Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: conQUEST: a new MUD  (Read 12782 times)

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: conQUEST: a new MUD
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 03:10:57 am »

The combat is definitely pretty damn cool, and the style of the MUD, while incomplete, is already very unique. While refreshing, I don't think I have the time for another game of this sort (Currently hooked on FiranMUX). It's great, though.

A few commands are unintuitive, but no doubt it's because it's still incomplete. Some organizing of the help files, and then some clearer instructions on how to unequip items (remove) and some quests and such would be great. The people are pretty helpful, and there's usually at least one or two people on that can answer questions. Nice atmosphere.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 03:19:20 am »

I'm Arsyth ingame.

And you can finish all quests and duels in roughly three hours if you find your equipment and stat/skill sweet spot.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 05:36:57 am »

I've been looking for a MUD to play. I'd like to try it out, but I get quickly turned off by any games that don't have permadeath. I can't find help files on death in the game on the wiki, but since it's not mentioned up front, I'll assume it's not in game :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 10:52:45 am »

I've been looking for a MUD to play. I'd like to try it out, but I get quickly turned off by any games that don't have permadeath. I can't find help files on death in the game on the wiki, but since it's not mentioned up front, I'll assume it's not in game :P
Theres no permadeath, actually right now theres no penalty for death though this might change in the future for all I know.

OtspIII

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 11:00:41 am »

Once guilds and the resource wars start apparently you'll be able to claim 3 (exact numbers may change) high quality items to keep, but everything else on you will be lootable when you die.  I have the feeling other penalties to death may be added, but for now it's pretty forgiving.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »

So far, this looks like it might become my favorite MUD ever.  It still needs more flavor.  (I wouldn't mind if it had half a billion character races like RetroMUD, for example.)  But...it's the most user-friendly MUD I have ever seen in my life.  Man.  MUDs are not usually user-friendly.

It makes things really easy for you without dumbing it down.  In fact, it seems like it smartens things up while making them easy.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 02:02:56 am »

Is this a good MUD for someone who has never played one before, then?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 02:19:01 am »

You'll probably be disappointed when you play your second MUD in terms of game mechanics, but I'd think so.
Does anyone know the syntax to make a recipe that you read? As in, an intelligence rune or lionheart vambraces?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:00:16 am by Rakonas »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 03:04:16 am »

Still has a ways to go but I like it so far, will definitely follow it. Like that it's combat and lumberjacking are more interactive feeling than a lot of other games.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 03:25:38 am »

What's the roleplay like?  I don't like non-RP MUDs.

You should have considered AtonementRPI.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 10:45:29 am »

You'll probably be disappointed when you play your second MUD in terms of game mechanics, but I'd think so.
Does anyone know the syntax to make a recipe that you read? As in, an intelligence rune or lionheart vambraces?
Theres two syntaxes of crafting depending on the item, the first for stuff like armor and weapons you just start crafting the base item like for the lionheart vambraces you'd begin to craft plate-vambraces, you add in the stuff needed to make vambraces, then you add the stuff the recipe calls for like in this case you'd add a savage essence and a strength rune made of garnet or ruby to the item, then you craft queue and it should come out what the recipe says. The other syntax used is for making essences and runes and such. Its 'craft <essence/rune> <for essences name the residue your using/for rune name the type (ie strength) of rune your making>.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34:36 am »

This looks interesting, I was tired of all the massive grinding in other MUDs, might try this, RP intensive or not. The combat system looks fun aswell.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

GaelicVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 12:23:21 pm »

I've signed up.  Character name is Aero.

Is there magic in the game?  So far I only see stuff for fighters and duelists.  Combat is really tough to get used to, I've just set it to autocombat for now.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 12:26:52 pm »

I've signed up.  Character name is Aero.

Is there magic in the game?  So far I only see stuff for fighters and duelists.  Combat is really tough to get used to, I've just set it to autocombat for now.
Yeah, didn't you deliver the letter to the mage's tower yet? There's an orb that you have to touch to be teleported there in the south central part of town

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »

This looks interesting... trying it out as Dragnar.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10