Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22208 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2010, 09:08:45 am »

Yeah, Charon's the ferryman. And Thanatos is another Greek god of death, though I can't remember what he does exactly.

Also, The Styx is one thing, but it's the Lethe they should really fear. You fall in that and not even immortality will prevent it's effects. If an ordinary human falls in they will literally forget how to breath.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2010, 10:02:38 am »

We could also get his brother if that works. Or his.. mother.

While I'm not sure if you're talking about Thanatos or Charon, it doesn't really matter; they have the same mother.
Who even Zeus is scared of. Who is the primeval goddess of the night, mother of such pleasant gods as Death, Doom, Retribution, Deceit, Strife, Misery and Madness. Who, incidentally, is one of my favorite characters of greek mythology.
(Also mother of people like the Oneiroi (makers of dreams) and Philotes, friendship, but that's not my point.)

Unfortunately, Nyx isn't a Psychopomp but holy fuck she would be a powerful ally.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:04:45 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16:23 am »

Still... Lets hope we dont meet Erebus, or if we do. We make him an ally.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2010, 02:07:45 am »

Y'know, Hrist doesn't actually know where Charon is, so do you just want to go visit the Greek Pantheon itself?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2010, 02:36:12 am »

We really ought to go grab the guides that we know of first. My vote for Anubis stands...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2010, 05:47:41 am »

((You guys suck at choosing things. Most people seemed to want the Greeks so I went with that. Note: Thanatos isn't actually a Psychopomp, atleast not here.))

' Right. Hrist, send some of your Valkyries to seek for an... unused world for our new base of operations. We're too vulnerable here. Some of you stay here with Vogarm and help rally the survivors. I'm going to find the others, starting with the Greeks.' The others simply nod, acknowledging you as the leader. The feeling's a bit strange.

After making sure everybody understood their jobs, you jump into the Stream, heading for Mount Olympus.

No angels come after you this time, fortunately. You stand before a great mountain, rising high above the clouds. The surrounding area and the small town nearby look blurred and shift strangely, an ancient village replaced by an industrialized small town before disappearing completely and being replaced by forest. A few minutes later, the ancient village is back. Mount Olympus sits on the edge of the world of mortals and the world of gods. The city on the mountaintop is not even visible for mortal eyes, atleast not often.

You begin to hover, slowly making your way up the mountainside. Small, twisting mountain paths and tunnels dug into the stone begin to appear as you travel on.
Then, without any warning, the home of the gods itself is revealed to you, a sea of white and red.

You think you could find any of the gods here - or Hades in his underworld - easily. You should probably choose who you want to ask about Charon and the others about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2010, 08:03:43 am »

Hades should be sympathetic to our cause...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2010, 08:41:41 am »

Hades should be sympathetic to our cause...
Agreed. He's also not evil, contrary to popular belief.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2010, 01:00:53 pm »

Yeah, we should contact hades.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2010, 02:00:37 pm »

Hades, indeed.

I am correct in beliveing he's a douche, though, right?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2010, 02:03:32 pm »

I am correct in beliveing he's a douche, though, right?
No more so than the other greek gods.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2010, 02:12:25 pm »

Yeah, there all douches.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2010, 09:33:05 pm »

Hades actually married the woman he abducted, I think that, amongst greek gods, this qualifies as classy...
Also generally made honest deals and generally didn't while away the eons sending heroes out on quests and/or undermining heroes and/or their quests. Not to mention just getting bored and inflicting some city with some form of pestilence or destruction on the pretext that they didn't sacrifice enough or looked the wrong way at your favourite statue...
People just get annoyed at Hades because he doesn't let them beat death...
Read the First Post!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2010, 09:56:39 pm »

So, Hades wasn't A massive douche?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2010, 10:01:41 pm »

Comparatively? No, he has the biggest kingdom of any of the gods and is usually quite content to rule it instead of causing trouble. Still not exactly a good guy though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21