Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: conQUEST: a new MUD  (Read 12799 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: conQUEST: a new MUD
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 04:35:25 am »

Personally, I started out as a fencer build but now I use that magical sword for its wand capabilities and throw in some fire magic. I'll probably drop that idea soon as the whole purpose of it was to be able to use cauterize as a healing spell but the sword isn't able to cast higher magic.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 04:50:12 am »

I  just want a Arcanum themed MU with mostly free form style >.>

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57:51 am »

Joined as Future, on my way to becoming a gemcraft master :P.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 01:09:46 pm »

I'm thinking that once the point cap gets raised, I might try dual wielding with some more exotic combinations.

Alister (the admin) does not have any intention of raising the number of achievment points you can get unfortunatly. As for magic well that tends to be a more party based deal (unless you hire an npc but even then) but you can often get the same result by doing the surprise attackbuild though I think using magic wouldn't have as high a risk of drawing aggro alot as the surprise attack. And surprise attack works if what your attacking is not attacking you, though if you don't have threat you can surprise attack.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 01:47:23 pm »

Huh, I coulda sworn I heard him saying he was going to raise the cap to 100, but that was just an offhand remark that I might have misinterpreted or heard out of context.  In any case I was assuming it would happen far in the future.  And of course it would need rebalancing of all the existing costs, but...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:25 pm »

What's the current cap?
Shoes...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2010, 02:31:19 pm »

has anyone come up with any cool MuschClient plugins or triggers for this? I find the status bar spam to be a bit annoying and hard to read. It would be nice if the status bar went to a new window so you could watch your energy rise, etc and then make your attacks without spamming out the flavor text in combat in the first window.

The problem is, you cant easily trigger the prompt line because it does not send a new line at the end and so mushclient wont pick it up.
I got nothing

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2010, 02:32:27 pm »

What's the current cap?

Current cap is 30.  Now, keep in mind that if you want to get all the skills for one weapon specialization, you will need two attributes at 8 each.  That only lets you buy 14 skills.  Quite enough if...say...the other groups you want share the same primary attributes as your weapon specialization.  However, you're probably not going to put points in all four of your attributes.

When you think about it, 100 would be really damn high.  30 seems low...but if there were some skills that needed a 16 in a stat, I could see the cap going up to 50 or so.

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2010, 01:53:56 pm »

This sounds really promising. I'll give it a shot sometime. Thanks for the heads up Userpay.

Edit: Is that Genmac the same Genmac from HellMOO?

yes

I am playing a dodgy rapier/dagger build : http://conquestmud.wikia.com/wiki/User:Genmac512

Also that's the wiki address until someone puts up a real one.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »

has anyone come up with any cool MuschClient plugins or triggers for this? I find the status bar spam to be a bit annoying and hard to read. It would be nice if the status bar went to a new window so you could watch your energy rise, etc and then make your attacks without spamming out the flavor text in combat in the first window.

The problem is, you cant easily trigger the prompt line because it does not send a new line at the end and so mushclient wont pick it up.
Theres a custom client he made thats kinda like that.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »

Player-run shops went in pretty recently.  Spend 200 prestige, get a shop deed, and you can put it...heck, maybe anywhere on the world map.

Pretty exciting, considering how little time it took to get implemented.

Oh yeah!  And don't forget that Alister welcomes recipe, monster, and trait suggestions.  One of my monster suggestions got accepted!  It's a Dire Worg.  Spoilers for its combat sequence:  It uses claws, trying to hit you twice in a row.  If it succeeds, it'll try to latch its jaws onto you, then start tearing the hell out of you with insane damage that's hard to block...the only way it lets go is if you deal a certain amount of damage.  It also has a defensive maneuver when it needs to restore energy, and if you attack it when it's in that mode, it'll jump straight to jaw lock.  ("Don't attack it when it's in its shell!"  "Don't attack the dragon when it's turned into mist!"  Like every first JRPG boss ever...)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:58:38 pm by Sowelu »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2010, 07:48:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »

So how does the magic work?  I would hope it'd be as interesting and creative as the combat.
Shoes...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2010, 07:59:10 pm »

Oh...  My character is working on blacksmithing.  Only up to like 8%, but I'll be working on improving that exclusively.  We might as well combine our efforts...Who wants to specialize in what?  I will happily craft any metal thing at all upon request!  Personally I'd appreciate if someone was awesome at carpentry, because my maces will need a good haft...but really, anything is totally cool.

I vote that we DO create our own little community.  Not a clan, and there's no towns yet, but we might as well share and share alike.  We could even pick an out-of-the-way spot to set up our stores and make believe...there's a huge mountain range to the north and way to the west, but there's also a cute little spot south of it (still northish from town) that has a little miniature mountain.  Or there's the desert mountain in the southwest if we wanted to be really hardcore.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2010, 08:03:13 pm »

I will join this community!
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10