Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Noble Execution  (Read 5511 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Execution
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 04:10:47 am »

i like this idea.. cause not only can u kill nobles with magma.. u can kill the nobles supporters and friends with magma

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 11:18:39 am »

Instead of killing them we should make them !!usefull!! Yes I'm an Elf but I'm a broccoli eating(Ok I eat goats), intellectual, dashingly good looki'n and NONtreehugging Elf(Ok I hug chickens). I think that the nobles should actualy make something out of the stuff they request. They should also have PERSONAL conversations with the liason of what they want and need.  Also they should scare the dwarfs: If he desroys a bed then he has to go make one again. If he hits someone then he himself will have no breaks. They should get better and learn their lessons after this.

Shatup, DWARF!!!

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 04:46:09 pm »

From what I gather, we'll eventually appoint our own nobles instead of being sent freeloaders. When the baron is your favorite dwarf, you'll be a lot less inclined to kill it.

Combined with the feudal benefits, I see little reason not to tolerate their presence.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 06:02:59 pm »

"Urist like steel, axes, swords..."
NOBLEFY HIM
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 06:08:38 pm »

Eh, I like my barons to prefer materials I'm going to use in bulk and items I'm going to need in bulk... the stuff that it never hurts to have more of...

Urist McBaron likes Steel, Barrels, Bins, and Bolts.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »

Eh, I like my barons to prefer materials I'm going to use in bulk and items I'm going to need in bulk... the stuff that it never hurts to have more of...

Remember that he can ban exports, too, so you can't export anything made out of steel out of fear that he will suddenly change the mandate to ban exports once the goods are already in the caravan heading back.

This makes things such as liking goblets fairly annoying, as well.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 06:16:37 pm »

Pretty much everything I make out of steel is for personal use anyways.  Besides, banning exports is far less annoying than mandating construction.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 06:22:07 pm »

Apparently serrated discs are really good exports though. But you can always make those out of glass.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 10:08:29 pm »

Remember that he can ban exports, too, so you can't export anything made out of steel out of fear that he will suddenly change the mandate to ban exports once the goods are already in the caravan heading back.

This makes things such as liking goblets fairly annoying, as well.

If you export steel, you don't deserve your flux and should send it to my fort where it'll have a good home.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 04:38:41 am »

Nobles should make reasonable construction mandates and have some useful bonus effect on your fortress. Then the punishment for the accident would be losing the "bonus" caused by the noble.

Nobles could be useful, but have some negative effects too, like requiring stuff and mandates. They should still be more sensible than now. And no random darf punishments, it could be replaced with something else, which players could agree on. Dwarfs could "go rogue" and do something stupid/illegal and then they would be punished for real reasons.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 05:08:02 am »

It's not like the legal system has to exist just to throw people in jail randomly. Eventually dwarves will probably be smart enough to steal, get into little fights and whatnot but until then, it'd be better if the jails were used mostly for the player's whims.

VoidPointer

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Computerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 04:48:27 am »

I actually kind of like the idea of setting up the Resistance at my fort. Overthrow the feudalist oppressors to implement a democracy! And when the inevitable civil war begins, I'll just tell my Legendary Axedwarf to shred as hard as he can, while I sing from the parapets.

No one's gonna take me alive
Time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive...

I also like the idea of having nobles be actually useful, but it kind of flies in the face of most of history. Not that we don't do that already, of course.
01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110
01001001 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00101110

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 11:59:21 am »

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING

SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN

IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL

NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 12:15:06 pm »

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING

SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN

IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL

NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN

I got excited by a Les Miserables reference... do I win or lose at the Internet for that?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »

I originally though you meant have a way to execute nobles built in. And I ignored this. Now that I read it. Nice idea. I think there should be much harsher punishment for killing nobles.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz
Pages: 1 [2] 3