Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22185 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 10:06:56 am »

Well my friend...The Bureaucracy has ceased to exist and we both are without work. Additional to this the angels are trying to kill us all. So why we don't build up our own organization? You know gather some of the other Guides, caving some angel skulls and rebuild it for ourselves...or build up something completely different. After all im currentl open for any Suggestion...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2010, 11:12:53 am »

' The Bureaucracy is no more, and thus, we are both unemployed. We are being hunted down like animals. We Guides need to band together, create a new Bureaucracy or something else completely. I am open to suggestions, but giving up and going to hiding for the rest of eternity is not an option.' you say.

The black-haired man laughs, and puts the axe back down. ' A noble goal, but don't you think getting together will just make it easier for the Council to find us? And, if you haven't noticed, the pull is gone. I used to get, what, fifty, sixty pulls a day. Now, nothing.' You open your mouth to speak but he waves you silent. ' Look, I know the whereabouts and have talked to some of us survivors. They're afraid and in shock. You won't get them to come with you. But, but, don't give up yet. What we need is one of the older guys. Azrael, Hermes, Anubis, the Valkyries. They're tough, a few angels won't bring them down. And more importantly, they're smart, and know when to run.'

' Go on.' you prompt when he stops. The Guide rolls his eyes and grunts, but continues anyways.

' Find and bring one of them to me, and I'll summon everybody I know. I'll be, uhh, I'll be staying here' he pulls out a pen and a piece of paper from somewhere and writes something on it ' here, in this address. I know some witches in this city. It's their house. I'm sure they won't mind me staying there for awhile.'
He pushes the note into your hands and promptly jumps out of the window. He quickly turns into just a distant dot, and then disappears entirely.

How long did they keep you in the Infernal world? The news about the pull being gone is even more troubling, though. That would mean changing the power granted to the Bureaucracy itself, and the Council would need for that atleast half of all Psychopomp sou... ah. That explains the lack of bodies in the Underworld.
Have they given the power to their own angels, then? If so, for what purpose?

You have no idea where to find the old Guides if you'll do what the black-haired man wants, though. They are famous, and sometimes even hated, by the pantheons they left for the Bureaucracy. The Pantheons might be able to tell you. Just waiting for them to appear in the Stream could also work, though.

Of course, you could just seek out other normal Guides in the Stream and see if they would be easier to convert to your cause.

((Wall o' text hmh))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2010, 11:18:37 am »

Go to the Norse pantalon, they mght have some good info
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2010, 01:39:24 pm »

This. The norse gods don't seem as likely to attack on sight as any of the others. As long as we are humble, respectful, and don't get our foot in our mouth, we should at least have a civil "No." our way.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »

They are also mush more skilled in combat than any of the other pantheons. To the Norse!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2010, 01:50:09 pm »

Just stay away from Loki, he's an asshat.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2010, 02:15:11 pm »

Just stay away from Loki, he's an asshat.
And they know this. The gods KNOW he's the one who will get them all killed. And yet they do nothing... I never quite got that.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2010, 02:21:26 pm »

Well because for the lulz...without him they'd had nothing to do. Just think of it: you create a universe, lifeforms and so on and after an eternity you got enough...it gets boring. So end it with a giant bang that kills everything...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2010, 02:42:04 pm »

They had the 'Meh, let's do something about it tomorrow.'-mood. Forever.

No, they just thought history was already written, which made it true.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 03:53:12 am »

((Ehh I couldn't find out where the Norse gods hang out so I just made something up, anybody know where?))

FAKE EDIT: Ah, Asgard. Too late to change anything, oh well.

---

The Norse seem like the best bet. Best not ask about the Valkyries from them though, they didn't take that exactly well. You return into the Stream and begin moving towards the Norse realm. You soon realized you're followed by three angels, but just before you enter the Norse realm, they scatter and disappear, not wanting to bother the Norse gods themselves.

The Norse realm is a fortress, fitting their status as the 'battle-gods'. The fortress stretches to the clouds and is held up in the air by the peaks of surrounding mountains.
A single bridge connects it to the ground. The Norse change their home every few years, for some reason.
You flinch unvoluntarily as you step onto the bridge - but if you weren't welcome, you would've been vaporized there.

The journey across the bridge takes an eternity, but when you finally get there, the massive steel doors don't even open. You bang on them for a good ten minutes before a small hatch opens in the door and a Dvergar's face pops out.
' What do you want?' the dwarf asks. He looks tired and frustrated.

' I need to speak with gods, dwarf.' you state, and the dwarf grins.
' I kinda guessed, Guide. Uhh... I guess I can let you in. Just don't touch anything and follow me.' The steel doors open slowly, with a low moan.
The Dvergar is covered in oil and sweat, and he generally looks like he's just come out of a slave camp. He begins to guide you down a magnificent, masterfully built corridor and up endless stairways.

