Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22215 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:43 am »

"Okay, if you know any guides then make them join you. We need as many as possible for this to be easier for us."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2010, 01:23:40 pm »

Is Schrödinger's cat a guide?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2010, 01:26:00 pm »

Why.... Why.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2010, 01:28:22 pm »

Is Schrödinger's cat a guide?
No. That doesn't even make sense. Being dead doesn't make you a guide, being alive doesn't make you a guide, so it is not a guide twice over!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2010, 01:32:17 am »

' Do you know the location of any of the other... erm, older Guides?' you ask the Valkyries.

' I think I could find Anubis and Hermes... maybe Azrael. Ankou... oh, wait, Ankou is dead, I saw him go down. Muut, maybe. He's good at hiding. Daena, also maybe. We weren't really close. The others... no idea.' Hrist says after thinking for a while. ' I could send one of us to find them, but I do not wish to waste anymore time. We should really go.'

Will the Valkyries be enough for now, or should you get more of the older Guides? If not, what will be your next step? Travelling in the Stream is not safe, not with the Council's kill-teams, even though they haven't been particulary tough yet. The black-haired man seemed to think you could use a normal home as your base of operations for now, but perhaps you should find unused, safe dimensions or try to retake the Bureaucracy world.

You also have no idea how you could take back your powers from the Council; they did it by extracting it from enough of your kind and killing, but you'd need some powerful allies to actually have any chance against them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2010, 04:03:26 am »

>Seek base, would it be possible to go unnoticed in the infernal realms?
>Try to find a means of monitoring the stream without being noticed, attack smaller groups of angels to force them to concentrate their efforts and therefore cover less territory.
>Once we have a base, find elders and invite them, this will give us momentum to be the leader...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2010, 07:19:32 am »

I say we set the Valkyries to finding a base while we try to recruit more Guides.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2010, 09:16:47 am »

I think we should stay mobile, tell the other guy that we got a valkreiy, try to find more guides.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2010, 04:54:04 am »

You jump into the Stream and begin to head back towards the world the black-haired man was staying in. The Valkyries follow close behind. The journey doesn't take long.

You appear back in the air above the never-ending cityscape, and take out the note with the address from your pocket. Before you can read it, however, you hear a cry of anger from behind you and turn to see three Seraphim fighting with the Valkyries. You move to their aid, but it's over before you manage to take a single step. The Valkyries pull their spears out of dying Seraphim, letting them fall into the city below.

You finally read the note, and, to your horror, it reveals an ordinary address just written to the paper. No magical compass, no guiding light, not even a map of the city.
The black-haired man could pass for a normal human, but you have no such luck. Still, you have to go down and buy somekind of map or guide if you ever want to find him again.
You gesture for the Valkyries to follow and begin leading them down.

As you approach, your senses are assaulted by a incredible collection of different smells, noises, tastes and a bizarre swarm of creatures of all kinds. You land at the edge of a busy marketplace. Carts pulled by gigantic lizards roll past you, protected by fat, dog-headed men. Strange, transparent balls of a silvery liquid hover in the air past you, filling your head with a buzzing sound. You see some normal-looking humans as well, but they far and few between.
While you've seen - and sometimes Guided - nonhumans before, they don't usually live together with eachother or humans. The Valkyries don't seem to mind, just staring at you, eyebrows raised and waiting for instructions.

You spot two slighty slammer, winged lizards and their obvious riders waiting in a tower on the other side of the marketplace. As you watch, someone goes to speak with the other rider, pays him with something and both get on the lizard. It jumps into the air with an ear-piercing shriek.
' Follow me.' you say to the Valkyries, rather unnecessarily.

You make your way through the marketplace and up the stairs to the tower. The rider stands up the moment he sees you, and his face twists into a smile.
' Need a ride, ladies?' he asks. You realize both his eyes are like a cat's, and his fingers end in razor-sharp claws.

' Can you get us to this address?' you ask the man, showing him the note. He stands still, staring at something you can't see for a moment, then nods. ' You've gotta pay first, though.'
You begin to change your form, materializing a bag of gold coins in your hand. You drop it in the man's hand, who stares at you for a moment, then grins and pockets the gold.
You wonder what he will do when the gold disappears when you change your form back later on.
' You're outsiders. No problem, no problem, this is just enough. Just... enough.' He gestures you to climb to the lizard's back, and you comply. There is enough space for you and all the Valkyries.
The rider begins to guide the flyer up into the air.

The journey doesn't take too long, even though you get the feeling the rider is showing off his skills every now and then, diving just to go under a bridge or between two closely-built houses.
He drops you off near a large, wooden house, grins again, and disappears into the night.

You knock on the door of the building, and after a while, the door is opened by a dark-haired woman trying to force a smile on her face.
' Yes?' she asks behind gritted teeth. You hear shouting from deeper from the house. A familiar face appears from a doorway. The black-haired man gets two steps into the direction of the door before a vase comes flying from around the corner and hits him in the back of the head. He turns around, shouts something in a tongue you don't understand - strange; but that power was linked with the other Guiding powers, so it makes sense it would've disappeared with the pull - and walks over to you.
The woman who opened the door asks him something in the same tongue, gets an answer and leaves.

' You actually did it. Huh. I didn't actually think... oh well. Ladies.' he bows to the Valkyries ' I guess you want me spread the word now?'
You nod.
' Well, come in. I... memories get blurred when you start working for the Bureaucracy. I had... kind of... forgotten my sisters - the witches I spoke about - hate me. Oh well, too late to change anything. Oh, and, my name's Vogarm.'
You wonder briefly who the man was in his old life. Normal humans cannot become guides, so he probably had divine or otherwise supernatural blood in him.

You and the Valkyries get in the house, and you begin thinking about the next stage of your plan. Making the Valkyries find a new realm for your base seems like the best bet, while you will go after the other legendary guides. Who should you go after next?

((Pick either from the ones Hrist mentioned in the last update or visit a specific pantheon again))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:56:04 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2010, 05:30:50 am »

I didn't have a problem with it, but I am rather fond of the odd wall of text...

I vote for Anubis.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2010, 08:47:31 am »

I vote Charon.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2010, 08:50:20 am »

Thanatos, to the greeks!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2010, 08:54:11 am »

Charon is greek as well. And Hermes actually served a similar purpose sometimes.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2010, 08:58:30 am »

We could also get his brother if that works. Or his.. mother.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2010, 09:01:15 am »

((Pick either from the ones Hrist mentioned in the last update or visit a specific pantheon again))
Guides Hrist mentioned:
Anubis and Hermes... maybe Azrael. Ankou... oh, wait, Ankou is dead, I saw him go down. Muut, maybe. He's good at hiding. Daena, also maybe. We weren't really close. The others... no idea.'
Pantheons:
The Guides:            Perfect     (+80)
Norse Pantheon:      Indifferent (-10)
Greek Pantheon:      Indifferent (0)
Egyptian Pantheon:  Indifferent (0)
The Warders:          Indifferent (0)
The Essenceborn:    Indifferent (0)
Infernals:               Indifferent (-5)
Council of Angels:    Indifferent (-15)

Is Charon the ferryman? If so I am tempted to vote for Charon, I mean, even the angels would have to think twice before trying to cross the Styx...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21