Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39202 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »

Downloading now. At 75% and bored. Would be higher(if not finished) if Steam didn't pause downloads when you play a game, even singleplayer.

That looks a bit like Ripley...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2010, 03:27:59 pm »

I have discovered the tesla canon is the ultimate in facehugger zapping technology, although it does give me trouble with eggs. I completed an easy campaign, thought I had to redo the last mission about 8 times because everyone kept getting facehugged... damn aliens, when will they finally learn what too much love is?
Eh, the last mission is easy.
You chuck some explosive into the big cluster of eggs at the end, no more facehuggers.
We finally won when the guy who had constantly ran into the facehuggers, and gotten himself killed the most then screamed at the team medics for not healing him left, and got replaced by a guy with a shotgun who just tossed incindiariy grenades at them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2010, 04:00:56 pm »

Fun game. Very short, but hey it's free so whatever.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »

The game is excellent, i played it almost all day and i must say the special weapons class is my favourite, nothing beats a flamer and a minigun :)
Also while playing with some friends a few hours ago we almost won a level.There where three of us and after we completed the first level it offered us to raise the difficulty to hard because we were so good.We naturally accepted, our medic died some 100 meters before the elevator, then we mounted one hell of a defense, the second guy, an officer died at the very bottom just as the elevator was opening, we both run out of ammo and got swarmed, he died first while i tried to zig zag my way to the end with some 15 drones after me, and as i was doing the final leap toward the end zone i get hit and slam into the wall dead.
It was one of the most epic gaming expiriences in my life :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2010, 04:25:43 pm »

We finally won when the guy who had constantly ran into the facehuggers, and gotten himself killed the most then screamed at the team medics for not healing him left, and got replaced by a guy with a shotgun who just tossed incindiariy grenades at them.
Some guy got infested in my game and I shot him a lot with the flamethrower and then he died and I killed all the parasites that came out of him and then I won the game while he whined.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2010, 04:33:29 pm »

Some guy got infested in my game and I shot him a lot with the flamethrower and then he died and I killed all the parasites that came out of him and then I won the game while he whined.

My favourite? Last level, the (tech-only) locked door after the first pile of boulders. While the tech worked, one guy spent the entire time meleeing the door. As soon as the door was unlocked, he dashed through.

It took less than a second for him to get a half-dozen parasites, and another 3 seconds for him to die. (Luckily, he laughed about it. And never made that mistake again!)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2010, 04:40:47 pm »

Yeah, whoever is first through that door generally gets a face full of alien breeding tube. I deliberately don't tell new players about it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2010, 04:48:16 pm »

I played a medic for almost an entire campaign with utter noobs. I know, it's not nice to call people that, and nobody knows the maps yet, but at least pay some attention and don't run all over the place, splitting up and almost dieing everywhere. I had to race across the map to keep them all alive.

So I kept them actually alive for a long time, when two of them decide they want to be a medic. In short order, they get infected and die, no 3 dies, and I finish the entire level by myself :)

And I have too few steam friends, apparently. Add me!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »

Get on the DFC bay12 chat, it has people waiting to play, I believe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2010, 04:54:35 pm »

and I have too few steam friends, apparently. Add me!
Be careful what you ask for. I had about a dozen people from here add me to their steam friends and it was bad. People kept interrupting me while I was mid-game spamming invites to other games, even after I explained that I was busy, or chatting at me for no apparent reason.

I just removed every B12er from my friends list. At least I can play a game now without getting 4 different invitation spams.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2010, 04:56:29 pm »

I hate that, and inviting to group spam.

DFC also tends to make some kind of announcement every day for something, and many times it's for something not very interesting, or it's saying the same thing over and over.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2010, 04:57:11 pm »

I hate that, and inviting to group spam.

DFC also tends to make some kind of announcement every day for something, and many times it's for something not very interesting, or it's saying the same thing over and over.
Event spam is annoying.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2010, 04:59:11 pm »

The event spam I can live with, as long as they don't interrupt what I was doing. Which, on my computer, is either gaming or programming, where the last one is just me waiting for any excuse to start gaming.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2010, 05:29:47 pm »

Sorry guys, but if you're complaning about the DFC team event spamming then leave? It only takes one button.

And anyway, the majority of times its for a good cause, playing games with other bay12'ers.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2010, 05:32:08 pm »

I think you can turn off event popups and such in steam.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37