worry about destroying items with those though.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:01:25 pm »

1 - I'm not to sure if you can turn all blood into a glob, so I don't think this is possible unless you replace it with something... I don't know for sure...

2 - Check my sig, the wiki version has a ton of reaction stuff.

3 - Again, I don't know...

4 - I have not seen any efficient type of conveyor belt. One would assume water, but that's extremely dangerous and doesn't seem to push stuff all the time. I would assume retracting bridges, but those just fling stuff. Maybe drawbridges? You'll have to worry about destroying items with those though.

Some very useful stuff on you pages, thanks.

From what I had read the issue from using blood in reactions was that it goes into a container and needs to stay in that container. I noticed that blood can be "frozen blood" in the raws as a solid form. Could I simply change the melting point?

Edit: unrelated, I'm also trying to make deceased dwarves butcherable via the reaction

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BUTCHER_URIST]
    [NAME:butcher poor urist]
  [BUILDING:BUTCHER:CUSTOM_SHIFT+B]
    [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:DWARF]
  [PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:not sure about these]
    [SKILL:BUTCHER]
    [AUTOMATIC]

If anyone could illuminate what to put in the "not sure about these" line, it's appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:04:52 pm by Zebra2 »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:13:19 pm »

You can't custom reaction butcher.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 11:33:56 pm »

Oh! I read some where earlier today that you can correctly call up items from containers now! So I would try something along the lines of...

[REAGENT:A:1:i'm not sure what goes here:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:NO_SUBTYPE:BLOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A]

It could be BLOOD, MISC_LIQUID, GLOB, etc...

Maybe barrel would work? I'm not too sure.

-edit-

It's right there on my guide...

[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:COW:BLOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK]

Soooo

[REAGENT:A:1:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:NO_SUBTYPE:BLOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:DRINK]

There we go... try that one.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:35:57 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:43:26 pm »

[REAGENT:A:1:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:NO_SUBTYPE:BLOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:DRINK]

There we go... try that one.

Ooooooh, you rock. I will try this.

edit: what will the final product of this be? What do I have to add to fill my stocks with "fermented blood"?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:46:59 pm by Zebra2 »

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:48:30 pm »

You can't custom reaction butcher.

I see. Will a custom workshop still work?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »

I'm not sure what it will say... It's never been done before.

There's a lot you can do with a custom workshop. What is it exactly you want to do?

I know some thread was talking about butcherable dwarfs.

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 07:11:10 am »

Oh! I read some where earlier today that you can correctly call up items from containers now! So I would try something along the lines of...

As far as I can tell, this isn't true...  :(

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 08:00:20 am »

You can add the [EDIBLE_COOKED] tag to [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] in material_template_default.txt to make it into a cookable ingredient at the kitchen.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 01:52:52 pm »

I think I'm going to have a lot of reaction testing ahead of me, especially with all this new stuff since .09

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 01:47:24 pm »

Since plants define the drink name in their entries, one can assume that, if it produces a drink (iffy, more likely to make something weird and unexpected), it would probably just be called blood. If you wanted something like goblin blood rum or something, you'll probably have to wait until liquid support is improved, or mod in a bloodish plant. It wouldn't be goblin blood alcohol, but it would be a start.
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 07:00:19 pm »

On a side note, is there a simple way to make dwarf corpses butcherable?

entity_default
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
change this:
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]
to
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
to butcher dwarves.

Related, change
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]
to
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
to butcher goblins. These don't need a regen, but only new corpses work.