Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: conQUEST: a new MUD  (Read 12770 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: conQUEST: a new MUD
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 05:21:33 pm »

I've got gemcutting at 12 and rising rapidly, but I'm not an alchemist so I can only get you halfway to the runes you'll need.

I'm hoping runes get moved to gemcutting, so that metalsmihting is useful without three separate professions...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2010, 05:27:17 pm »

We should make trade or group guilds instead of forum guilds imo~

ditching out on HellMOO for some new diversions?
I got nothing

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »

I've got gemcutting at 12 and rising rapidly, but I'm not an alchemist so I can only get you halfway to the runes you'll need.

I'm hoping runes get moved to gemcutting, so that metalsmihting is useful without three separate professions...

Actually, they already did.

fakeedit: ninja'd

If Umiman's doing the leathercrafting and Dragnar does the gemcutting, we just need an alchemist for the essences.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »

Runes are in gemcrafting.
...huh?
*checks*
Well what do ya know, Alister moved it. When did that happen? Also, AWESOME!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 06:44:06 pm »

Guilds go in on the 21st.

As for carpentry... kind of. Though carts recently got (mostly) removed for an overhaul.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010, 05:11:30 am »

Oh my god... my new build is insane. It's just a spellblade with a small shield and basic leather armour. The dodge easily exceeds 130 and parry goes as high as 90. Mitigation is about 25 and resistance is about 17 hehe.

Super defence! I killed an ogre king without taking damage. Took forever though as I do quite low damage.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010, 11:43:03 am »

Oh my god... my new build is insane. It's just a spellblade with a small shield and basic leather armour. The dodge easily exceeds 130 and parry goes as high as 90. Mitigation is about 25 and resistance is about 17 hehe.

Super defence! I killed an ogre king without taking damage. Took forever though as I do quite low damage.
Post the build? I'm quite curious as to how you managed to get it so high.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2010, 11:22:53 am »

I'm still investigating, but it appears that guilds've gone in early.

Confirmed; guilds are in.

Everyone, get on and join the bay12 chat channel so we can organize this guild!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:39:58 pm by HailFire »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2010, 12:23:26 pm »

I'm still investigating, but it appears that guilds've gone in early.
...hmm, indeed it does. Any idea how to get a bay12 guild set up?

Edit: Ooh, looks like player buildings are in too now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:32:21 pm by dragnar »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2010, 02:36:43 pm »

Since nobody else has yet, I'm going to go ahead and form the guild, and then pass off leadership to someone better suited once they get online.

But before that: We need a slogan name!

Ideas thus far:

Slaves to Armok (and/or God of Blood)

ED: Also, carpenters are now VERY useful! Walls etc. for guildhouses are carpenting, and I now have a recipe for reflective shields, shields also being carpentry.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:59:34 pm by HailFire »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2010, 04:25:45 am »

We still don't have a guild and I don't really intend to start one.

On the other hand, we did some pretty awesome stuff tonight. The SA goons were bitching about having no enemy to fight and how their guild was inpenetrable. We got tired of their shit and later on, a couple of us raided their hq. Smacked down everything without casualties. And we killed one unlucky guildmember who was idling in there.

After that we raided the admin guild too. The admin monsters all had 20% damage boost and we died... so... many... times... Still won though. Eventually. The ogre king + wisp room wasn't too hard. The one that really stopped us was the balor + mummy. I'd imagine a balor + ogre king room would be.... hard...

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »

The guild has been created: We shall henceforth be known as the Liberal Crime Squad!

We need a slogan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2010, 09:30:08 pm »

I'm probably going to take a nice long break. I've become so bored and jaded that it's probably more harmful for me to continue being in the game for now. I really wish that Alister would agree to let someone program in short term fun stuff such as quests, new areas, or even the promised weekly competitions and arenas instead of only focusing on extremely long term grandoise plans. I appreciate having future plans but there's only so many times you can kill the same three bosses...

There are honestly so many issues right now it'll give me an aneurysm just trying to type it out. Safe to say, hopefully the general situation will improve in the future.

I'll probably log back in once every 2 days to put more crafts back into the queue. Insurance, I guess.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2010, 09:39:09 pm »

I'll probably log back in once every 2 days to put more crafts back into the queue. Insurance, I guess.

That and I still want my damn cloak.  :P

Seriously, guys, log in so I can recruit you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10