Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19  (Read 39188 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: New Alien Swarm on Steam Monday 7/19
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2010, 11:29:00 pm »

The Blink device is teh shit! Love that thing.

My Sarge line up is Vindicator, PDW and Hornet Barrage. Killtacular. Beat the campaign on normal after replaying the first 6 levels like 5 times, and still have more unlocks. Now time to screw with the map editor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2010, 11:59:35 pm »

I'm level 13 now I think, having beaten the default campaign on normal. Now for me to create some hell-level in the map maker, or beat it on hard/insane mode...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 12:06:16 am »

Yep. Now I'm waiting for an update to the game so that I can play. It doesn't appear to be my hardware that's making it crash, as people on the Steam forums who have the same problem say they go beyond the Minimum Requirements and perhaps even the Recommended Specs.

In the meantime, playing L4D2 for my co-op needs.  :D
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 12:27:57 am »

...what exactly does it do? I tried it once, off that fixed spawn in the last level... and couldn't figure out what the heck it was trying to do. Besides a bit of semi-random teleportation. (I then had to hurry off before my team forgot about me.  ;) )

Either way, I've been playing Medic, and I need a suggestion. I've been using a healgun, and whatever secondary tool I think the level needs... but what's a good primary? I've mainly been using the standard rifle, and that's fine... but there must be something better! What does everyone else use for a general weapon with no secondary weapon to back it up?

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2010, 12:39:45 am »

I prefer the flamer, as you know :D as a support weapon its great. Good for clearing out eggs and infested facehugger things, also needed for some objectives and does decent damage.
The only real problem is its a spread weapon so you gotta be careful not to flame your own people. Too much.

*Also i was sceptical about the medigun, i thought area effect of the medikit would be better. However upon usage i quickly realised its much more efficient and long term useful to have a medigun. It lasts longer, it hals quicker (which is essential to survive and help survive infestation) and it is mobile.

Thats my opinion anyway. Maybe we will unlock an alternate weapon :D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:44:48 am by Deadmeat1471 »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2010, 01:19:22 am »

...what exactly does it do? I tried it once, off that fixed spawn in the last level... and couldn't figure out what the heck it was trying to do. Besides a bit of semi-random teleportation. (I then had to hurry off before my team forgot about me.  ;) )

It teleports you to wherever your reticle is.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2010, 01:20:54 am »

I bet you can bug the shit out of that :D teleport somewhere youre not allowed  :P

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:21 am »

Played through on hard. We got stuck on the level where you destroy all the eggs and biomass. Those headcrabs are a pain in the ass.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 03:22:22 am »

Is anyone having an issue where if you get hurt the screen shakes so madly you can't see shit? It likes do whole spins of madness.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 03:23:32 am »

Usually only when I get hurt during a lag spike.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2010, 03:25:25 am »

Due to the shithead matchmaking, I will never find anyone with a ping under 150ms to me. So I will always be lagging and seeing spinning screen of madness. -_-

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2010, 04:03:28 am »

Due to the shithead matchmaking, I will never find anyone with a ping under 150ms to me. So I will always be lagging and seeing spinning screen of madness. -_-

Friends - they are good to have. I live in sweden if that's in your region for better ping.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2010, 04:34:07 am »

Is anyone having an issue where if you get hurt the screen shakes so madly you can't see shit? It likes do whole spins of madness.
That has only happened to me when those small floaty aliens hit me. It might be a feature.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:36:38 am by LASD »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2010, 04:43:23 am »

That has only happened to me when those small floaty aliens hit me. It might be a feature.
Happens to me with almost every single damage I take. It's really annoying.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2010, 05:09:31 am »

Just finished the campaign on normal with some people from the Bay12 steam group and damn, is this game fun!

My favorite weapon is the testla rifle, since you can't hit friendlies with it and it slows down the enemies.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37