Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39229 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2010, 12:05:52 am »

Press F8 to check your pings in game.
Thank you though that doesn't help if your trying to get into a game that won't lag to hell...
Type in openserverbrowser to the console, mate.
Oh thank gods.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2010, 12:26:32 am »

You're welcome, but there's no need to be so formal. Just "Umiman" is fine.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 24, 2010, 12:35:48 am »

Anyways: First impressions meh.

4 player co-op eh... I feel like I have to be good and have to contribute a lot to the game... I'm starting to think I do better in games like WWIIOL where if I do good I help a bit but if I die its not going to lose the war for my side.  Not like this where if I die, boom 25% of the team is dead.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2010, 01:48:41 am »

I found something interesting on my first online play through. There was me, level 1, two level 11's, and another level one. I'm rather sad to admit this, but I was better than the two level 11s combined. They'd run around with dual pistols like it was l4d, and one of them was the only tech. They'd both get butt raped by 3 swarm, and I'd run in with my auto gun and go "WTF guys?" When we finally made it through the first level, I was so proud of them. The other level 1 had issues with the controls, but he did slightly better than the other two.
Anyone up for a game?
Steam ID: Officer Beepski
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:51:21 am by NewsMuffin »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 24, 2010, 01:57:48 am »

Dual Pistols are a great weapon on Easy and Normal but they lose their effectiveness once the game goes hard due to the sheer number of enemies that go after you.

Though they arn't bad and I am tired of people who pick weapons that run out of ammo FAST!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 24, 2010, 02:02:50 am »

DON'T YOU BE HATIN' ON MY DUAL PDW LOADOUT.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 24, 2010, 02:06:39 am »

DON'T YOU BE HATIN' ON MY DUAL PDW LOADOUT.

Well I guess technically if you were able to keep timing in your heal you could kill a herd of enemies with the pistols using only as much ammo as you need.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2010, 02:07:35 am »

I DON'T BE HATIN' PER-SAY...
But they lose their effectiveness after the beginning of the second level if you don't have sentries. But then again, I wouldn't put it past some people to do a mission with dual pistols and a sentry.
I also don't like when people do a mission with a sentry and a marksmans rifle or rail rifle. They don't have an automatic weapon like they should, and they're generally useless to the team. I haven't used either, but I'm pretty sure the view range stays the same.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 24, 2010, 02:08:47 am »

Seeing as the developers spontaneously decided to use nearly decade-old technology in their programming for no perceivable reason, I have been rendered incapable of playing this until I get a different processor.

Not even new, just different.  The Pentium 4 was the first one to introduce this technology back in 2001.  It took two years before AMD copied them and released a processor with the same support features.  In 2003, I received a bargain processor that was the second-newest model, and it has served me faithfully and effectively through the many years I've had it.

The first-newest model had this support. 

Apparently, it's taken game developers nine years to actually start incorporating it into their programs.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2010, 02:11:54 am »

Guys, dual PDW. Not dual dual pistol.

The PDW is a weapon that hits harder and faster than the assault rifle - this thing wrecks shield bugs - but has a habit of running out of ammo quickly. I use it most in speedruns, the sewer, and the final level.

If you need things dead faster than an assault rifle can make them dead, bring the PDW.

But don't cry if you bring only one and a sentry then can't shoot for half the level.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2010, 02:12:35 am »

I'll play after I'm done with some random flash game.  I'm Malicus.

Edit: I'm done now.  But due to not having actually BOUGHT anything from Steam, I can't add friends, so...  I think someone else will have to take the initiative?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:17:49 am by Malicus »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2010, 02:14:04 am »

I also don't like when people do a mission with a sentry and a marksmans rifle or rail rifle. They don't have an automatic weapon like they should, and they're generally useless to the team. I haven't used either, but I'm pretty sure the view range stays the same.

They arn't bad weapons, but your never going to be able to hold a line with them. Against the stronger enemies later in the game they arn't too bad to have around.

Also here is a tip!

TIP: MANY missions have ambushes that can devistate your team and the usual strategy 99% of the time people employ is to deploy a sentry and hold out against them. However a FAR FAR FAR more effective strategy is in fact to have some members of your team pull back and attack the ambush from behind. This is especially useful in the last mission where the ambush is known to kill even good players.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2010, 02:17:36 am »

I'm talking about the dual pistols. Not PDWs.

Great tip. The sentries work fine for Normal, though. I'll try that next time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2010, 02:18:28 am »

I'm talking about the dual pistols. Not PDWs.

Great tip. The sentries work fine for Normal, though. I'll try that next time.

Well it isn't that Sentries are horrible, in fact still use them.

It is that people always send everyone to these ambush spots when waiting behind would be rather useful (there are two ambush spots I am thinking of in particular)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2010, 02:25:16 am »

Which ones?
Put it in a spoiler, but not if it's after the 4th mission. I haven't gotten a good group together to get past level 4 without getting sick of each other. I've gotten to the 5th level, but haven't beaten it. It isn't very fun to be medic when half the team uses either the marksman's rifle or the rail sniper, and gets infested because their gun fires three times a minute.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:27:26 am by NewsMuffin »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37