Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22166 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2010, 05:31:14 am »

Now that is why you don't leave witnesses!

To the underworld!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:15 am »

To the underworld!

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2010, 07:55:39 pm »

To the underworld!
We need to help the egyptian gods!
And get rep.!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2010, 12:40:33 pm »

Impossible! This cannot be revived! Your foolish actions will doom us all! I am warn- *is shot*
---

It proves surprisingly easy to locate the entrance to the Egyptian underworld; the ground begins to sink as you get nearer and soon you stand at two large bronze doors, knocked off their hinges. Behind them spreads a vast darkness. The void doesn't look too inviting, but you head through the doors anyhow.

You cautiously hover onwards, feeling a path in the blackness below. Shouting and sounds of battle soon arrive in your ears, distant at first, but rising in volume with every step you take. Then, without any warning, you're standing in a small clearing in the void, illuminated by unseen light.

The clearing is littered with the bodies of angels and Egyptians alike, and a furious battle rages in the middle, between half a dozen surviving Seraphim and a massive, crocodile-headed being which looks like a mishmash of lion, crocodile and some other animal. You vaguely remember something called Ammut. That's probably her.

The battle isn't going too well for Ammut - her body is covered in wounds and she's bleeding heavily. She seems tired and stunned, while the Seraphim are as good as ever. As you watch, one climbs up Ammut's body and carves a deep cut across her neck. Ammut only barely manages to shake him off. She's not going to last for long anymore.

Should you go to her help, wait for the battle to end or...?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2010, 12:48:44 pm »

Go help. Backstab the angel while it's distracted.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 24, 2010, 02:12:48 pm »

Yeah, that. This will immediately net us good points with anyone who likes the egyptians.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2010, 02:14:31 pm »

Go help. Backstab the angel while it's distracted.

I mean, angel are suspiciously like elves.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2010, 05:27:19 pm »

We know which side of this we are on, smite the angels!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »

attack angels. save Egyptian whatever-it-is.
Then try to recruit what is left of the Egyptian guides and/or pantheon

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2010, 01:08:05 am »

>SMITE Angel
I'm sorry?
>KILL Angel
I can't understand what you're saying
>EVISCERATE Angel
No. Srsly
>Use SWORD on Angel
With what? Your bare hands

I think you get the point. Just kill 'em.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2010, 06:33:44 am »

You rush towards the Seraphim, intent on saving the Egyptian creature from their blades.

Sure you have the element of surprise, you spring gracefully into the air and land straight in the middle of the Seraphim. An impressive entrance is always nice. A brief flicker of surprise goes through the faces of the Seraphim, but is quickly pushed aside. They're more experienced than most of their brethren, it seems.

You roll away as the first attack strikes, an angel's spear finding dust instead of your flesh. Landing at the feet of another Seraph, you quickly slash upwards and send him stumbling back to avoid your blade. Before he can react further, you spring into action again. Your strikes find their mark, each sinking deep into the Seraph's armour.

With the Seraphim distracted, Ammut returns to the fray. Two of the angels are picked up and thrown high into the air before they can turn away from you. In one smooth movement, Ammut opens her jaw wide and swallows the warrior-angel whole. The other it attempts to crush beneath her feet, but he's quick on his feet and staggers away.

You finish off your opponent and turn quickly to the rest of his brethren, falling into a battle stance. And just in time, as a grey-haired Seraph with a silver blade calmly begins raining countless blows upon you. You quickly find yourself outclassed and your defenses overpowered - dozens of small cuts appear in your flesh. You fight back as well as you can, but begin to wonder if you can at all defeat this foe.

Fortunately, Ammut saves you from the effort. She closes her jaws around the Seraph that escaped her wrath earlier, and flings her across the clearing like a ragdoll - straight into the angel fighting you. As he falls, you're quick to sink your claymore inside his forehead. It is good to have allies.

Two Seraphim are left, but, with help from Ammut, they're quickly dealt with. Silence finally falls upon the clearing.

You turn to the crocodile-headed creature to thank her, but find her snarling at you, crouched for an attack. You suddenly realize she might not recognize friend from foe now, or understand your words at all. Still, she's guarding the way to Duat and the paradise of Aaru, where these survivors probably are. You have to get past her, in any way you can.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2010, 08:48:47 am »

Put down our weapon calmly and... do we know a prayer to Ammut?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:24 am »

Put down our weapon calmly and... do we know a prayer to Ammut?
I second this, also we may want to back away, if Ammut attacks I think we should run, hide and wait for her to get bored before retrieving   our weapon.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2010, 11:04:07 am »

Whatchoo got against boss battles?

Also, no, you don't know any prayers to Ammut. Ammut wasn't worshipped, she was a demon that got ate the souls that didn't weigh as much as a feather.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2010, 11:08:09 am »

Whatchoo got against boss battles?
Nothing. It's potentially upsetting the Egyptians we don't like.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21