Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22207 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »

Get to Athena. Ask her for help convincing Zeus to war. She shouldn't mind, she's a goddess of war (I think).

Yeah, she's the goddess of tactical war. Ares is the god of sucky war.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2010, 05:09:46 am »

((Just a short post now, sorreh. Also sorreh for the overall blegh quality, I just wanted something done.))

' I'll see what I can do.'

Hades seems satisfied. Asking no more questions, you head out and back to Olympus. You decide to go for Athena first, as she should have atleast some influence over Zeus.

Finding the war-goddess is, fortunately, not a difficult task, and you locate her quickly enough. Athena is tall, graceful woman, who, to your slight surprise, is not alone. You recognize the other, smaller woman as Artemis. Their conversation ends abruptly when you step into view, though neither goddess seems surprised.

' Yes? Do you want something, Guide?' Athena asks.

' I wish to talk to you about the Council and their actions. If you do not act quickly...' you start, but Athena waves you silent. Greek gods apparently like interrupting people.

' I've talked with Hades, Guide, and know you have already talked with him earlier. Zeus does not want war, and I can understand that. We've had peace for over two decades now. We do not wish to see another inter-pantheon war, and fighting the Council... the younger ones would no doubt take any excuse for attacking the older pantheons.' Athena shakes her head. ' We'll wait.'

You could just give up and go see another god, but you need Athena, especially if you can get Artemis with her. Better think something up fast.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:24:58 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2010, 09:51:37 am »

"Look, if you don't go to war, war will come to you. The Angels have proven their true colors, and they won't stop until every other pantheon is dead. With the new influx of souls, they'll be more powerful than just you greeks alone, but if you strike now they may be weak enough for you to punch through. I could probably convince the norse to help to, for a price. but I need your help to get Zeus to go to war. I specificaly came to you because Zeus will listen to you more than I in this matter. I need you, Athena, and in a few more years, you may need me."

Exept more polite.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2010, 10:09:27 am »

"But the Council has not only destroyed the guides, but is collecting souls for themselves. If we do not strike soon they will grow ever stronger, until they can destroy you as easily as they did us. We strike now, or we will never have the chance to do so again."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »

What can the angels do with souls anyway? As far as I know the only problem with it is that they are judging good Greeks according to angelic principals...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2010, 07:36:15 pm »

What can the angels do with souls anyway?
Turn them into more angels probably.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »

Or eat them, or use them to fuel some divine engine which will end the world. Really, they're angels. Who knows?
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2010, 09:15:52 pm »

Or eat them, or use them to fuel some divine engine which will end the world. Really, they're angels. Who knows?
This. Ever read Bandages stuff? You'll never be able to go to church again. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:10 am »

' You must strike now, Athena, so we do not lose our only chance. Every soul they take becomes just another warrior in their armies, and you have no way of stopping that. They have the power of the Bureaucracy - they can be instantly where someone dies. Every single follower of yours would have to be guarded eternally - and even if you had enough warriors for that task, would they be enable to prevent the Council from taking the dead? Once they have taken all your followers - and the followers of the other pantheons - into their ranks, they won't hesitate to attack Olympus. Only a fool would not see that. If you refuse to do anything, you are already as good as dead.'

You suddenly realize you should've maybe been a little more polite. Athena and Artemis are both standing with their weapons in hands. A single arrow from Artemis' bow would be enough to kill you right there.

' You dare to tell me what to do?' Athena asks, her voice barely a whisper. ' I do not appreciate a little Guide calling me a fool, either.' She pauses, as if thinking what to do with you. ' You are right, though.'
You blink hard. Huh?

Athena puts the spear and shield down. ' Are you sure they have your former powers, Guide?' she asks, now visibly more relaxed. Artemis lowers her bow as well, though still ready for combat. You manage a nod. 'Hmm. That might explain the reports about the Egyptians, then...' she continues.

' I suppose... I should talk with Zeus, then, knowing this. You can go, but you should really work on your manners. Not all gods of Olympus are as forgiving as I.'

Athena gracefully makes her way out of the room, leaving you alone with Artemis. She stares at you for a moment, shrugs apparently to herself and disappears outside as well.

Well. Who's next then, or will you go straight to Zeus?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:41:59 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2010, 07:04:33 am »

I say, go to one of the ones you made up... or Egypt, Ra is pretty badass. (though that is the only egyptian god name I can remember...)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2010, 10:06:57 am »

We called a greek god a fool and lived to tell the tale? Now THAT is impressive. Several would turn you into an animal just for talking to them.

Lets head to Zeus... And under no circumstances should we even THINK anything derogatory about him.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2010, 10:09:15 am »

He has a sense of humor, at least. He's only usually an ass when it comes to women.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2010, 10:38:55 am »

We called a greek god a fool and lived to tell the tale? Now THAT is impressive. Several would turn you into an animal just for talking to them.

Lets head to Zeus... And under no circumstances should we even THINK anything derogatory about him.

On the other hand, you called Athena a fool; on the other, you were also telling the truth. Besides, she's the goddess of wisdom.
I was very tempted to have Artemis shoot you there though.

EDIT: And there was that -5 relations decrease I somehow forgot to add.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:40:58 am by Digital Hellhound »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2010, 10:51:25 am »

remember to be in a male form when you meet Zeus.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2010, 03:17:20 pm »

I'm not so afraid for our character, I mean, did Zeus ever boing a dead chick?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21