Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39279 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2010, 11:26:58 pm »

umm... "low" I think.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2010, 11:40:57 pm »

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375009

Ooh, someone's starting a really huge mod.  This could be interesting...
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2010, 11:55:18 pm »

Wow looks awesome cant wait to play it, and the new weapons sound really great, the 5 new campaigns sound promising.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2010, 11:56:39 pm »

It certainly didn't take them long to unbalance the game more then it already is.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2010, 01:29:16 am »

I just noticed that if you bring both Wolf and Wildcat with you they tease each other. I think that was in the mod too though.  I just got through the first two levels on Insane playing with various people of various skill levels.  We got to the ending of the second level multiple times at which point no one freaking ran for the exit!  Finally I made it while the other guys were standing around on the lift getting infested and of course the last guy alive who was infested had to live just a second longer than me so we had to start all over.  The second time I was yelling at the same guy to come to get over here and that if I died before him I was kicking him from the game.  He just sat there shooting aliens while I barely survived and somehow just somehow survived until he died.  Then he started saying he had no idea where I was, or where the exit was... I said "It's the big pulsating square on the minimap."  I guess he was sitting too close to the screen or something.  :p
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:02 am »

I had an idea for a (possibly one-map-long) campaign: It would be kind of like the last map in the official campaign in that you go to one end of the map then run back to the other. But instead of detonating a bomb, you're getting bot reinforcements and guiding them back to wherever you started, fighting off an endless horde of aliens along the way. If there were a second map, you'd have whatever reinforcements survived the original endless horde, and you'd fight against several "boss" aliens while more endless hordes come after you. The reinforcements would probably be whatever characters you didn't go into the campaign playing.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39:27 am »

I love the spontaneous epic moments that show up in Alien Swarm.

I was in a public Normal game, we cleared out the middle area of the Residential level...

Then everyone else died to parasites. Coincidentally, I was the only one who had promoted (So while I'm yelling "Drop a freaking beacon," they're all dying to the same parasite).

This leaves me, Vegas the Tech, vs. basically the entire level.

So I drop my sentry off near the elevator and build it to about 99% so I can activate it later without wasting its ammo now. I Shotgun my way back to the bodies, grab the flamethrower off a body, temporarily switch out shotty for an ammo satchel and dump all the boxes outside the vent, grab the shotgun again, and with my enormous ammo stash I clear the vents out solo. I was cautious about dealing with parasites, for obvious reasons, but with the sheer amount of fire I laid down I encountered little meaningful resistance. Once I was done with that, I went to the northwest area and proceeded to be pecked to about 1/7 health by those GODDAMN flying things. I even ran back to my sentry and finished it to let it deal with them. So I head up, go up to the hack door, realize I'm gonna get raped if I try it as well as that the shotgun is not enough to break it in a timely manner.

So I sigh, go back to my sentry, drop shotgun, bring sentry over, set sentry, hack, torch, pick up sentry, clear the upstairs area out of eggs, head back through the door to the exit zone (topping off my flamethrower and shotgun ammo as I go). I weld the door shut on my way back through, replace my sentry, tap the button, and proceed to solo the finale at 1/7 health... While putting up with Magic Phasing Boomgoo from the goo-lobber off to the west... Which blew up my sentry... And barely survive to the elevator's arrival, whereupon I run in just as an alien sac-o'-bombs was closing on me.

While Pendulum's collaboration with In Flames played.

Fuck yes.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2010, 01:03:07 pm »

I had a fun game with you guys. It was my first time but I enjoyed it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2010, 02:54:28 pm »

When I first went into this, I expected that gaining levels would improve your stats :/
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:06 pm »

When I first went into this, I expected that gaining levels would improve your stats :/

But no

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2010, 03:35:28 pm »

Yeah, from the looks of character selection one would imagine you were meant to be able to change those stats. Maybe there's a way to do it anyway...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2010, 03:36:52 pm »

Yeah, from the looks of character selection one would imagine you were meant to be able to change those stats. Maybe there's a way to do it anyway...
asw_custom_skill_points 1

Type it into console before hosting a game. It's totally unbalanced though, and not in the way you're thinking. I have no clue if you get more points as the campaign goes on either.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2010, 03:40:21 pm »

It's totally unbalanced though, and not in the way you're thinking.

I've seen a few people say this but nobody has really explained it

so.. explain what you're talking about?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:46 pm »

You only get 8 points to assign per character. :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:15 pm »

Weird.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37