Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: conQUEST: a new MUD  (Read 12795 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: conQUEST: a new MUD
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 09:14:38 pm »

I'll pick something eventually.

Hmm, I just tried a fencer, and I'm getting killed a lot.  Anyone have any good build advice?  Playing a ravager until I have a better idea, it's easier.

Ravager kicks ass, I'm killing NPCs in two or three hits, advancement's going super-easy.

The spelling is pretty bad though, that's the one flaw I've seen so far.  It really detracts from the game, especially when some abilities and mobs are misspelled.

EDIT:  I think I'll be a blacksmith.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:08:18 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09:14 am »

That leaves room for leatherworkers, alchemists, maybe a gemcrafter and a metalcrafter. Who's doing what?
I'm gonna be focusing on leatherworking metalsmithing and gemcrafting.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:06:28 am by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010, 12:20:49 am »

has anyone come up with any cool MuschClient plugins or triggers for this? I find the status bar spam to be a bit annoying and hard to read. It would be nice if the status bar went to a new window so you could watch your energy rise, etc and then make your attacks without spamming out the flavor text in combat in the first window.

The problem is, you cant easily trigger the prompt line because it does not send a new line at the end and so mushclient wont pick it up.
Theres a custom client he made thats kinda like that.

can someone link this? I cant find it.
I got nothing

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35:31 am »

I am Dragnar in-game as well. I have one name and it is used everywhere I can.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:23 am »

has anyone come up with any cool MuschClient plugins or triggers for this? I find the status bar spam to be a bit annoying and hard to read. It would be nice if the status bar went to a new window so you could watch your energy rise, etc and then make your attacks without spamming out the flavor text in combat in the first window.

The problem is, you cant easily trigger the prompt line because it does not send a new line at the end and so mushclient wont pick it up.
Theres a custom client he made thats kinda like that.

can someone link this? I cant find it.
I'm not sure if this ones updated or what but the one that I know of is here.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 10:29:30 am »

So the game now has player-created shops?  Well that's revolutionary - it's almost on par with all IR games, Discworld, BatMud and about a hundred others now.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 10:34:17 am »

No one claimed it was revolutionary, just a nice a addition to an already good game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 11:21:59 am »

I'm Morul in game.
Shoes...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 01:07:03 pm »

So the game now has player-created shops?  Well that's revolutionary - it's almost on par with all IR games, Discworld, BatMud and about a hundred others now.

It was an informative statement to people who already played, and didn't know that feature just went in.  Have a nice day.

I'm Sowelu in-game, too.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 01:46:30 pm »

EVERYBODY EVERYBODY NICHOLAS JUST RAGEQUIT

FEE ITENS OUT THE WAZOO, IT'S RAINING STUFF
Shoes...

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2010, 12:16:27 am »

Renegade in-game; currently fooling around with a longsword/club build.

My crafting skills are fairly balanced at the moment (though my blacksmithing is highest), so I could pick up alchemy or summat if nobody else does, if we're still doing this community schtick.

Also, I'm personally responsible for potions of firebreathing.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2010, 04:24:26 am »

As i said in a previous post im Future ingame and im focusing on gemcraft.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2010, 08:36:20 am »

Hmm... I want to try this but my PuTTY won't connect. Can other people get on? I accidentally connected to that Shattered Dreams or whatever thing before I got the port correct, so I don't THINK it's my problem, but I just wanted to check.

Edit: Tried MUSHclient too and that times out during connection attempts as well. This isn't my first (or second, or third) MUD, so I SHOULD be able to connect no problem if it's as simple as just putting in conquest.sdmud.com port 5000 and hitting connect.
Edit2: Found that custom client and tried that, same problem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:05:10 am by Bluerobin427 »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2010, 08:51:50 am »

So what's this about a custom client Alister made?  Where is that obtainable?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It works pretty well for hunting, I can kill most common monsters, wyverns aren't much trouble, and trolls drop in the first combo.  I die a little too much for my liking though.  Any tips on improving it?

Anyway, I'm making a berserker's axe, and I need a savage essence.  Any reasonably good alchemists able to make me one?  I have the residue.

EDIT:  Just found a map on an ogre.

Spoiler: Cool story bro (click to show/hide)

I've almost got enough money for a shop license, maybe I should sell this one out of cruelty. 

Edit:  Found it.  I'm a badass.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:12:03 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2010, 09:47:58 am »

It works pretty well for hunting, I can kill most common monsters, wyverns aren't much trouble, and trolls drop in the first combo.  I die a little too much for my liking though.  Any tips on improving it?
You can kill wyverns? That's pretty darn good already, I just run from those.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10