Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Injury related discussion (Adventure mode)  (Read 721 times)

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Injury related discussion (Adventure mode)
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:09:36 pm »

How about having some additional things the people you meet would tell you if they have sustained injuries.

Like for example:

Player McAwesome: Tell me about yourself
Cog McUnlucky shows you his left arm, bearing a jagged scar.
Cog McUnlucky: I got this in The Plains of Savagery in 520 in a fight with a Grizzly Bear.

And

Player McAwesome: You look like a mighty warrior indeed.
Urist CutoffEars: What?
Player McAwesome: Tell me about yourself.
Urist CutoffEars: What?
Player McAwesome: Tell me about the surroundings.
Urist CutoffEars: I can't hear you (Or in <location> in <year>, my <If other ear was cut off earlier: last functioning ear was, otherwise ears were> cut off by <monster>
eq. In Plains Of Laughter in 107, my last functioning ear was cut off by Cog McDecapitator the Goblin.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:50:58 pm by Skibiliano »
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Injury related discussion (Adventure mode)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:59:20 pm »

I like the sound of this.  Will make recruiting people more interesting, too!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:19:07 am »

This sounds great.It could cause some fun when you recruit a recruit whos leg has been cut off by your former adventurer.
I have an idea relating to this,lets say if Urist mcpoorbastard had his leg ripped off by a grizly bear they may tell you more about it,you know when it was killed,what towns it raided etc.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:15:42 pm »

I'd worry about it going on and on when talking to warriors who are scarred all over, but talking about scarring is a nice idea.

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:50:01 pm »

I'd worry about it going on and on when talking to warriors who are scarred all over, but talking about scarring is a nice idea.

I was thinking it would only occur when you ask him/her to tell about himself/herself.
And he'd only show one wound / scar at a time.
Possibly more if he attained more than one during a single battle, he'd go like.
"McWarlord shows you his left arm, bearing a large scar, and he proceeds to show you his left leg, bearing a small scar."
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.