Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22224 times)

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »

Hades sounds good. Just don't try and make friends with Demeter afterwards...
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2010, 02:41:30 am »

That's Persephone's mom, dude.

Anyway, Hades is the only one of the brothers (Zeus and Poseidon) who isn't a massive douchebag, so I'd say contacting him is a good idea.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2010, 03:12:55 am »

You realize you've just wasted time coming up the mountain, seeing as Hades actually presides in the greek underworld. You sigh and jump into the Stream again. Atleast the journey won't take long.

You enter just above the River Styx. The souls of those who have not been given a proper burial wander aimlesly on the other side, while a lone boat carries the rest across. It's not Charon, but some other denizen of Hades' realm. The Gates of Hades wait ahead, with Cerberus sitting nearby.
The palace of Hades stands high above anything else in the realm. Earlier, the dead would flock there, to the Three Judges, but you Guides began bringing them straight into their respective afterlifes. It's strange, though, that they're not doing so now. Is the Council taking the greek souls already or...?

You pass straight through the Judges, and into the palace of Hades itself. The door guards look surprised upon seeing you.
' You seek an audience with our lord?' one asks, in an unnerving, emotionless tone. ' He will not see just anyone, Guide. Explain your purpose here.'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2010, 03:59:08 am »

We wish to discuss a business opportunity with Lord Hades relating to the recent movement of the Council and their actions. We are quite sure, he will be interested.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2010, 08:12:13 am »

We wish to discuss a business opportunity with Lord Hades relating to the recent movement of the Council and their actions. We are quite sure, he will be interested.
This. The wording is perfect: Hades is also god of wealth.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:50 am »

What dragnar said.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2010, 01:11:18 pm »

This. The wording is perfect: Hades is also god of wealth.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2010, 05:15:21 am »

BITCHES'

---

' I wish to discuss a... business oppurtunity with Lord Hades, relating to the recent movement of the Council and their... actions. I assure you, he will be interested.' you say, remembering Hades is also the god of wealth. The shades shrug and one disappears inside Hades' throne room. He returns a while later, smiling.

' Lord Hades will see you now, but is not in the mood for wasting time. Be quick with your proposition.' He says and the shades move aside, opening the massive doors the colour of human bone for you.

The god's throne room is a massive, high hall of grey stone, though magnificent artworks cover the walls almost completely. An unseen source of light faintly illuminates the room - barely enough for you to see. The hall is devoid of any noise or sound, and, curiously, Hades is nowhere to be seen. A highly ornamented throne sits in the far end of the room, but the god himself is gone.
You take a few steps towards the throne, but nothing happens.

'Uhh...?' you start, and Hades takes off the Helm of Darkness, appearing on the throne. A pale, tall figure is revealed, with a short beard and hair. His clothes are finely cut but plain, more fit for a well-off merchant than a god, but you're not the type who argues with gods.

' Speak, Guide. I am busy, and you risk my wrath if this turns out to be something foolish.' Hades demands. Despite his words, you can see in his eyes he is intrigued.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2010, 06:46:13 am »

"Lord Hades, I'm sure you know of the recent move of the council? Then you know of the problems this can cause. The Angels certainly won't stop with the just the Bureaucracy, they may march here next. Even if they do leave you greeks alone for a while, the Council already proved themselves willing to violate the laws already laid down for their own gain, and I don't expect them to keep to themselves.

"I've come to you because I'm reassembling the bureaucracy, and I need all the help I can get. I'm going around to all the gods of death and beseeching them for aid. I already have the valkyries, but they are sparse and few in number. I was hoping that you may know someone or something to help me."

((Anyone know what we can offer him? He's probably not going to pass up an opportunity for gain like this without some incentive to stay safe and re-establish the Bureaucracy.))
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2010, 08:12:58 am »

Offering a favour might work, deities love to turn up and demand things...

Say something about theft of souls, war across the afterlife, and the general tedium of trying to work with angels. Try to work Charon into the topic, maybe as a mutually trusted intermediary...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2010, 10:38:45 am »

((Anyone know what we can offer him? He's probably not going to pass up an opportunity for gain like this without some incentive to stay safe and re-establish the Bureaucracy.))
Souls. If the bureaucracy has been skipping sending souls to any intermediate realm Hades probably has a lot of very restless servants.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2010, 11:29:41 am »

' Lord Hades. I am sure you are already aware of the recent move of the Council of Angels, and know the problems this will surely cause. They will not stop with us, and may very well march here next. Even if you are left alone for now, the other pantheons will be attacked - and with each attack, the Council takes more souls for their armies. They have proven they are willing to violate the existing laws - even the ones forbidding inter-pantheon wars, I'm sure.'

You pause, looking for a reaction. Hades seems slightly frustrated, but it's impossible to tell if he's angry at you or someone else.

' I am reassembling the Bureaucracy, and I need all the help I can get. The Valkyries st-' you start, but Hades waves you silent. He takes his time before answering.

' You wish for an alliance of sorts, then? Heh... I have talked to Zeus about the threat of the Council already. My brother does not want to attack.' Hades rolls his eyes. ' I do not lead us. But do continue.'

You do as asked. ' I was hoping you could help me find someone. Someone who could, perhaps, if somekind of alliance is made, act as an intermediary between us. I need to find Charon.'

' Ah, yes... he is still here, as always. He never did visit the Bureaucracy realm much. But I need you to do something first - I need you to convince Zeus to war. The others will do what he says, atleast mostly. Do you accept?'

You have no idea how to convince Zeus himself, but getting the Greeks to fight the Council would surely be worth the effort. It would probably be best to first get some of the other Olympians in support of the war, mainly Poseidon.
Of course, you could just get out of there and find someone else, or try to recruit Charon right away, risking Hades's wrath.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2010, 11:40:14 am »

We should definitely get Poseidon on our side before confronting Zeus, but I say we should start with Ares. There's no way he would oppose this war, and a god's support will help sway both Poseidon and Zeus.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2010, 01:57:33 pm »

Yeah. And convincing Athena would be helpful too.

So, in order:
Ares
Athena
Poseidon
Zeus

and then we get Charon. Hmm. I hope we have time to visit the Egyptians after this.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2010, 05:33:42 pm »

Ares is a cowardly bitch and Zeus and Poseidon can be incredibly petty if wronged. Athena is the best shot, as long as we don't, I dunno, challenge her to a weaving contest or something.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21