Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd charging behavior  (Read 446 times)

Ceaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Odd charging behavior
« on: July 18, 2010, 02:15:12 pm »

While scrolling through 21 pages of a report from a fight with a FB I noticed that every charge resulted in the following:
"Attacker charges victim!"
"Attacker misses victim!"
"Attacker collides with victim!"
"Victim is knocked over and tumbles backwards!"

I couldn't find anything in bug tracker, is anyone else noticing this?
(version is 31.10)

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
Re: Odd charging behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:27:59 pm »

Yeah, happens to me all the time, especially when the charger is very strong. It is an odd behavior, but I don't think it's new to this version. It's obviously nonsensical that someone could dodge your weapon, but then let you bodily collide with them, but for some reason it hasn't been addressed for quite a while. If you feel like it's a bug, I'd go ahead and report it.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd charging behavior
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 03:51:37 pm »

It's obviously nonsensical that someone could dodge your weapon, but then let you bodily collide with them, but for some reason it hasn't been addressed for quite a while.

Hm. If you meant that toward the example the OP gave, I should point out that it wasn't the attacker's weapon that missed the victim, but the attacker itself, who still collided with the victim--which, yes, is nonsensical. However, if the attacker strikes with a weapon and misses the victim, you could argue that it could indeed collide with the victim in that he/she swung said weapon, and upon missing decided to slam his/her body against the target to compensate for the faulty strike. Short of that, though, like in Ceaser's example, it is, indeed, probably a bug.