Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22172 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2010, 12:56:49 am »

' Yes. I am also honoured to meet you. Uhh... exactly how much have you heard about me and the Greeks?'

The armoured one shrugs. ' Zeus goes to war, all because of you. We do not know the details yet. You have quite a reputation already, Yggda. The word
spreads. They say you have gathered a hundred thousand Guides behind your banner in the span of a few hours. That you fought your way into Valhalla and back without a scratch. That you have all the pantheons wrapped around your finger, ready to do your bidding. The Council will soon know your name, if it doesn't already.' he chuckles. ' Rumours are hard to tell from the truth, even in times of peace. But now, to your business here... Gartavron, please?'

The other giant nods and begins to speak. ' We are not united. And no, I am not talking about the 'war'. I am only the leader of the Sun-Born in name. They fight and bicker with eachother like children. I see everything in the realm below in day-time; and all I see is stupidity. There is no force in the universe that could end it. Not even you. They could all very well go fight the Council on their own, or perhaps join them, and there is nothing I could do to stop them.'

' Unfortunately, the same goes for the Voidborn.' Irisem grunts in. ' There are some that would come if I asked - if only for their love of combat - but they would no doubt act independently and get themselves killed while doing that.'

There is a moment of silence, but then the Void King continues. ' What the Council did was against the laws they agreed to. Both of us will come, along with a few others, naturally. But with the others, you can only hope they decide to go against the angels.'

Well. You remember some names, the most important gods of both sides. You could try to go to some of them and coinvince them to work with you, or just leave. There are only a few powerful Psychopomps from the Essenceborn pantheon, but if they survived, the Kings should know where they are.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2010, 03:52:36 am »

Graciously thank the kings for their time and their promise of assistance, ask about any essenceborn guides, leave your card, and then go hunt down one of the promising gods, we may as well see how difficult they are to convince, and, more to the point, how much time is required, while we are here, though perhaps this would be a task better suited to well-attired flunkies with impressive-sounding titles...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2010, 06:53:08 am »

What RAM said.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2010, 08:25:15 am »

egyptians next?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2010, 08:30:51 am »

or the other make-beleive one...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2010, 12:08:47 pm »

' I am grateful for your offers of assistance, Kings of the Essenceborn. We will take all the help we can get. As you may know, I am seeking out the old Guides and recruiting them back in. Would you, by chance, know the locations of the Psychopomps of your pantheon?' you say, already wondering in your mind which Essenceborn god to visit.

' I though you might want to know that. The Winged Serpent is currently burning down the countryside here in our realm. He should be easy to locate. The others...' Irisem looks frustrated. 'have eluded our grasp.'

You nod your thanks. From what you remember, the Serpent is a particulary violent Guide. It should not be difficult to coinvince him to come fight the Council.

' I can tell you the realm you can find me in, if you wish.' you say, but both Kings shake their heads.

' There is no need. Your base is located in Karagh An, the City-World. The Council knows this too, though they have yet to locate the street like us. With all due respect, Yggda, the house you are in is too vulnerable. I hope you find a better location soon.'

You stare at them for awhile, dumbfounded, until the gods speak again; ' Also, about the help we can offer. The others rule nations and armies and are trained in the ways of war. We, and some others who will come with us; Roa, the Lady of Fate and Yukaran, the Oathtaker, we have to rely on... other means. Information is a potent weapon in the right hands. We hope it will prove to be one in your hands as well as ours. Also, I do not write signatures in my messages. I use a specific magical sigil instead, to prevent anyone from tampering with it.' After Irisem stops talking, the other god continues;
' If you wish to attempt to coinvince some of the others to join you, I would suggest you start with Kharon, the Scorpion Lord, Iacea, Master of the Deep Sea, and Caellon, the Mountain King of the Voidborn and Tella, the Green Lady, Amparos, the Storm Lord or Moridin, the Tactician of the Sun-Born.'

Should you visit one, go to the Winged Serpent or leave this realm?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:40:35 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2010, 12:15:50 pm »

Let's head to Moridin, the Tactician. We will need someone to direct our forces soon, and some advice will be helpful anyway.

Bah.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:19:50 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2010, 12:17:31 pm »

Let's head to Moridin, the Tactician. We will need someone to direct our forces soon, and some advice will be helpful anyway.

GODDAMNIT BOLD IT MOTHERFUCKER

EDIT: Good boy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:28:22 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2010, 01:30:11 pm »

???

O.K, that was weird...
Whatever. Let's go pick up the serpent and drop him off in the base, then go see who we can convince out of the essenceborn. Moridin first.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2010, 05:52:08 pm »

It may be best to pursue the winged serpent later, it sounds as though it may attract undue attention...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2010, 04:53:08 am »

You decide to go for this Moridin first, then pick up the Winged Serpent. You thank the Kings again and jump down from the Palace, again appearing below the sun. The Essenceborn control their kingdoms, and love to proclaim their might in every way they can. Giant statues decipting the leaders, massive palaces painted in their colours, rows and rows of their banners, cities named after them... it doesn't take you long to find Moridin's nation. You sense him in the depths of an enormous fortress carved into a mountain, with a city and several smaller forts surrounding it.

As you get closer, hidden compartments of the fort open up and massive, multi-barreled cannons roll out and begin tracking you. Two airships take flight and begin to close in on you, and soldiers run across the fortress to get in defensive positions. You begin wondering how to act, but the Essenceborn apparently decides it for you and the fortress dies away again, incredibly quickly. The cannons disappear back inside and the soldiers calm down. A tall figure in black appears on the top of the fortress, and you descend down to him.

' Are you an assassin of Telamon's, little thing? State your business before I change my mind about killing you.' the Tactician demands.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:29 am »

Deploy door-to-door salesman dialogue!
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:43 am »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2010, 12:14:07 pm »

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2010, 12:35:51 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21