Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22198 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2010, 03:51:56 pm »

He's Zeus. I'm pretty sure he did. I don't know if anyone wrote about it but that only means he wasn't caught.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2010, 05:06:17 pm »

Bear in mind that his brother is the boss of the postvivification industry, I don't off-hand recall anything about Zeus not being allowed to visit...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2010, 05:07:34 pm »

Yeah, the best part about dead people is that they don't self-immolate if they see Zeus naked, because they're already dead.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2010, 11:28:44 pm »

I vote for going (politely) to zeus. In our true form, however. We don't want to offend the gods with our mask. And then off to egypt. People in trouble are easy to recruit. And Anubis is a badass.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2010, 11:57:08 pm »

I vote for going (politely) to zeus. In our true form, however. We don't want to offend the gods with our mask. And then off to egypt. People in trouble are easy to recruit. And Anubis is a badass.
Osiris would be a great ally to have.

And maybe we could try not to screw up with the Egyptians? The Norse and Greeks don't seem too fond of us right now.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2010, 11:58:05 pm »

Or we could piss off the entire Egytian Pantheon by going to Aton directly.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2010, 12:24:21 am »

Or we could piss off the entire Egytian Pantheon by going to Aton directly.
that would get you smitten, brought back to 'life', and then smitten again. I'm sure akhenaten's having a wonderful time.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2010, 12:26:10 am »

I think it would be "Smoten". Not sure though. But yeah, that would be a really bad idea.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2010, 12:29:19 am »

I think it would be "Smoten". Not sure though. But yeah, that would be a really bad idea.
yeah, the word looks weird. but google says it's right.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2010, 12:42:17 am »

But dude! Aton = Elohim = Jahve = YHVH. We can't lose, all we have to do is let him offer us a covenant (and hope he doesn't obliterate us should we break it). Plus I'm sure he'd approve of ascetic woman corpse psychopomps.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2010, 11:34:41 am »

Zeus it is.

You follow Athena's quickly-disappearing shape up the godly city, flying and catching up with her just before you find Zeus.
You quickly shift into a male version of your current form, prompting an amused smile from Athena.

Zeus, master of the Greek pantheon and ruler of all Olympus, is found in the corner of a pillar-lined building. A woman stands in the shadows nearby, probably Hera. He looks pretty much exactly as you imagined, a robed man with white hair and a beard. You get on your knees, just to be sure.

' Lord Zeus. This Guide of the Dead has brought us news that makes me sure we should reconsider the Council's actions.' Athena begins, and you zone out as she tells Zeus about the Council's new power. Zeus seems thoughtful. Here steps out of the shadows, looking faintly surprised.
The discussion slowly dies away, and Zeus turns his attention to you.

' We seem to be heading to a war, then. But if we do and... and the consequences of this little conflict are as bad as I expect, I will make sure you and your entire kin are sent to the pits of Tartarus for all of eternity, to the last man. Do you understand me, little Guide?'

You manage a weak nod, and Zeus seems to forget your existance again.

' I want every single Olympian, Protogenoi-spawn and demigod on Olympus and beyond to meet me here as soon as possible. First, we need to look into the Egyptian's situation, and...'

Athena gestures you to leave, and you do as told. You shift back into your original form and decide to go to Hades now, to tell of your success. When you arrive, Hades is again nowhere to be seen. The shade guards approach you.

' Lord Hades had to leave. He instructed us to guide you to Charon.'

You follow them across the underworld, and, as you expected, to River Styx. Charon is a tall, lean robed figure. He's sitting his back on a rock on the Underworld-side of the river. Charon looks up as you approach, a grief-filled stare.

' Go away. The Bureaucracy's gone. I'm not leaving.' he says, then turns his gaze back at the ground. You sigh. Why can't anyone come with you right away?

' I'm not letting the Council abuse our power. Most of us survived, and I have the Valkyries on my side. And, the Greeks are going to war, so this place won't be safe for long anymore.' you tell Charon, who manages a weak smile in reply. ' Now that's impressive.' he says ' And the Valkyries on your side, eh? Still, I don't know. I never really liked working for the Bureaucracy.' he pauses, looking thoughtful. ' Alright. If you promise me we won't become another red tape-filled nightmare like the old Bureaucracy, I'm in.'

You nod and offer your hand, letting Charon pull himself up.

' Well, you got a place you want me to or...?'

Indeed. Should you return Charon to the others first, or go straight to the Egyptians or whoever?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2010, 12:20:40 pm »

Let's check on the Valkyries.

Who has the better relations with the egyptians, Norse or Greeks?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2010, 12:29:03 pm »

I say we pay the essenceborn a visit. Mainly because I want to know who they are.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2010, 12:37:22 pm »

Who has the better relations with the egyptians, Norse or Greeks?

Neither of them.  That's what you get when you have different groups of immensely powerful and arrogant beings. Every pantheon thinks they're much more powerful than the others and looks down on them. They used to fight, but then laws were made to stop that. (Hasn't anyone wondered why only the Greeks, Egyptians and the Norse exist of all the real-world pantheons?)

Why did you want to know anyhow?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2010, 01:13:22 pm »

for the rep of having a person you like, to be near me, so by associations we alredy like each other...
or something like that...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21