Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22180 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 12:43:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And what's the point if not Fun?

Lets see these ruins before we decide anything. Though I suggest going to work for the norse afterward, seeing as their afterlife is for the sort of people we find.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 12:48:28 pm »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2010, 12:50:11 pm »

What, you were about to hit the ground and he got you out of there. That's not saving your life?

EDIT: Of course, he did it just because he was told to and put magical restraints on you shortly afterwards but oh well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:52:00 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 01:01:27 pm »

Well of course he only did it because he was told to, he's lawful evil. We wouldn't have saved anyone without orders either (without metagaming). But he is evil, even if he's lawful, so I'd rather not work with him and the Infernals.

Also, who are The Guides? Are they the organization that includes those dogs? Regardless, we could probably get a job there very easily.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 01:04:21 pm »

Those guys ARE already belonging to our organization. I would say that we go alone to the Underworld (to prevent he is just showing us some kind of illusion) and look for ourselves. If its true what he said, we work a while for them until we encounter the Norse...or those Essenceborn they sound quite interesting...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2010, 01:07:12 pm »

Yeah, all of you Psychopomps are also called Guides and worked for the Bureaucracy, but as it no longer exists and they're just an unorganized group of people I changed the name in Relations.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2010, 02:04:34 pm »

I say we work for the greek pantheon.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2010, 02:33:55 pm »

I say we gather all of the newly unemployed psychopomps and start our own organization.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2010, 02:54:23 pm »

I say we gather all of the newly unemployed psychopomps and start our own organization.
Oh hell yes let's do this.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

Oh hell yes let's do this.

I concur.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2010, 03:43:47 pm »

Indeed =D
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2010, 02:57:39 am »

' No. I'm not gonna work for you. I'll go check out if what you say is true now, but I'll go alone.' you proclaim. The demon stares at you for a while, expression betraying nothing. It comes over to the scalpel and pulls it back out from the stone, then sighs.

' I think you just made a huge mistake. You stand no chance out there.' You feel the restraints fade away, and get off the stone slab. Pain strikes immediately, but you grit your teeth and manage. Half of your wing is missing, but you didn't need that for flying anyway and could just as well shift your form so it'd be there again.
You shrug to the demon and jump through the Stream to the Underworld.

The first thing you notice is the silence. The Underworld is never silent, filled by resting or passing-by Guides and your superiors. The lack of life comes second, but you can't see any bodies either, oddly enough. You'd think an attack like this would leave a ton of bodies. The Bureaucracy buildings lay empty, and one is just a pile of rubble.
You've seen enough.

You think about your next step. You don't know if the Council will hunt down the remaining Guides, but it seems probable. You finding them first might be their only chance of survival, and together you might actually be able to fight back.

Unfortunately, the only way to find other Guides right now is to wait in the Stream for any of them to travel through and follow, which is probably the exact same thing the angels are doing. Guess it's worth the risk.

You go into the Stream - the plane connecting all the worlds and universes in existance - and wait.

Quite soon, a fellow Psychopomp comes into existance, a familiar beacon in the darkness. Unfortunately, six other beacons appear soon afterwards, heading after the first one. Angels. You're not sure if they can do whatever happened to you; pulling you where they wanted you, but they're still a huge threat.

Is going after this one worth the risk?

((Would've written more but my sister wanted the computer and this seemed like a good point to stop at))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:28:47 am by Digital Hellhound »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2010, 05:49:25 am »

Yes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2010, 06:38:46 am »

We have to start somewhere, and waiting just means less guides and probably more angels. Maybe we should work on a battle form if we are going to keep doing this...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2010, 09:05:31 am »

You drift after the Guide and it's pursuers, waiting for them to leave. After what seems like an eternity, the Guide disappears in a flash of light, followed closely by the angels.
You go after them.

You hover beside a skyscraper stretching far above the clouds. Other similar towers rise everywhere around you, some connected by small glass bridges. Below spreads a massive collection of every kind of building imaginable, from office buildings to something that look like the bastard children of an anthill and an anvil.
The Guide you followed flies quite abruptly right past you and crashes through the window of the skyscraper. The angels follow, and you see that, fortunately, only one of them is Seraphim. You tighten your grip on the claymore and fly after them.

The first one doesn't even notice you, and you drive the claymore through his lower body, neatly splitting it in two. The second shouts for help and clumsily tries to block your thrust with her spear, but you bat it aside and sink the blade into the angel's throat. She dies with a silent 'ghhrk'.

Before you can get on to the third, the sleek armoured shape of the Seraphim crashes into you and you find yourself back outside the skyscraper and falling fast, the mad warrior-angel still holding onto you. A massive silver spear sinks itself in your arm, but the claymore, held in your right arm, bites through the Seraphim's armour at the same time. Both of you yelp in pain and surprise, but you regain your wits faster and force the angel's spear arm away with the hilt of your blade.

You two continue falling, and the Seraphim surprises you by falling back to using it's fists and sends two devastating punches at your head, followed by two 'crack's as they connect.
You gather all your strenght behind one leg, knowing you can't win like this, and kick the Seraphim off you. He flies straight into the side of the skyscraper, and you rush after him.

You impale the Seraphim against the side of the skyscraper with your claymore.

After making sure he really is dead, you fly back up to the broken window and look in. The Guide - a tall, broad-shouldered black-haired man with an axe - pulls said axe out from the body of one of the lesser angels and grins.
' Thanks for the distraction. This might've actually been challenging if you hadn't arrived. Name's Varkhan. I don't suppose you were at the Underworld when the attack came? No? I kinda guessed; you're still alive.'
He laughs and begins cleaning the axe. ' So, what do you want?'

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21