Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making a Civ Evil (Resolved)  (Read 765 times)

Motigg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making a Civ Evil (Resolved)
« on: July 18, 2010, 04:08:04 pm »

Is there some tag or something that can added to a civ that will make it evil without having to add [BABYSNATCHER] or [ITEM_THIEF]?

I'm trying to make Predators from the Xenomorph mod inherently evil while trying to avoid them from snatching babies or stealing items.

Edit:  Was something simple.  I had been messing around with the entity file when I just had to add the [EVIL] tag to the creature file...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:02:57 pm by Motigg »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Civ Evil
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:04 pm »

Is there some tag or something that can added to a civ that will make it evil without having to add [BABYSNATCHER] or [ITEM_THIEF]?

I'm trying to make Predators from the Xenomorph mod inherently evil while trying to avoid them from snatching babies or stealing items.
[ABUSE_BODIES], mayhaps?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Motigg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 04:41:48 pm »

Nope, I had tried that already.  Double checked to make sure though, I almost said it worked since I forgot to save the txt file after removing [ITEM_THIEF].  I'm probably the worst raw editor ever.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

Make it so the have can_civ and can_learn and not can_speak?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 04:56:02 pm »

What about having their spheres of gods by misery?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Motigg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 05:01:19 pm »

Make it so the have can_civ and can_learn and not can_speak?
That didn't change anything, however like an idiot, I had completely missed the [EVIL] tag that I had not added to the creature file which I pry would not have noticed without you telling me to check that.  2 hours wasted trying to get it to work when it was something simple :(

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Making a Civ Evil (Resolved)
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:10 pm »

With the EVIL tag, do they come to ambush and siege you now? Or do they only appear in evil biomes.
I had Genesis mod's snakemen without babysnatcher, all very peaceful and friendly.

Did you try boosting their evilness (in entity_default.txt or other entity file) with
   [ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:SHUN]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:20:53 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 10:36:43 am »

The [EVIL] tag has nothing to do with civs - it only determines whether that creature can spawn in evil biomes. Civs will only ambush or siege you if you're at war with them. Giving them ethics and spheres opposed to your civ will increase their chances of being at war with you, but there's only two ways to force them to attack:

- Give them the [BABY_SNATCHER] tag. This will make them snatch babies, but will also hard-code them to be at war with you.
- Don't give the creature [CAN_SPEAK], [INTELLIGENT] or [UTTERANCES]. Civilized creatures that can't speak won't have names (except the ones they earn by killing dwarves), but they'll always be at war with all other civs.

Hope this helps.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 12:02:58 pm »

The [EVIL] tag has nothing to do with civs

It determines whether or not they will settle in evil biomes. This applies to the other alignment tags as well.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 01:44:09 pm »

Okay, yes, there's that.