He is quite soon interrupted by the appearance of a tall, muscled man with golden hair. The man's appearance hints of nobleness, but also of danger and violence.
' I'll take her from here.' Týr says, pushing the dwarf aside. He raises his eyebrow at you and gestures you to speak.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:54:55 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 04:20:06 am »

"As I am sure you are aware the Bureaucracy was disabled by a recent sneak attack by the Council of Angels. They appear to have taken control of the Bureaucracy's duties. As a result they now control the fates of not only their own but all souls, including those that would have been directed to your own pantheon. I request your assistance with the effort to restore a partial administration before the inevitable chaos of such an unbiased arbiter spreads. No doubt the Infernals are already making preparation to forceably take this power from the Angels, and many of the other factions are sure to follow..."

P.S.
 The council of angels has death squads chasing us across the cosmos, I am looking forward to what happens when our relationship makes it from 'indifferent' to 'unfriendly'...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2010, 05:50:57 am »

ehm Hellhound no Dwarf would stand at the Gates of Asgard, or be something like a Guard. There is specifically a god for this called Heimdall. He is normally sitting near a tower next to the rainbow bridge and is deciding whether to let guests in or not...

@Ram: propably wrong idea speaking like a bureaucrat here. The nordic gods may rely heavily on some of their laws, but they hate bureaucratic speaking, so no wishy-washy-talk...and although Týr may be the God of laws and justice we better speak with Odin as he is the father and leader of the Valkyries and will be porpably the only one whom the Valkyries obey...

morning Týr how is the stump feeling? Would you mind if i share mead and meat with you?
(we need that to be under guest right to be safe from attacks from them and/or the angels)
Where is Heimdall anyway? isn't he supposed to greet guests directly at Bifröst?(the Bridge)
As you propably have already noticed, the Council of Angels has gone nuts and destroyed the Bureaucracy. Well i wanted to speak with Odin about the Valkyries.

but look that you get the guest right by sharing mead and meat, so that they can't attack us for some reason...

if we get to Odin:
The Angels have taken control over the souls traffic. This means your supply lines for new soldiers for Ragnarök will propably dwindle and we all know what that means...we need the Valkyries and some of the other more famous Guides to reestablish the Guiding of Souls and to get some of the other Guides to follow us again. Otherwise the Angels will take complete control over it eradicate us Guides and then use the Souls for theselves. And you know what that means. Compared to this Ragnarök will look like some childs party...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2010, 06:22:17 am »

ehm Hellhound no Dwarf would stand at the Gates of Asgard, or be something like a Guard. There is specifically a god for this called Heimdall. He is normally sitting near a tower next to the rainbow bridge and is deciding whether to let guests in or not...

He's not a guard, they've brought all the dwarves they could find in to make weapons for them. He was just standing close-by. Also, as said, this is not Asgard.

EDIT: ((Or more likely, Heimdall already saw you at the bridge, and let you come. Nobody just bothered to tell the poor dwarf))

P.S.
 The council of angels has death squads chasing us across the cosmos, I am looking forward to what happens when our relationship makes it from 'indifferent' to 'unfriendly'...

The problem is that the Council doesn't know who's been killing their angels. Unless someone gets away from you, nothing's gonna happen...

EDIT EDIT: I can't update until sunday, sorry 'bout that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:25:41 am by Digital Hellhound »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2010, 01:06:26 pm »

Týr, Good evening. Could you help me with something? I'm sure you've heard, but the Council of Angels has taken out the Bureaucracy. Everythings gone. I've come here to ask for your help, because... Well, you're a god and I'm not, so...

I would really like to speak to Odin though, I hear he's the leader of the pantheon here. Unless you've someone who is speciffically devoted to dispensing knowledge, In which case I need to speak to them. I need to find the other guides and get a new Bureaucracy running. I doubt you want the angels to get all the souls, do you?

And make sure to be humble yet happy when speaking to them.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

'Good evening, Týr. You are no doubt aware about the Bureaucracy's destruction. I have come here to ask your help. Would an audience with Odin be possible? I...'
Týr waves you silent, his expression unreadable.

' You are too late, Guide. The All-Father has just left for a meeting with the Council, in fact. You can speak to me.'

You curse under your breath. Still, any Norse god should be enough for your needs.

´ Ah... I wish to create a new Bureaucracy from what the remains of the first one. The Council will take all the freshly receased for their own purposes unless stopped. And you know what that would mean to the Einherjar and Ragnarök. I wish to know where the Valkyries might be, and get them to help me in this task.' you explain. If Týr is affected by your speech, he doesn't show it.

' I see. I must admit we... dislike the Valkyries for leaving us in the first place, but they still continued their duties, so I did not mind. Yes, I know where they are. They died, Guide, died fighting the Angels to the end. I wish you good luck with your task, but I fear I cannot help you.' He sighs, showing emotion for the first time.

You suddenly realize he's lying. Týr opens his mouth to say something but stops. He looks a bit nervous, actually.

Should you press on the matter?

((Blegh so tired should've just written this next morning >_>))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21