Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 22178 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 02:05:22 pm »

"What are you hideing Tyr? Tell us."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2010, 02:42:23 pm »

Don't blatantly tell a norse god he's lying! Say "Are you sure none of the Valkyries survived? Surely some must have been elsewhere when the attack came?"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2010, 03:00:28 pm »

Odin working together with the council? That is completely impropable! Ask what he is trying to do achieve in that meeting...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »

Odin working together with the council? That is completely impropable! Ask what he is trying to do achieve in that meeting...
Broken skulls probably. Though Thor would be better suited for that...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

not that Odin couldn't chop of some heads for himself...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2010, 03:37:25 pm »

"all the Valkyries died fighting angels? Since they surely were not all in one place at the same time when the attack came, so they must have seeked out the angel squads... I knew the Valkyries were not afraid of death, but I did not think they were suicidal..."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2010, 04:00:41 pm »

Broken skulls probably. Though Thor would be better suited for that...

This is Wodan we're talking about here.  Wodan is infamous for being a complete and utter deceitful, backstabbing bastard and getting away with it.  Chances are he'd back up the council and then manipulate them into giving the Norse pantheon all of the power.

Also, subtle approach along the "Are you sure none of the Valkyries survived" route.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2010, 05:46:18 am »

You decide not to confront him directly and take a subtler route.

' Surely some of them must've survived? I highly doubt they were all in the same place when the attack came.' you say. Týr just shrugs. ' It makes no sense, Týr.'
The war-god sighs again, looks around and places a hand on your shoulder. ' They told me not to tell of this to anyone, but I can't see the point. They're not going to join you.'

Before you can ask anything, the air around you shifts, and an armoured warrior-woman is standing in the corridor with you. Týr is nowhere to be seen. The Valkyrie seems surprised, and it takes her some time to manage out a ' What do you want?'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:50:44 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2010, 05:57:02 am »

"We want to know just what the hell happened an why you won't help us. According to Tyr that is."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2010, 06:43:29 am »

"I seek to acquire the assistance of the valkyries in re-asserting the authority of the guides. The council's control of the receased destabilises the cosmos and will propagate intolerable levels of conflict. Additionally, the council must be held accountable for the lack of respect towards authority, and the guides..."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2010, 09:35:33 am »

' I need your help in rebuilding the Bureaucracy. The knowledge that the Valkyries stand behind me will rally the surviving Guides. We cannot allow the Council control of the Stream. They will take all the souls they find for themselves, and have most likely already begun. Please, come with me.' you explain. This better work. The Valkyrie looks thoughtful.

'How many? You speak of survivors, but you don't stand a chance with just a fragment of our original strenght.' she finally asks. You don't actually know, but most Guides are usually on the field instead of the Bureaucracy realm.

' Enough.' you say, hoping your words will prove true later on. The Valkyrie nods, and to your surprise, smiles.

' While I cannot speak for the others, I myself would very much like to see this dream of yours come true. My name is Hrist. Wait here. I will speak to my sisters.'

The Valkyrie disappears, leaving you alone in the corridor. Silence falls upon you, the only sounds being the distant ones of the Dvergar workshops. You sit down and begin to wait.

For nearly half an hour, nothing happens. Then, without warning, five Valkyries appear in the corridor before you, led by Hrist.

' We are ready to leave. The others... wouldn't come.' she says. This will have to do. Is there anything you'd like to ask them before you go?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2010, 10:16:24 am »

The Norse would have been nice to have as allies too, still, there is always next time...

There will be time later, lets make haste and rescue another guide before stopping to rest
no that's stupid... We should get to know them a little first, at least ask if they know anything of the legendary guides...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2010, 10:45:17 am »

I wonder if Death is around anywhere... Though I suppose he would probably have been near the top of the Bureaucracy, if he's alive(sorta...) he and his scythe could be useful.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:49 am »

The Guides:            Friendly (+50)
Norse Pantheon:      Indifferent (-10)
Greek Pantheon:      Indifferent (0)
Egyptian Pantheon:  Indifferent (0)
The Warders:          Indifferent (0)
The Essenceborn:    Indifferent (0)
Infernals:               Indifferent (-5)
Council of Angels:    Indifferent (-15)

Not sure who the warders and the essenceborn are, but with the greek pantheon there I am guessing that the ferryman will be about someplace. I wonder if we can recruit cats...
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:13 am »

I wonder if Death is around anywhere... Though I suppose he would probably have been near the top of the Bureaucracy, if he's alive(sorta...) he and his scythe could be useful.

Well, there is Azrael, he's got a robe and a scythe. He's the Archangel of Death, y'know.

Also, the Warders and the Essenceborn are my own creations.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:10:20 am by Digital Hellhound »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21